Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The South is all fake nice about 99% of the time.

They think they're better than you. Believe it. Just like they believe in Jaysus Christ.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    The South is all fake nice about 99% of the time.

They think they're better than you. Believe it. Just like they believe in Jaysus Christ.
    Gosh darn tootin' we're better than ya'll city-slickin' yanks!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

As soon as you hear "bless your heart" in the South, just know they are politely calling you a fucking idiot.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Just booked my trip to Iceland this winter! Can't wait.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Just booked my trip to Iceland this winter! Can't wait.
    Wow airlines special?

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Wife and I had Wingstop tonight. Has the Louisiana Rub and Garlic Parm. Former great. Latter, not so much. Cajun fries were great too. Def better than Bdubs, not better than local place that smokes wings. Would def go again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just to listen to an amazing message left at work. Guy called us asking why we weren't here because he needs us to take care of him and to call him back right away. It was 6 pm on a day we aren't open at all and we close at 4 pm on the days we are.

Lights off, door looked, closed sign with our hours on it on the door hell pretty much the entire business complex is closed by then and gate is even usually locked... and this genius decides to look us up just for our number not bothering to see the hours to demand we come in. Normally I'd call something like this a fail but this goes so far I can't help but laugh at this guy especially since we aren't calling him back lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

With football back I decided to get cable back on. Ordered new TV service from Comcast, they offered free installation which I declined because I've had Comcast before and just had to attach cables to get it going.

Not so fast, apparently the cabling in the living room is so old that it's incompatible with the newest X1 set top boxes. Oh well, called tech support and had them set up a technician install after all. Then they said because this was going to be to correct a failed self installation that I had to pay $60. AWWW HELLLL NAW. I told them they were gonna waive that fee or I was gonna cancel because that is goddamn bullshit. I had to go through a couple of loss prevention people before I got them to agree. I probably could have squeezed more out of them but I honestly just wanted the free install because the charge was insulting on principle. Anyways free installation this Saturday yeah buddy.

Yeah, I'd say TV standards have changed enough within the past 3 or so years that if your cabling is older than that, it's probably better to get the installs. Luckily they waived you through the fee.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not sure if it's a win because I don't know what I want to do yet. VP starts texting me yesterday asking if I'm around the office because he wants to talk. They are offering me a director position maintaining all of our dispatch operations in 5 states. We've never had this position before and I've been doing it on the interim basis while acting as the project manager for our operating system conversion. So I've gotten the chance to see just how fucked up it is.

If I turn it down I'm basically an ops manager for the rest of my time there. If I accept, this moves me one slot away from a VP position. And we haven't even sat and discussed the financial side of things. So who the fuck knows what today is going to bring.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    With football back I decided to get cable back on. Ordered new TV service from Comcast, they offered free installation which I declined because I've had Comcast before and just had to attach cables to get it going.

Not so fast, apparently the cabling in the living room is so old that it's incompatible with the newest X1 set top boxes. Oh well, called tech support and had them set up a technician install after all. Then they said because this was going to be to correct a failed self installation that I had to pay $60. AWWW HELLLL NAW. I told them they were gonna waive that fee or I was gonna cancel because that is goddamn bullshit. I had to go through a couple of loss prevention people before I got them to agree. I probably could have squeezed more out of them but I honestly just wanted the free install because the charge was insulting on principle. Anyways free installation this Saturday yeah buddy.
    see, with our company, a failed self-install is free because hey, at least you tried. we'd rather you try and fail than not try at all; self installs are great for us because sending out techs is fucking expensive, and you still end up with our service.

BG Level

Random Win IRL Fuck Ya Thread: BG moved out of the basement and got jobs.

Bought an amazon echo. Gimme a rundown of all the cool shit I can do with it BG. Trying to modernize the home along with the new tv and such.

EDIT: oh and I picked up the Sony Bravia OLED archi recommended at 65". Was able to swipe it up for 3299 on sale. Shit goes for like 5k supposedly lol. Fuck that!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Bought an amazon echo. Gimme a rundown of all the cool shit I can do with it BG. Trying to modernize the home along with the new tv and such.

