Closed Thread
Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got good workplace petty revenge. Got asked to do a task indirectly through a third party, third party didn't relay all necessary instructions from the first person, and I didn't do it as was asked. Got told I did it wrong and needed to do it again. Okay bitch, fine. Did it 2nd time as originally requested. Later got Taco Bell for lunch and then took a massive shit in the office bathroom (single seater) which is maybe 10 feet away from her office. Smoked her out good.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Well for anyone who reads the fail thread you probably saw my fail about my little medical adventure a couple weeks ago. Well the bills started rolling in for my little medical adventure that I posted about before. Pre-insurance: ER stay (couple hours) $10,000 Helicopter Ride to Hospital: $60,000 Not sure about the ambulance ride yet.

The win is that so far since I paid for a $65/year membership with CalStar the helicopter ride won't cost me anything beyond that. And insurance covered most of the ER stay so my portion is only approximately $3k

Hopefully the Ambulance ride didn't cost too much.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Should be anywhere from 500-2000 depending on ALS and municipal vs non as well as residency.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dropped cable finally. Even factoring in cost of using PS Vue instead, still an extra 80 bucks a month.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Dropped cable finally. Even factoring in cost of using PS Vue instead, still an extra 80 bucks a month.
    VUE GANG

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Things were hairy for a few minutes when I realized Vue in my area doesnt offer ABC, but can get ABC sports stuff (like college football today) thru WatchESPN with Vue as the provider.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've been thinking about cutting out TV for vue or something else. I love Fios internet but we barely use the tv other than for cops, chopped, Yankees, football, and ESPN.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Things were hairy for a few minutes when I realized Vue in my area doesnt offer ABC, but can get ABC sports stuff (like college football today) thru WatchESPN with Vue as the provider.
    Yea that's how I watched NBA Finals.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Should be anywhere from 500-2000 depending on ALS and municipal vs non as well as residency.
    Man I hope it is at the lower end of the spectrum. I can't complain too much since I don't have to worry about the $60k helicopter ride but at the same time $3k is already a heck of a lot of money for my wife and I. Specially since our second was born and she is working only part time and when she does work childcare for the youngest is $15/hr.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Man I hope it is at the lower end of the spectrum. I can't complain too much since I don't have to worry about the $60k helicopter ride but at the same time $3k is already a heck of a lot of money for my wife and I. Specially since our second was born and she is working only part time and when she does work childcare for the youngest is $15/hr.
    Every where is so entirely different.

My municipality for example is a base cost of 800-900 for an ambulance, with an additional charge per mile after a few. But it's run by the police department and paid for by tax dollars, so residents don't get a bill. The ALS unit however is privatized and their bill starts about 1500-2000 and that WILL go to collections if unpaid. Being transferred to another unit (medevac) also changes the cost a bit with everything since it's a transfer of care so every entity will fight over getting a portion of the insurance and then some may or may not come after you for the left over.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Every where is so entirely different.

My municipality for example is a base cost of 800-900 for an ambulance, with an additional charge per mile after a few. But it's run by the police department and paid for by tax dollars, so residents don't get a bill. The ALS unit however is privatized and their bill starts about 1500-2000 and that WILL go to collections if unpaid. Being transferred to another unit (medevac) also changes the cost a bit with everything since it's a transfer of care so every entity will fight over getting a portion of the insurance and then some may or may not come after you for the left over.
    Just got the bill. Not sure what insurance will cover but before insurance the bill for the ambulance ride is $3k.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, random win I didn't expect. After going through the small claims bit with a former employer for unpaid wages described in the random fail thread, I got a letter today of the company's defense it planned to submit to court. I had already gotten this as an email on Friday. It pretty much used a lot of generalized legal terms that didn't really make sense to me, but they made sure to include a request for all attorney and court fees to be paid if ruled against me. Made me pretty nervous about the whole situation and I planned on just filing for dismissal.

The letter that came today had an additional page though. They've offered a settlement of $1000 to write off the whole thing and close the matter. Pretty sure I'll be taking that since fighting it just isn't in the cards. The reasoning my friends are floating me is after the lawyer got involved, he prolly sat down the company and went over the claims and looked over the account records for the accounts I had subpoenaed before realizing I was right. Even though they had me in the corner with needing an attorney, they didn't want to risk it going to court and the evidence coming out. Glad it seems to be coming out in my favor even if it's not for the full amount owed. Went from -$150 from filing/subpoena/parking to being up $850.

Guess that's a plus. What sort of difference were you looking at in missed pay compared to the settlement?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    So, random win I didn't expect. After going through the small claims bit with a former employer for unpaid wages described in the random fail thread, I got a letter today of the company's defense it planned to submit to court. I had already gotten this as an email on Friday. It pretty much used a lot of generalized legal terms that didn't really make sense to me, but they made sure to include a request for all attorney and court fees to be paid if ruled against me. Made me pretty nervous about the whole situation and I planned on just filing for dismissal.

The letter that came today had an additional page though. They've offered a settlement of $1000 to write off the whole thing and close the matter. Pretty sure I'll be taking that since fighting it just isn't in the cards. The reasoning my friends are floating me is after the lawyer got involved, he prolly sat down the company and went over the claims and looked over the account records for the accounts I had subpoenaed before realizing I was right. Even though they had me in the corner with needing an attorney, they didn't want to risk it going to court and the evidence coming out. Glad it seems to be coming out in my favor even if it's not for the full amount owed. Went from -$150 from filing/subpoena/parking to being up $850.
    Yep, this was what you were looking for from the start. Take the money and run. Be aware they will probably make you sign a non-disclosure of some sort that you can't bad mouth the company or how it ended, so be prepared to swallow that when it comes.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Guess that's a plus. What sort of difference were you looking at in missed pay compared to the settlement?
    Difference of $1200~, missing wages/commissions/unpaid vacation totalled $2200ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Yep, this was what you were looking for from the start. Take the money and run. Be aware they will probably make you sign a non-disclosure of some sort that you can't bad mouth the company or how it ended, so be prepared to swallow that when it comes.
    Yep, that was actually stipulated in the letter. Specifically, it lists that the offer is made in accordance with evidence rule 408 (unable to use the offer as evidence for the case), and will require the execution of a written release of all claims with a confidentiality and non-disparagement provision (can't slander the company for anything brought up within this case, or maybe at all, finding different things online).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well better than nothing so that's nice. Not sure I'd be able to eat the NDA though or them lowballing a case they know they can't win. But I'm a stubborn and spiteful lol

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Tried two more Halo Top flavors today:

Candy Bar - Easy top 3 flavor. Tastes like a Snickers.

Mochi Green Tea - Too floral, has a weird rose smell/flavor overlaying the green tea. Shit's weird. Not really a fan but the mochi in the ice cream is p good.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Tried two more Halo Top flavors today:

Candy Bar - Easy top 3 flavor. Tastes like a Snickers.

Mochi Green Tea - Too floral, has a weird rose smell/flavor overlaying the green tea. Shit's weird. Not really a fan but the mochi in the ice cream is p good.
    Fucking bullshit that it's still nowhere to be found around in the Bay Area company is in fucking LA.
    On the upside I did try the Enlightened brand - Caramel oatmeal cookie and it's quite good. A little higher calorie and sugar content but still not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Difference of $1200~, missing wages/commissions/unpaid vacation totalled $2200ish.
    Sucks, but I guess we gotta figure how much a lawyer would eat into that and how long things might drag out. Still think the whole situation is hella shady, but that's not your fault.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Woke up to an amazing thunder storm. One of the loudest I've been in in over a decade. Only downside is was starting pouring rain too and no way I'm riding to work in that

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast