Closed Thread
Page 18 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    i hang with babies and whatnot sporadically and only really see them at their best. this is not, i know, a realistic picture of what fatherhood would be. but my soul still says "REEEEEEEEE" so i just tell it shut up we don't have money for a baby and anyway i wanna get married first. in the mean-time, i get to be an uncle. couple more years here and the kids will be old enough to actually talk with and man am i gonna be the best uncle.
    Going to Disneyland on a a regular basis I see the best and worst of kids and families in general - that’s all the birth control I need lol. I dislike many kids I admit but it’s typically more about the parents and how they choose to handle it in the brief time I pass by/see them. Also my history in retail with the absolute worst of people also probably plays into it. That said I’ve seen and met some absolutely amazing people and kids I adore in brief periods and have friends who have great kids too, it’s just not for me but sounds like you would be a great dad and uncle too.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I really think people forget it's their kids who are doing the dishes and cleaning the house if you train them right. There really is no downside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I dunno my husband has me trained pretty well for that stuff

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Or like a coworker of mine teach them to farm and fish for you on ffxi lol
    Parenting was so easy back then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

My office just won the annual pentagon flag football turkey bowl. Yours truly with a pick 6 and safety.

Watching my 18 year old nephew grow into a grade A asshole despite warnings to my sister of his behaviors over the years has more or less affirmed my desire to never procreate. Bonus points, he got his teen girlfriend preggo and they're due soon.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Watching my 18 year old nephew grow into a grade A asshole despite warnings to my sister of his behaviors over the years has more or less affirmed my desire to never procreate. Bonus points, he got his teen girlfriend preggo and they're due soon.
    Sending thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Sending thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    The thots are already there though

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    The thots are already there though
    lol

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Got a sweet deal on a roomba 890. My automated home is coming along nicely yo!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Successful Thanksgiving. I'm stuffed.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I made an amazing Turkey today. I roasted it for 12 hours.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Getting to sleep in while my friends who haven't escaped retail like I have have to get up to face the madness is incredible.

I like to hope that one of these years my mom would could a turkey that isn't dry, but it wasn't this one.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Had the best Thanksgiving I've had since my step-dad died. With a bunch of folks, endless praise (and full-to-hurt stomachs) for the dishes I provided (sauced apples and prime rib); got to explain what I do for a living, with retirement-age/retired doctors and lawyers all, "That's freaking amazing" kinds of reactions, followed with interested, intelligent questions. It was the first family gathering I've had in years where I've actually told folks what I do (mostly because my dad's side is of the "ROLE PLAYING GAMES ARE OF THE DEVIL AND IF YOU PLAY THEM YOU'RE EVIL AND HOW DARE YOU EVEN MENTION THEM IN FRONT OF MY CHILDREN [*unintelligible screeching*] type). Good conversation, even when it steeped political much common ground was found. And I chortled at the only millennial there, who was complaining about the dislike Boomers have for them (I share it as a Gen Xer), while proceeding to do literally all the conversational-behavioral thing that they are stereotyped and dislike for.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thanksgiving meal was perfect! Great day yesterday. Made me happy considering all the cooking I did. XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Coldstone just stopped serving their crème brulee icecream but I was able to snag the last of it as they were pulling the signs down and only had a little bit left. Also my server's name was Atreyu which amuses me to no end

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Chick-fil-A has their Chicken Tortilla Soup back. I meant to post that last week. I love that stuff. So happy!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Coldstone just stopped serving their crème brulee icecream but I was able to snag the last of it as they were pulling the signs down and only had a little bit left. Also my server's name was Atreyu which amuses me to no end
    I've got a new guy at work named Atreyu. First thing I said to him was,"Sorry 'bout your horse." He laughed and said people usually only mention Falkor.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Our department finally let us participate in no shave November for cancer donations, must be neatly kept nothing below jawline and no extended mustaches. After fucking 12 years in civil service I'm finally able to grow patchy facial hair.

Extra win: my tour is Thursday Friday Saturday every week with 4 days off. I work Thursday the 30th and found coverage for both the 1st and 2nd so I get to go an extra week.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Win/fail.

Finally got all our stuff out of the apartment and up to the house. Was moving shit until 1:30 am Sunday night/Monday morning. I called out of work yesterday because fuck that. Issue is we only have one room set up at this point. All our kitchen shit is in the garage, including plates and silverware, because we are planning on replacing the cabinets. My clothes are mostly in the garage as well, so finding something to wear this morning was interesting.

Was moving things into the house yesterday from 9 am or so until 1:30, then taping/painting until about 5:30 before I finally got to shower and sit down. Tonight I'm going to have to get some of the bedroom stuff inside, my clothes, and at least some plates/bowls/silverware so I can function.

Wife went out yesterday and bought a bunch of blinds and curtains. Found a store that was closing with 50-70% off everything. Spent about $400 for $1000 worth of curtains and shades.

I just want to sit and relax and get a proper night's sleep.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So coworkers fuck up paper work all the time. I mean I miss shit every now and then but not only am I one the that ends up having to fix it all but it's literally once every week or 2 and it's usually something small while I have fix multiple things from thing where entire invoices are completely blank other than a total on the order of about 5-6 a day.

One guy gets annoyed when I point it out/ask him what the heck is supposed to be in the missing spots since I obviously need the info that's missing so he today he thinks he can "get" me with an error. Finds one where the person still owed money and conversation goes something like this

Him: Where's it say he owes
    Me: Right there in the spot for it
    Him: but you didn't write due just an amount how do I know that's due and not the total
    Me: because the box is already labeled in bold balance due.... and the box above that is labeled total.
    Him: Well you should of hand written that to make it show up more
    Me: It's already in BOLD and there isn't room
    Him: Grumble grumble well should have gotten his name so we know who to contact if he doesn't come back
    Me: Oh you mean like in the spot that says print name that contains a very legible printed name.
    Him: well...
    Me: Yeah you need some glasses old man. Youjustgotdunkedon.jpg

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast