Closed Thread
Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So I don't normally post here, but two major wins have happened recently.

The first: If any of you remember my bitching in the fail thread, my mom (who I live with and help) has been in deep with a "boyfriend" scammer and recently gave all her nest egg to him....... Well turns out my mom was trolling I and the rest of the family to "get back" at us for treating her like she's a idiot. She didn't give him shit and hasn't done anything for him like we thought, like she did with the first scammer (thank god)

The second win...... This is hard to type because honestly, you guys have been my lifeline and only friends in my loneliness since I and my LS friends left FFXI.

But after months of soul searching and wrestling with my fears/doubts/unhappiness, I told my mom and by extension, finally admitted to myself.... that i'm transgendered.

The win is she took it millions of times better then I imagined, esp when it was so far left field for her and she accepts it, even though understandably she's still having adjustment issues. So now I can start working toward who I really am.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Good for you! Pride month no less. Go out and be you with all you've got! Plenty of us queer folk on the board for support if you need it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait so after acting like an idiot in order to get at you for treating her like she acted she pulls a I was only pretending to be retarded?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wait so after acting like an idiot in order to get at you for treating her like she acted she pulls a I was only pretending to be retarded?
    I guess lol, she..... is pretty passive aggressive, so from what she has told me, she wanted to see us overreact in order to get back at us for treating her like she is stupid.... I know, its stupid lol, i'm just relieved she didn't go full retard and hand over her life savings like she did with the first scammer she dated.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Good for you! Pride month no less. Go out and be you with all you've got! Plenty of us queer folk on the board for support if you need it.
    Thank you very much! This made my day today! Going to pick up some things at Walmart later and continue the never ending battle against my body hair (feels like it anyway lol).

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Thank you very much! This made my day today! Going to pick up some things at Walmart later and continue the never ending battle against my body hair (feels like it anyway lol).
    I'm a straight guy and I feel the same sometimes and I know it could be a lot worse. I decided to shave off my beard today and tomorrow am going to take the double edge to my face for the first time in three years. I'm unfortunately prone to ingrown hairs on my neck. If anyone has tips on that let a guy know!

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

stop shaving. use a clipper, keep things at a shadow if you insist on no beard. or just grow a beard. my only suggestions.

@robert i can imagine how difficult that much have been. glad you're being honest with yourself. i hope this continues to be a positive experience for you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    stop shaving. use a clipper, keep things at a shadow if you insist on no beard. or just grow a beard. my only suggestions.

Keeping it clipped ends up being more work for me. And anything past 4-6 days of growth (less when it's warm out) it itches insufferably. And no amount of washing, oils, or letting it grow put fixes it despite everyone insisting it does

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

So I don't normally post here, but two major wins have happened recently.

The first: If any of you remember my bitching in the fail thread, my mom (who I live with and help) has been in deep with a "boyfriend" scammer and recently gave all her nest egg to him....... Well turns out my mom was trolling I and the rest of the family to "get back" at us for treating her like she's a idiot. She didn't give him shit and hasn't done anything for him like we thought, like she did with the first scammer (thank god)

The second win...... This is hard to type because honestly, you guys have been my lifeline and only friends in my loneliness since I and my LS friends left FFXI.

But after months of soul searching and wrestling with my fears/doubts/unhappiness, I told my mom and by extension, finally admitted to myself.... that i'm transgendered.

The win is she took it millions of times better then I imagined, esp when it was so far left field for her and she accepts it, even though understandably she's still having adjustment issues. So now I can start working toward who I really am.
    fucking kuddos! I'm glad you're at peace with yourself enough to come out to your moms, and i'm glad as fuck she wasnt a twat about it. I hope things go well for you as you continue on this path.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Bought a 2015 Honda Civic today from the dealership I work at and the mileage was actually recorded on the paperwork and sticker as 10k more than it was, so ended up in our favor after they made the deal.

I’m really happy to have my own car again.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

congrats on being an independent woman who dont need no man again

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That battle is rough tho the worst is facial hair. Got an at home laser removal machine. Would recommend.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    congrats on being an independent woman who dont need no man again
    I don’t know if we’d go that far lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Timed my resignation at my old job pretty well, got two full salary paychecks this week one from old job one from new.

Wife already claimed it though but it's still nice.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Timed my resignation at my old job pretty well, got two full salary paychecks this week one from old job one from new.
    impressive win here

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

missed Dessa's last show with the MN Orchestra. just found out she has another couple of shows in October, and tickets are still available.

fuck. yes. this is going to be so fucking good.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Win: Friend of mine is selling me a 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT for 500 bucks. Super nice car, pimped out.

Fail: Car needs a new catalytic converter.

Win: I called and got a quote today for the repair that was way lower than anywhere my friend previously called.

Fail: My old car shit the bed and now I gotta get rides to and from work until my new car is ready. Fuckin tie-rod went I think. The front right tire is no longer aligned with the rest of the steering. The one wheel just kinda turns whichever way it wants.

They quoted me kinda high for the part, but the labor was way lower than expected.

My friend said he got quoted 700-800 for the part and 1600 for labor.

The guy I talked to today quoted me 1000 for the part (worse case scenario if an aftermarket isn't available and he has to get the part from the dealer) and only 200 bucks for labor.

Gonna end up with a newish pimped out car for less than 2000 bucks.

My old car is at the point where I am going to need to put a shit ton of money into it to get it to pass inspection, so I'd much rather put that money into this car, since all it needs to pass inspection is this repair.

Pretty excited, picking up the keys/title and getting it towed to the shop tomorrow, hoping to have it done and on the road by the time I get paid next in two weeks.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Win: Friend of mine is selling me a 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT for 500 bucks. Super nice car, pimped out.

Fail: Car needs a new catalytic converter.

Win: I called and got a quote today for the repair that was way lower than anywhere my friend previously called.

Fail: My old car shit the bed and now I gotta get rides to and from work until my new car is ready. Fuckin tie-rod went I think. The front right tire is no longer aligned with the rest of the steering. The one wheel just kinda turns whichever way it wants.

They quoted me kinda high for the part, but the labor was way lower than expected.

My friend said he got quoted 700-800 for the part and 1600 for labor.

The guy I talked to today quoted me 1000 for the part (worse case scenario if an aftermarket isn't available and he has to get the part from the dealer) and only 200 bucks for labor.

Gonna end up with a newish pimped out car for less than 2000 bucks.

My old car is at the point where I am going to need to put a shit ton of money into it to get it to pass inspection, so I'd much rather put that money into this car, since all it needs to pass inspection is this repair.

Pretty excited, picking up the keys/title and getting it towed to the shop tomorrow, hoping to have it done and on the road by the time I get paid next in two weeks.
    are you an old man with cursed frogurt because that's the vibe I'm getting here

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lol no, 35 year old pothead... 420 blaze it up...

Not sure why you would get that from what I wrote.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

it's the fail/win/fail/win, reminded me of (23 seconds in):

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast