Closed Thread
Page 69 of 158 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Submitted my resume’ a few weeks ago for a supervisory position in a certain 3 letter agency trump hates. Got an email this morning that’s it’s been forwarded and moved on to the next phase. The process on average takes fucking forever, 6-12 months, but I’m still excited nonetheless.

Wish me luck BG!
    Yeah. Go audit his ass when you get that IRS job.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Might actually get to do an onsite visit at Google offices in NYC! Being talked about now by upper management.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Might actually get to do an onsite visit at Google offices in NYC! Being talked about now by upper management.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yea I'm pretty stoked, I'll get to meet the contacts I do work for every day, and bring my work laptop with me and show them how the sausage is made haha

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Had a jar full of coins at home that we haven't cashed in in forever since our old bank got rid of the coin machine and those coinstar machines charge like 10%. It's got an electronic lid that counts coins you put in so I knew I had at least $77 in it so we said fuck it let's cash it and take the hit.

Apparently if you use the coins for an Amazon gift card there's no fee, and it ended up being $108! Got myself a new Wahl peanut trimmer so I can stop spending $25-$30 a month at the barber so it's time to learn how to cut my own hair lol. Also got an overpriced meat Thermometer because I'm a sucker for high ratings.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    This is a weird thing.

My father in law also started smoking while he was in treatment and my wife and I got him some edible pb cups. He had some good comments about my MiL and SiL playing Munchkins (the card game) with my wife and I. Including "this game is supposed to be for kids, but you two can't even figure it out."
    tbf Munchkin is weird and can get kind of complicated. But part of what makes it great

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Don't get to share this for another week with family, but I've been holding this in for about 2 months now.

Wife is pregnant with our first. Had our second ultrasound on Tuesday and everything looks good. Blood work came back low chance of birth defect, and our blood work is clear of the genetic shit they can test for. Super excited about it. Supposed to meet my dad and his wife for lunch or dinner next weekend to tell them.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Don't get to share this for another week with family, but I've been holding this in for about 2 months now.

Wife is pregnant with our first. Had our second ultrasound on Tuesday and everything looks good. Blood work came back low chance of birth defect, and our blood work is clear of the genetic shit they can test for. Super excited about it. Supposed to meet my dad and his wife for lunch or dinner next weekend to tell them.
    Good luck brother hope it goes smoothly

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Random Win IRL Fuck Ya Thread: BG moved out of the basement and got jobs.

Congratulations bro!

Hope the pregnancy continues smoothly. Know the gender yet? I forget which week you can find out lol.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Congratulations bro!

Hope the pregnancy continues smoothly. Know the gender yet?
    Not yet. Wife wants to wait for the next ultrasound in 4 weeks rather than do the test through bloodwork.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Dude I literally have the gender envelope for ours sitting in my computer room and we haven't opened it yet. Think we're gonna wait till the baby shower and do some type of reveal shit with eveeyone. Maybe hand the envelope off to some Baker or something.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Dude I literally have the gender envelope for ours sitting in my computer room and we haven't opened it yet. Think we're gonna wait till the baby shower and do some type of reveal shit with eveeyone. Maybe hand the envelope off to some Baker or something.
    I had asked her if she wanted to do a gender reveal thing, but she wants to keep it private from everyone else until the baby's born or at least until after the shower so that we don't get a bunch of pink shit if it's a girl. I said we were missing an opportunity for her friend, a trained pastry chef that makes wedding cakes and owns her own bakery, to make us some delicious things.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I had asked her if she wanted to do a gender reveal thing, but she wants to keep it private from everyone else until the baby's born or at least until after the shower so that we don't get a bunch of pink shit if it's a girl. I said we were missing an opportunity for her friend, a trained pastry chef that makes wedding cakes and owns her own bakery, to make us some delicious things.
    Ha, my niece is a trained chef that makes crazy fucking cakes.

So we were advised by a professor of mine to not tell anyone the gender until the shower that way we get gender neutral gifts so we can reuse them for the next child. Everyone will find out at the shower, we would like to hold out that long too.

If everyone got us blue and next one is a girl we need to buy all the shit ourselves cause we won't be having another shower. If everything is green grey and yellow we're set.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Congratulations! It is so weird sitting on the other side of it thinking I will probably never go through that again. With our first I put the ultrasound in an envelope and put it on the seat of my truck so my mom had to pick it up when I picked her up from the airport for one of her visits. For our second I put the ultrasound in a birthday card for her.

My son is in 1st grade now!

Edit: The gender color shit is weird! Blue can be for girls. Also my oldest sons favorite colors are pink and purple. We painted his room purple. (The colors actually swapped it used to be pink for boys and blue for girls.)

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Amazing patience lol. The lady who did our ultrasound when it was time to find out asked if we wanted to keep it a secret and put the information in a sealed envelope.

We both said fuck that!

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

man ya'll need to do some networking and get the ultimate kids from BG gil farming ring going. THINK OF THE MONEY TO BE MADE.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Amazing patience lol. The lady who did our ultrasound when it was time to find out asked if we wanted to keep it a secret and put the information in a sealed envelope.

We both said fuck that!
    I'm fairly certain we know what it is anyway. She stayed away from the pelvic and genitalia as much as she could but we're both in the medical field so we have an idea. I'm going to be super happy either way, will just have to have a few more if it comes down to it lmao.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

We want gender neutral gifts for the same reason. Wife said she wants the second year within two years of the first being born.

Zero money to be made on gil farming.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm fairly certain we know what it is anyway. She stayed away from the pelvic and genitalia as much as she could but we're both in the medical field so we have an idea. I'm going to be super happy either way, will just have to have a few more if it comes down to it lmao.
    I want a boy just because the last three generations of my wife's family has been all women. Need a boy in the mix.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Gotta have a boy, but if I have a girl or two I know they'll be cute as fuck so I won't be mad. Sorry wifey if it takes a while before that boy pops out lol.