Closed Thread
Page 123 of 158 FirstFirst ... 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Win for me, fail for my wallet. Lucked into a Walmart having the Starscream, Soundwave ,and Prowl figures from the transformers siege line. Only need Ravage and Lazerbeak now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

After almost a year, countless sleepless nights, headaches, heartaches, barrels of coffee, and a shit ton of deadlines, ecr, ecn, eco, concepts of operations, operational concepts, deployment concepts, manufacturing concepts, concepts, and concepts up the ass... Our project is finally over and our expo a complete success.

I know kung fu, and how to build automated robots.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I'm an overweight fatty. Decided to motivate myself to do some weekend hiking even forcing myself to gasp for air and keep going instead of going back down the hill I am climbing. And goodness it's so good to just escape from life for a while and just push and struggle with the trails.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Had one 12 oz 5% beer last night and that was it. Actually, it wasn't even full. Part was used cooking ribs. Felt good. Last week of work at the bad place. Hopefully there isn't too much stupid. Bought a chainsaw over the weekend to help clean up my yard from all the huge downed branches and the tree stump still sitting on the fence. Looking forward to having 10 days off in a week to make some huge life changes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Went to this really fun wine and food event Saturday. A bunch of people recognized us from the last one or other wineries and were real friendly. Ended up talking to some people of one of the restaurants we really like. Last few times we were there they didn't have their French Onion soup which is amazing and I was asking if it was there this time. Guy told me they were switching some menu stuff around and had switched to a cold soup recently but would hold it for us that night.

Well we ended up sampling the wines of 25 different wineries at the event that afternoon so we were both pretty lit with me having to have help carry the lightweight to the room. Finally get her to sleep and take a nap myself only to wake up 3 hours later still drunk but hey ready to go to dinner. She however still couldn't stand up so guess no dinner. Go the next night and our waiter is the guy who we talked to the day before and gives us some grief saying we were supposed to come the night before but goes back to talk to the chef. Turns out they still had enough for 2 more bowls. Next group in tries to order some and nope not enough. Also we each joined a wine club so got a bunch of free tastings for the rest of the year

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Took my dog to vet for annual check up, they were concerned about two masses on her, but both came back non-cancerous. Hooray.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Recently turned down a job with Lockheed Martin last week because I had this whole plan in place that I wanted to do for school. Got an unexpected windfall this morning coupled with a bit of financial freedom so thinking about hitting up the hiring guy and talking to him about it because I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be paid well for taking it and at 32 I really want to secure my future more than anything right now.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Recently turned down a job with Lockheed Martin last week because I had this whole plan in place that I wanted to do for school. Got an unexpected windfall this morning coupled with a bit of financial freedom so thinking about hitting up the hiring guy and talking to him about it because I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be paid well for taking it and at 32 I really want to secure my future more than anything right now.
    Bruh you gotta get that Lockheed dough

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For real. Shit's been tearing me up the past week. Lol

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Secure the bag, secure your future

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

2 years ago I had to stop going to the gym as I was working two full time jobs to keep things afloat. Ballooned up from 242 pounds to 300. Tonight after doing Doordash for four hours I went to the gym for the first time. Small baby step but hopefully will lead to bigger things over the coming years.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    2 years ago I had to stop going to the gym as I was working two full time jobs to keep things afloat. Ballooned up from 242 pounds to 300. Tonight after doing Doordash for four hours I went to the gym for the first time. Small baby step but hopefully will lead to bigger things over the coming years.

Good on you bro. I start tomorrow morning first thing. We just gotta remember it's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm sitting around 265 right now. Goal is to get back to what I had considered normal for my 5'9 self of 175 ish when I met my wife 8 1/2 years ago.

For the first time in probably four years I went 47 hours straight without having any alcohol. I didn't even want to but had a slight headache since around noon yesterday and knew it would only get worse. While they are huge ABV, I only had two beers last night (Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout). Most likely will either finish the other two tonight or leave it alone. I have the next week off and start the new gig next Monday. Time to do a bunch of house stuff, yard stuff, and cleaning up my health stuff.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Bruh you gotta get that Lockheed dough
    For real. Shit's been tearing me up the past week. Lol
    Had a friend that turned down Lockheed as well right before graduating. Was a really great offer. He ended up being patient and getting something better in a better area doing exactly what he wanted to do. It didn't take long. If you're being recruited you'll get something good.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

My wife is pregnant again. Kid #3 on the way. Now I have to go get a vasectomy which I am totally willing to do but also the thought of it scares the shit out of me. Don't get me wrong we are happy and excited and we will love this one as much as the first two just wasn't expecting to have any more.

She is at 14/15 weeks now and we just found out it is a girl. Two boys and a girl.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Congrats! I'm so jealous. XD

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Congrats! I'm so jealous. XD
    Thanks Ksandra. My wife is very happy. (Though very nervous about having a girl too.) She really likes being pregnant. Right now we are working on getting our youngest to sleep through the night in his own bed. He is still waking up in the middle of the night and crawling into our bed.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Congrats! Daughter-Father relationship is so special, different. I am sure you are very excited.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So, I rarely post here, but just had a literal random win just now. Sorry in advance, this is long.

So, my two new year resolution promises were: Actually exercise and work on getting my voice to either androgynous range or female. For the first, I've succeeded, for the second, beyond hard as hell and nearly impossible (to me) since my voice is the lowest of the low.

So after months of practice, highest I could ever get is high male (I use a voice pitch app to measure my voice), which had made me believe this would be near impossible.

So one of my practices is simple: sing along with a song with a female singer. So since I really only listen to video game music, I naturally drifted to FF. So the usual, "Eyes on Me", "Melodies of Life", "Distant Worlds", and my favorites of the batch: FF14 Answers/DragonSong/Revolutions (can't wait for Shadowbringers to be added soon).

Anyway, fast forward to today and I measured my voice to see it has't changed much, so sad mood. When, on a whim, I decided to test out my range on the highest pitched verse of Revolutions.

Well, it went from high male to mid-high female! So I matched the pitch to my voice and can now consistently hold the range there now! So happy since I thought it was a pipe dream and what makes this funny to me is FF14 helped me reach this goal.

TLDR: FF14 SB theme helped me reach a voice range I thought would be impossible.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Alexisonfire is releasing new music and my body was not ready.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Was finally able to grab a reservation at Blue Hill at Stone Barns for the wifey's birthday. Reservation isn't for two months, but what can you do. been checking in for a while now trying to get a good time, and ended up going with a slightly later time that I would have liked, around 9pm on a Wednesday.