Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 87 127 135 136 137
    Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I'll be in the nosebleeds. Doesn't matter. There for the ACOUSTICS and not the sights. Went back in 2011 @ UCLA Royce Hall. I don't think that will ever be beat because Dancing Mad on the Pipe Organ. I expect an excellent show regardless.
    Yea I picked up seats on the lower balconies, right center - I need that acoustic perfection.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally got to watch Sticks and Stones with a couple of bgers and drinks. Great time

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So I'm gonna chalk this up as a win because the fuckery happened so soon.

Told you bros I just moved 2 hours north and get to work from home.

Well half the reason I moved was because I started hanging out with this chick that lives up here.

Random win is today I found out she has been hanging out with her ex (who beat on her, slams her head into tables and shit) behind my back, after I overlooked all that craziness she was telling me about to begin with.

She packed up her shit and she's gone. The random win is I found out about a week in instead of 8 years.

I got a sweet place, get to work from home. Salary isn't great but I can afford this place on my own.

I just don't give a fuck man, good riddance. C'est la vie.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Peace of mind is really all I want from life and reading the post made me happy for you.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Peace of mind is really all I want from life and reading the post made me happy for you.
    Thanks man, yea it is a very freeing feeling to not have to rely on someone financially and just to be able to tell that person who clearly doesn't value you to get the fuck out of your life.

Sucks because she brought her nieces and nephews over here so I'm sure she will spin some awful story about me to them not wanting to be with her. Fuck it - that is accurate if she is gonna fuck around with her abusive ex boyfriend who she has a restraining order against. You can't fix stupid, people are going to do what they want to do. Pull the rip chord and eject man. I'm just too old to be fucking around with people who don't want something serious.

Just keep that shit in mind when she comes back, and she will.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Just keep that shit in mind when she comes back, and she will.
    Hard pass. Already talking to other women.

You get one shot with me, you fuck it up by cheating on me and we're done.

I am willing to work through most other things, not that.

I trust you until I can't, and then I won't ever again.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Good on you DJ. Have a great time at the new digs while creating the environment that's best for you and no one else. Say uh....you got anymore of those work from home jobs.......

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Good on you DJ. Have a great time at the new digs while creating the environment that's best for you and no one else. Say uh....you got anymore of those work from home jobs.......
    Haha both my company and my parent company allow it. My company you have to work in the office a few years and prove yourself but my parent company advertises straight up full remote positions.

Took me a little over two years to put myself in a position where I knew more than most other people that had been doing the same job for 30 years, at which point I asked to get it approved because of this girl in PA who ghosted me when she realized shit was getting real.

I hung out with this other chick that just GTFO my life previously and she was cool, but she was 2 hours away. so i didn't want a long term thing. So I met her recently like a week before I decided to move up here to be close to her and then shit explodes yesterday and now shes gone. I don't really care to be honest, she isn't the reason I moved up here really, I did so because its beautiful and I didn't want to squander the opportunity that I had to work from home, even if I did have to omit some facts to people at work to make it happen.

I just don't care that shes gone, I figured from the start it wasn't going to work out between us but when I saw this place at this price it didn't really matter to me what happened with her. Hope for the best prepare for the worst and shit isn't so bad when the storm comes.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Seriously though gonna follow up on this, I was debating going back to school using online classes to add a little future proofing to my life. With climate change and renewables, moving away from petroleum, I don't know where my job will be in 20 years. Also it would defer my student loans going back to school. I have an unfinished bachelor's due to landing my current position in the middle of it and I can't take on site classes because I do shift work with rotating weekends.

I was thinking about changing my course load into something computer related probably computer science. With a house and family I just don't see grad school on the table. Is this possible through real online Non-University of Phoenix programs? Are there any good schools out there for this or is it best to just use instate schools and take their online courses (Rutgers, Kean, Stockton, NJIT).

I would check where your current program is, and what can transfer if needed. A large amount of schools are moving to online classes. I did my last 50~ credits back in the day online when i saw i could. Best thing ever as far as time goes, as you can knock out weeks of the program in days. I remember the last two classes i had, I finished all the coursework in one weekend. Then i just had to post to the fourms a few times for the rest of the time.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So it happened sooner than I thought. Less than one day of being back with her abusive ex and she was texting me again.