EDIT: oh and I picked up the Sony Bravia OLED archi recommended at 65". Was able to swipe it up for 3299 on sale. Shit goes for like 5k supposedly lol. Fuck that!
    hell yes, lets take this home automation journey together.

Right now I use mine for a commute recommendation when I'm heading out the door, to control the thermostat (which i can do from my phone anyway), as an intercom with the echo dot downstairs, and to play music when im cleaning or doing other mundane shit around the house.

This fall I'm planning to get a ring doorbell pro and an echo show for my home office so I can tell Alexa to show me the front door while I am pwning noobs in Overwatch. How fucking tight is that? After that a Roomba or whatever the best affordable vacuum that can talk to Alexa. Fam I cannot wait to tell Alexa to vacuum my house.

Eventually I'll do some smart plugs in the den for voice controlled lamps and maybe in the master. Since most of the lighting in my home is lamps i'd rather spring for smart plugs than bulbs.

Some resources
    Amazon Smart Home shop https://smile.amazon.com/alexa-smart...exa-smart-home
    Reddit Home Automation https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/
    echo subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/

The Anti Miz

BG Level

regarding TV control the only use I've gotten is telling Alexa to switch from like Netflix to Hulu or something. Volume and playback control still way more precise via remote.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As yeah check into hotel and they give us a corner room on 24th floor so great view and bay windows along the entire corner. And higher up then any of the immediate buildings

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    hell yes, lets take this home automation journey together.

Right now I use mine for a commute recommendation when I'm heading out the door, to control the thermostat (which i can do from my phone anyway), as an intercom with the echo dot downstairs, and to play music when im cleaning or doing other mundane shit around the house.

This fall I'm planning to get a ring doorbell pro and an echo show for my home office so I can tell Alexa to show me the front door while I am pwning noobs in Overwatch. How fucking tight is that? After that a Roomba or whatever the best affordable vacuum that can talk to Alexa. Fam I cannot wait to tell Alexa to vacuum my house.

Eventually I'll do some smart plugs in the den for voice controlled lamps and maybe in the master. Since most of the lighting in my home is lamps i'd rather spring for smart plugs than bulbs.

Some resources
    Amazon Smart Home shop https://smile.amazon.com/alexa-smart...exa-smart-home
    Reddit Home Automation https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/
    echo subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/
    This is why I keep coming to BG. All this sounds tight as fuck!

Next on my todo list is to get a Nest Learning Thermostat. Gonna hit up the MGM Tuesday night, shouldn't take no more than an hour or one good hand of NLHE for suckas to fund it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Most likely buying my "feasible" dream car tomorrow. (i.e. not a Lamborghini)

The Anti Miz

BG Level

This is why I keep coming to BG. All this sounds tight as fuck!

Next on my todo list is to get a Nest Learning Thermostat. Gonna hit up the MGM Tuesday night, shouldn't take no more than an hour or one good hand of NLHE for suckas to fund it.
    hell yea fam, wifi thermostat is the fucking shit. So nice to be able to adjust or turn off from wherever you are in the damn world.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i dont have any of that wifi enabled stuff so i mostly just use alexa for music, timers, random questions, etc. We have two Dots; one in the game room, one in the kitchen.

HIGHLY recommend having one in the kitchen. it's fucking amazeballs. Pour pasta in pot, stir, say "Alexa, set a timer for seven minutes." BOOM FUCKIN DONE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post

HIGHLY recommend having one in the kitchen. it's fucking amazeballs. Pour pasta in pot, stir, say "Alexa, set a timer for seven minutes." BOOM FUCKIN DONE
    I'm sure that's fun but you can already do this with Siri...or set a timer on your oven...or microwave...or any battery operated timer? My parents reacted the same way when they got their Echo. Just amazed they can set timers. I find it highly amusing.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast