Closed Thread
Page 81 of 158 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    What you say makes sense, but society tried really hard to raise me to care about stupid shit like lab grown vs natural. It's hard to let go yo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Recently, my brother married (again). Wedding was scheduled to take place about a month after his return from Afghanistan and right before being deployed, he was quite set on using the money he'd earn to pay off his loan.
    When push came to shove, the small gathering with the closest friends turned into yet another feast with people of whom I knew barely anyone at all (in addition to that, he also bought a new car, but that's not quite the point).

The point is, don't reduce your wedding to whatever's stuck on your wife's finger. If you're going to commit to a lifelong engagement, prove that you're ready by doing what's financially responsible instead of trying to force a single day to turn into the most special day of you and your wife's life. Seen people try that, didn't work out by the time they got divorced. Not saying you should be a cheapskate about it, but at least do what's affordable and put whatever thoughts you can into it instead of just pouring more money on it and turning your first few months after the fact into a lovely bundle of stress, if not years.

Edit: Come to think of it, if she throws a fit about any of that, congratulations on having dodged a bullet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Dated a jeweler for several years. If you can get stuff at/near wholesale, it's not bad at all. Met several of the wholesalers, and the sheer amount/quality/variety of what they had was simply outrageous. Stuff made for charity auctions easily goes for several times what it actually costs to make.

If you know the jeweler really well, they probably have a collection of "scrap" stones you could use for smaller stuff like earrings/necklaces. My SO at the time made a pair of earrings for my mother out of sapphires and diamonds and only paid for the setting.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yeah, the stuff that is right above industrial grade or simply below their "standard" that comes in off of trade-ins and purchases. They actually had some dope opals in there that I may go back and peek at. Would look awesome in a nice long drop necklace.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

TBH we had a bag that had amethyst, diamond, emerald, sapphire, topaz, etc scraps in it in the apartment. It was easily worth more than the apartment. I will say though, opal is super easy to come by a good piece. Don't pay too much for it.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

oh it was super cheap. probably spend more on the chain than the stone.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    So do those websites offer warranties on diamonds on their rings and can you send your rings in to get cleaned and or serviced? It’s pretty common for the in person shops to offer those services for free.

A lot of people I know purchased a large center stone or diamond for their rings online then went to an in person store (like Jared) and purchased the band (and any additional smaller diamonds that are placed in it) from them. The main diamond isn’t ensured but those are the ones that are the most secured. All the other stuff is under 100% warranty provided you check in for an inspection twice a year. Considering how common it is for stones to go loose I feel like it’s pretty good insurance in the long run.
    Online places like bluenile offer better coverage by a significant margin over brick and mortar stores.

Damage loss theft missing stones etc all covered at lower cost. Don't need inspections ever and cleaning you can do yourself in 2 minutes.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

My wife's ring (from a downtown Los Angeles jewelry district shop) came with free cleanings and small stone replacement, which was nice because it lost two small stones in the first 6 months. None since (today is our 6 year anniversary).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Was holding my 7 week old son, he farts mad loud, looks at me with a straight ass face...then farts again with a smile. LOL

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Was holding my 7 week old son, he farts mad loud, looks at me with a straight ass face...then farts again with a smile. LOL
    Why do I get the feeling you’re one of those parents who post every little thing as a status update on Facebook lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dude's just being excited about having his first son.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Wont lie, xno slowly turning into a dad before our eyes is pretty cute.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Not trying to be rude here but similar concept as before. A fairly straightforward rule is to never, for any reason, for anything, for anyone, co-sign a loan. If you wouldn't do it yourself, don't let someone else do it for you, basically. Are you in such a position that a, generally, luxury vehicle is a necessity?
    Yeah speaking in absolutes is a sure way to miss the mark. Shit is more complicated than that and I am not worried about it.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Dude's just being excited about having his first son.
    Oh I know I was just giving him a hard time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Wont lie, xno slowly turning into a dad before our eyes is pretty cute.

I can’t argue that either it is kind of cute.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

so ive been slowly filling in gaps in my fiancees cultural education. she's seen rogue one (liked it), episodes 4, 5, 6 (ambivalent/disinterested) and now, as of last night, episodes 1 and 2.

1 annoyed her, though she liked the score the best of all of them so far. 2 made her angry. she fucking hates it with a fiery passion worthy of the greatest star wars nerds. it's wonderful.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    so ive been slowly filling in gaps in my fiancees cultural education. she's seen rogue one (liked it), episodes 4, 5, 6 (ambivalent/disinterested) and now, as of last night, episodes 1 and 2.

1 annoyed her, though she liked the score the best of all of them so far. 2 made her angry. she fucking hates it with a fiery passion worthy of the greatest star wars nerds. it's wonderful.
    2 really is terrible. I tried rewatching recently just to laugh at it and couldn't make it through 20 minutes. 1 at least is funny bad

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I saw 2 and it was so bad that to date I have not seen 3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I still have yet to sit down and watch the entire thing of any of the 3 prequels

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

The prequels are all awful , the third being the absolute worst of the worst lol.

BG Level

slow your roll son. the third is so bad it's good, it's pure trash soap opera. the first two are just boring as balls.

if you can't see the enjoyment to be had from drunkenly quoting this to your friends for years you've lost your way in life

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

But Anakin... I have the *cough* high... uhhhh.....