Closed Thread
Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 3159
  1. #21
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    24,698
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Also, we are about to get a tropical storm and I'm hyped. We need the rain and cooler temperature
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. #22
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,736
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I feel like a fucking teenager , getting drunk every night and hitting on guys and girls half my age. Fuck yeah. I may or may not be drunk posting.
    Or drunk texting?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  3. #23
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,229
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Or drunk texting?
    Already doing that to multiple people lol
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #24

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,502
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Years ago I was down in Dallas/FW at Microsoft's performance testing lab with a couple coworkers beating up on some shit software our company was fighting. Last night there, after we were done, our boss flew down and took us out to Trulucks for dinner. Damn if it wasn't one of the best dinner experiences ever, steaks and stone crab were amazing. I don't know if the Austin location is the same, or if they're as good years later, or if it was just the $1200 bar bill clouding my memory but I would suggest making a trip.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #25
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,104
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I feel like a fucking teenager , getting drunk every night and hitting on guys and girls half my age. Fuck yeah. I may or may not be drunk posting.
    Don't worry about it, just stay healthy and enjoy it as much as you can.

    Managed to take my first week off in about one and a half years myself and currently, I just enjoy getting slightly drunk on a daily basis and doing whatever the hell I want. Granted, I'm still coaching our trainee from here, but he seems to be holding up somehow. Either that or he's gotten better at hiding his failures; guess I'll find out on Monday.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #26
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,229
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    Don't worry about it, just stay healthy and enjoy it as much as you can.

    Managed to take my first week off in about one and a half years myself and currently, I just enjoy getting slightly drunk on a daily basis and doing whatever the hell I want. Granted, I'm still coaching our trainee from here, but he seems to be holding up somehow. Either that or he's gotten better at hiding his failures; guess I'll find out on Monday.
    I'm definitely living it up and enjoying it , even if my body reminds me in the morning I'm not as young as I think lol. But not one hangover , little dehydrated in the early hours but usually lifers by 10/11am here. It helps that everywhere I've gone has been so friendly and nice and have had no issues talking to or meeting people. It's been good for my self confidence too
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #27
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    24,698
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I'm definitely living it up and enjoying it , even if my body reminds me in the morning I'm not as young as I think lol. But not one hangover , little dehydrated in the early hours but usually lifers by 10/11am here. It helps that everywhere I've gone has been so friendly and nice and have had no issues talking to or meeting people. It's been good for my self confidence too
    Texan hospitality is not a myth.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #28
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,229
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Texan hospitality is not a myth.
    I seriously have been blown away at how much I've loved staying here. My headquarters is here and there's so much growth I wouldn't mind moving in a year or two.

    I'm so used to everyone being so guarded and angry in California where I'm greeted and smiled at constantly here and people actually want to be friendly. It's been a nice breath of fresh air but the humidity can bite me lol
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #29

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,173
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Get out before hurricane swings by and blows you away homie
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #30
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,229
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Get out before hurricane swings by and blows you away homie
    Haha we were talking about that earlier. I'm closer to Dallas/Plano and fly out tomorrow afternoon around 430CST so hopefully should be ok.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #31
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    29,865
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Texan hospitality is not a myth.
    I lived in San Antonio for two months and I fucking loved it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #32
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,736
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I'm so used to everyone being so guarded and angry in California where
    Fuck you I'm not angry you are!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #33
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,229
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Fuck you I'm not angry you are!
    I rest my case

    But really it's kind of a culture shock and not in the way I expected I admit. It's been really awesome on pretty much every level outside the humidity.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #34
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,736
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So not sure how but replacing my bike tire has made my ride a lot less bumpy lol. Which is weird because it started feeling that way after last crash so figured I'd just bent the wheel itself a little. Guy also greased the chain which somehow has made it move a lot more smoothly than it has in a year despite doing it myself a few times
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #35
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    24,698
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I lived in DFW for 8 years, and the humidity isn't half as bad as San Antonio. Fucking Houston is the worst.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #36
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,235
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I lived in DFW for 8 years, and the humidity isn't half as bad as San Antonio. Fucking Houston is the worst.
    Will second this. Was in DFW for 2 years, roughly the same heat as Houston in summer, but drastically less humidity. The hospitality thing is b/c you're a visitor. Living here you'll find a lot of it is actually kind of insulting.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  17. #37
    Burninate all the things.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,407
    BG Level
    7

    Grew up in DFW and left for New England for my undergrad. Ended up coming back for work and then grad school because it really is that great. Just stay in the cities. The passive-aggressive cowboy pleasantville nonsense becomes prevalent very quickly outside of the metropolitan areas. Even then at least people aren't ever mean to your face.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  18. #38
    Wesley Crusher 4 Lyfe!
    Skywalker's Severed Hand

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    718
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Psychodwarf Ironflute
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    My wife and I decided to list our house and find a place a little further outside the cities. First time home sellers, but still. Within a few hours of listing already had 2 people in a bidding war. Both above asking price.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  19. #39
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,012
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Grew up in DFW and left for New England for my undergrad. Ended up coming back for work and then grad school because it really is that great. Just stay in the cities. The passive-aggressive cowboy pleasantville nonsense becomes prevalent very quickly outside of the metropolitan areas. Even then at least people aren't ever mean to your face.
    This is my experience of Midwestern hospitality. They might talk pleasantly but knives come out as soon as you fail to conform to their expectations. One of the expectations is that you are white.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  20. #40

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,718
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    lol
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.


Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Random Win: The irl Fuck Ya thread
    By Ksandra in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9746
    Last Post: 2017-08-13, 12:25
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2011-09-30, 09:33
  3. BG Career: Getting out of the sticks
    By barber2006 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2011-08-12, 22:57
  4. Moving out of U.S. Halp plz
    By Iono in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2009-06-22, 11:11