No apology, no explanation, no nothing.

She just waves five times. Each time I look at the message and don't respond so she sends another.

(I check each message and ignore it)
    Then she says:
    "Talk"
    "Wow"
    "Proves you never really cared"

So after that message I'm like fuck this.. earlier in the day I was going through the stuff she left here and the stuff the tore me up was from her nieces and nephews. I actually hung up the pictures me and her 2 year old niece painted together because I figured that's the last memory I will have of her. So I went and took a picture of those hanging up and sent it to her, she didn't have anything to say after that. Just sent me the peace sign and blocked me again.

Even when she tried to get back with me she never apologizes, explained what happened, never offered any of that. She wanted me to explain like I had done something fucking wrong. Fucking hard pass.

Still chalking this up as a random win despite how attached I got to the kids.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Seriously though gonna follow up on this, I was debating going back to school using online classes to add a little future proofing to my life. With climate change and renewables, moving away from petroleum, I don't know where my job will be in 20 years. Also it would defer my student loans going back to school. I have an unfinished bachelor's due to landing my current position in the middle of it and I can't take on site classes because I do shift work with rotating weekends.

I was thinking about changing my course load into something computer related probably computer science. With a house and family I just don't see grad school on the table. Is this possible through real online Non-University of Phoenix programs? Are there any good schools out there for this or is it best to just use instate schools and take their online courses (Rutgers, Kean, Stockton, NJIT).
    Nothin wrong with University of Phoenix, last I heard. But I haven't heard in a few years.

but to answer your question, i'm not sure it matters overmuch which school you go to, beyond "not a degree farm." i just started a Cyber Information Security 2 year program that is entirely online. It's through one of the local community colleges, so I'm sure you can find a similar one. If you want, I can PM you the name of the school. I'm pretty sure they take out-of-state students. Otherwise, i know there's a lot of IT professionals on BG, so I'm sure one of them can give you more authoritative advice.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

@DJ
    Absolutely a win. Better now than having a ton of time invested.

I too am going to look into getting back into school but online only. I was a silly goose and started my schooling at Baker College and those credits do not transfer so I'll need to finish it there. They do offer a ton online so that is good. It will be something to look forward to for the start of next year.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So like, sometime after my son was born, I started having these random bouts of depression. It was rather frustrating because while I can say I had periods in my life where I was sad, I never felt depressed (if that makes any sense).

It started getting worse and worse, and it would be so fucking weird. I'd be fine for days on end and then out of no where depressed as shit. And when I say it got bad, I mean like really bad. As in I may not have been here today if it kept going the way it was.

My husband was the one that noticed that it was happening just before my period, so I started researching and found out about PMDD (severe menstrual depression). Talked to my doctor, and she put me on a low dosage of zoloft to see if it would help.

4-months later and zero issues now. To the point I have to start wearing pads just before my predicted start date because I no longer have any bodily clue my period is going to start.

It sucks that I developed this later in life, as I never had to go through this before. But I'm thankful it was able to be solved. And tbh it's somewhat of a comfort to know it was connected to a hormonal imbalance that I had no control of.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Nothin wrong with University of Phoenix, last I heard. But I haven't heard in a few years.

but to answer your question, i'm not sure it matters overmuch which school you go to, beyond "not a degree farm." i just started a Cyber Information Security 2 year program that is entirely online. It's through one of the local community colleges, so I'm sure you can find a similar one. If you want, I can PM you the name of the school. I'm pretty sure they take out-of-state students. Otherwise, i know there's a lot of IT professionals on BG, so I'm sure one of them can give you more authoritative advice.
    University of Phoenix is one of those for profit colleges that really care more about cramming you through then teaching you anything. A lot of companies see a for profit reference on your resume and they just toss it because the majority of people come out of it barely learning anything at all. I went to a private school that went for profit about six months after graduation (if I knew they were in talks about it, I would have noped the fuck out) and now just the AA I have is a joke, and none of the credits transfer now so if I wanted to go back to work on a bachelor's, I'd have to start at square one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Pregnancy is wiiiiild

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video