Closed Thread
Page 97 of 158 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Went to the annual company Christmas party Friday night. Nothing fancy, but there's an open bar and a door prize for everyone. Normally I pull the card from the hat, walk to the prize table to match it to something, and see that I've won the generic $50 gift card. This year I volunteered the wife to pick before she could say no. Wandered to the table to see what we got....PS4 Pro, the Red Dead Redemption II version. NICE.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Awesome.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post
    Went to the annual company Christmas party Friday night. Nothing fancy, but there's an open bar and a door prize for everyone. Normally I pull the card from the hat, walk to the prize table to match it to something, and see that I've won the generic $50 gift card. This year I volunteered the wife to pick before she could say no. Wandered to the table to see what we got....PS4 Pro, the Red Dead Redemption II version. NICE.
    That is baller dude. You owe your wife big time for that one.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Was offered an incredible position as an out of state independent insurance agent. Had to turn down position because I can't see selling personal auto and home insurance to people across the country without having a local presence. There are other factors as well. Basically it boils down to a huge risk that right now cannot be taken.

Today went to boss and fully aired all grievances and basically said fix the shit or I'm out. Might sound crazy to do but he's basically in a position where he can't lose two employees at the same time. We had a great talk and it gives me hope. The biggest thing we talked about was how his employee of 18 years is a cancer and needs to be removed. I told him I'm done with her shit and will not deal with it anymore. He said my coworker went to him last week and said the same thing and he will handle it. Here is to hoping.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Go to wine tastings over the weekend. Show up to at like 2-2:30ish but friends with people there and next thing I remember it's 5 and they winding down and finessing off all the open bottles into our glasses until they close

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Was offered an incredible position as an out of state independent insurance agent. Had to turn down position because I can't see selling personal auto and home insurance to people across the country without having a local presence. There are other factors as well. Basically it boils down to a huge risk that right now cannot be taken.

Today went to boss and fully aired all grievances and basically said fix the shit or I'm out. Might sound crazy to do but he's basically in a position where he can't lose two employees at the same time. We had a great talk and it gives me hope. The biggest thing we talked about was how his employee of 18 years is a cancer and needs to be removed. I told him I'm done with her shit and will not deal with it anymore. He said my coworker went to him last week and said the same thing and he will handle it. Here is to hoping.
    Good luck but I can think of a lot of great talks with bosses that amounted to absolutely nothing. Hopefully your case is different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Good luck but I can think of a lot of great talks with bosses that amounted to absolutely nothing. Hopefully your case is different.

I want to echo this so much. The reason being especially in your situation is that over and over you post about how bad things are and when an opportunity comes up that might be new you are running from it rather than trying to figure out a way to make it happen. Change isn’t easy in any aspect of our lives but you are kidding yourself if you think some talk is going to change things when the track record had amounted to absolute shit.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Found out that I am going to have one of my photographs published in an upcoming issue of Civil Engineering the magazine of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). Exciting stuff.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Found out that I am going to have one of my photographs published in an upcoming issue of Civil Engineering the magazine of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). Exciting stuff.
    Oh shit, we get that mag floating around our office kitchen. I'll have to look through the next issue!

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post

I hear ya. I'm a glass half full type and overly optimistic to a fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I want to echo this so much. The reason being especially in your situation is that over and over you post about how bad things are and when an opportunity comes up that might be new you are running from it rather than trying to figure out a way to make it happen. Change isn’t easy in any aspect of our lives but you are kidding yourself if you think some talk is going to change things when the track record had amounted to absolute shit.
    While I agree, this latest offer is way too much risk. If my wife was already working as a RN then absolutely I'd of taken it. I've actually stopped hating insurance and have embraced the idea of becoming a leader in helping people understand it and show them the value of it rather than it's another bill. Because it's an intangible product that for the most part people hate it and have maybe a 5% understanding of how insurance in general actually works it makes it extremely difficult to do over the phone. I literally just now, today at 4:40 pm had a lady call and cancel because we're just too much but she was practically in tears because she loves our office and how we treat her. While it sucks to lose people that's a huge compliment and great feeling. That's a customer who's come into our office for years and has interacted with all of us. I can't think of how to do that on a consistent monthly basis 2000 miles away without a local presence.

There is a lot more to discuss but it more than likely is best served as a blog post which I can do if requested. Been thinking of doing it anyways because I have a lot of ideas and things on my mind about my industry and my role. I've always been up for constructive criticism and how I may see things one way but another can point out something different and make a huge impact.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Circumstances do matter and it’s tough when you have to consider the big picture not just your position so I get it. Nursing is rough and I commend anyone who does it as well.
    Please don’t mistake my tone for being unempathetic to the situation, quite the opposite actually, I just don’t want you to put yourself in a position where your hand is forced without a plan.
    I think you should keep options open but I personally wouldn’t have tipped my boss off I was seeking other opportunities more than anything.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Oh shit, we get that mag floating around our office kitchen. I'll have to look through the next issue!
    Once it is published I will come back here and post which article it is. :D I don't know which edition. They will be sending me a copy of the magazine in the mail though. Also I have a free calendar coming from Professional Engineers in California Government organization for some photos of mine they are using in the calendar.

I think photographing large engineering projects has been one of my favorite things to do.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

if you want to change how people see insurance, you need to get into the upper echelons where you can change policy, especially with health insurance and car insurance.

anyway i hope your boss finally gets off his ass.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post

INB4 you and your coworker get fired and she gets a raise.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fiber lines are getting put down on my road, pretty pumped. My DSL right now maxes out at 6 down/1 up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    INB4 you and your coworker get fired and she gets a raise.
    The sad part is this is a realistic possibility

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Fiber lines are getting put down on my road, pretty pumped. My DSL right now maxes out at 6 down/1 up.

Congrats! I know the feeling of being stuck on shitty internet. I can't even get DSL. I have satellite which is usually ~15 down and 5 up but at 750-800ms latency. Recently the cell tower near my house was upgraded to LTE now I can use the cell signal and get 20 down 5 up with 30ms latency. Feels good. Granted you getting fiber is going to be a huge step up from where I am but when you have nothing even a little bit feels nice.

BG Level

VACATION, MOTHERFUCKERS

i solemnly swear to do absolutely nothing constructive for the next 10 days.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Congrats! I know the feeling of being stuck on shitty internet. I can't even get DSL. I have satellite which is usually ~15 down and 5 up but at 750-800ms latency. Recently the cell tower near my house was upgraded to LTE now I can use the cell signal and get 20 down 5 up with 30ms latency. Feels good. Granted you getting fiber is going to be a huge step up from where I am but when you have nothing even a little bit feels nice.
    Before this I was just keeping my fingers crossed for those low orbit satellites Elon's putting up for some better speeds.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm gonna have to work my whole vacation. Not a lot of work but just enough to not be able to fully relax.