Closed Thread
Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Speaking of, the thai navy seals showed up for this. Much props. Great respect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

People asked him to try to help. He tried to help. I'm not sure wtf is wrong with any of this. How the actual fuck does this make him a narcissist?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Random Win IRL Fuck Ya Thread: BG moved out of the basement and got jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    People asked him to try to help. He tried to help. I'm not sure wtf is wrong with any of this. How the actual fuck does this make him a narcissist?
    This.

Dude was bombarded with requests to get involved. The situation was grave and the guy brought something that may or may not help those already on the ground. Was he supposed to be like “lul fuck the Thai divers, here’s my own personal set of divers I just hired 20 minutes ago.”

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wouldn't say this particular instance was overly narcissistic. But he is a narcissist.

Ideally he'd know that the experts and divers have it covered and refrain from even hinting he has something up his sleeve that will be helpful. He got caught up in the whirl of twitterati nonsense.

Now we could give credit to the US companies that provided data to help map these caves and chambers, both before finding the boys and after when planning their rescue options.. but that's not sexy and ridiculous like tweeting at Musk about this.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I don't doubt he's a narcissist but I think in this case that's it's fairly irrelevant. I agree with the rest of your points.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Who the heck are these "people asked him to help"? When Elon's team got there they told them they didn't need the help lol.

People on the internet ask him to do lots of shit every day. He doesn't have to get involved in every project, especially if his involvement amounts to nothing, like it did here. I'm judging him because it was a clear pr stunt. Maybe the next cave excursion will see him be more relevant, but dude was a non story here. I actually feel bad for still talking about him when the heroes are from a nation half a globe away. His stupid child torpedo device looks like garbage anyways.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

that depends entirely on how you're using the word narcissist. if you're using it to mean "he has narcissistic personality disorder on the down-low" then you're wrong. if you're using it to mean "he has some narcissistic traits" then so do fucking most people. he's got a huge ego and likes to flex on people. that does not a narcissist make.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Who the heck are these "people asked him to help"? When Elon's team got there they told them they didn't need the help lol.

People on the internet ask him to do lots of shit every day. He doesn't have to get involved in every project, especially if his involvement amounts to nothing, like it did here. I'm judging him because it was a clear pr stunt. Maybe the next cave excursion will see him be more relevant, but dude was a non story here. I actually feel bad for still talking about him when the heroes are from a nation half a globe away. His stupid child torpedo device looks like garbage anyways.

It sounds like you jelly and you hate him.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Why not both?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I don’t twitter, but I’ve seen at least three different articles asking/discussing Elon Musk about this situation on how he can/should help.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Those people are as dumb as the rigid child torpedo he prototyped to squeeze a child thru an underwater U-shaped passage only 15 inches in diameter.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

wheres your torpedo prototype?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They asked someone rich in influential who owns a tech company to help. How is that dumb?

Just because his prototype didn't work doesn't mean shit.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You're right. It wasn't dumb to ask for help. Elon and crew simply illustrated why we shouldn't rely on the biggest tech guru we know to solve all our problems. Sometimes, all we need is elbow grease and some Thai Navy Seals.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

He's trying to help solve a problem while we sit here and armchair quarterback. No one is relying on him to solve all our problems. What the fuck are you even talking about now?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

This is a dumb conversation, guys.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yes. It is.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

they're a tech company. of course theyre gonna try gadgets. thats their thing. what, you think he's gonna say "okay, i'll help. let me just train a bunch of dudes how to cave-dive."

fuckin why ask him for help when you could ask someone who's already trained people how to cave dive. asking musk to help is saying "hey can your engineers think of any gadgets that might do the thing we need to do?" you don't walk into a bakery and ask them to help you with your car trouble, then get upset when they hand you a phone and a cupcake.

i get that you don't like the 'playboy billionaire' thing he's got going on. that's fine. but trying to help is trying to help. don't shit on it because of your own mental hangups.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Idk, maybe I just forgot to wash the sand out of my pants. Forgive me.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    they're a tech company. of course theyre gonna try gadgets. thats their thing. what, you think he's gonna say "okay, i'll help. let me just train a bunch of dudes how to cave-dive."

fuckin why ask him for help when you could ask someone who's already trained people how to cave dive. asking musk to help is saying "hey can your engineers think of any gadgets that might do the thing we need to do?" you don't walk into a bakery and ask them to help you with your car trouble, then get upset when they hand you a phone and a cupcake.

i get that you don't like the 'playboy billionaire' thing he's got going on. that's fine. but trying to help is trying to help. don't shit on it because of your own mental hangups.
    Maybe I hold Elon's, I'm assuming, highly educated and paid engineers tasked with solving problems to a higher standard than I would a cake person I asked to change my cars oil. But I concede that that's my biases creeping in. Maybe I assumed they were building this obviously useless prototype to help with this specific rescue, and not just adding it to the list of options available for future rescue operations.

Cause real talk, they did nothing here lol.

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast