Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pretty sure AV had drops back then, but was just glitched so he didn't drop anything but a crystal on the first kill. His normal drops were added to the game in the same update that he was, after all.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Pretty sure AV had drops back then, but was just glitched so he didn't drop anything but a crystal on the first kill. His normal drops were added to the game in the same update that he was, after all.
    Do we have a data mine from back then?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We did, yes.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We did, yes.
    I wasn't asking if we did it then. I am asking if anyone has the record.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I thought the story was that a GM showed up, basically declared that an exploit was being used (the "wall glitch") and nullified the drops... was this just a legend? lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I thought the story was that a GM showed up, basically declared that an exploit was being used (the "wall glitch") and nullified the drops... was this just a legend? lol
    Probably an urban legend, but who knows anymore.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eden beat AV twice, without the Wall of Justice. I don't quite remember how we locked his 2hrs, but eventually half the server came out on cors to reset the kclub drks. I tanked as nin with two plds, and healers and bards would zone to reset hate. It dropped stuff both times. Don't really remember what, or much of the other details, it was many years ago. Think we were fighting for about 8 hours the first time, 3 the second.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well i mean, the wall of justice exploit was in the day one ToS, about it being against the rules to attack shit that has no way of getting to you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Well i mean, the wall of justice exploit was in the day one ToS, about it being against the rules to attack shit that has no way of getting to you.
    The ToS doesn't say that. It's more complicated such that you can still do pinning or kiting. That said there was another wall you could pin with that people tried but that got patched too

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The very first kill was done on Sylph by the server's premier HNM linkshell (I forget the name) when they managed to somehow glitch AV into not using SPs, WSs, or Magic at all. When they killed it, it dropped nothing but a wind crystal.

They called a GM to complain about it not dropping anything, and the GM said they'd forward the problem to the devs, while also telling them to not kill AV like that if it glitches in the future, or there'd be consequences.

A short time after that (a few days or weeks, I think?), some group (don't remember who) figured out how to get AV stuck on the gap between the northern and southern parts of the zone, and when they killed it like that, it dropped gear like normal. SE started bringing down the hammer on them and anyone else that did it soon after, but I don't remember the exact details.

A while after, people discovered zerging it down with Kraken Club and Apocalypse Dark Knights using Souleater (back when there was no global haste cap, so Apoc DRKs could hit 93.375% haste), which lasted a while, ending when SE introduced the Souleater nerf. We hit a brick wall again, SE released their video, and we never killed it again until the level cap got raised.

I might have a detail or two a bit off (like when SE released their video), but that was mostly the gist of what happened.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The ToS doesn't say that. It's more complicated such that you can still do pinning or kiting. That said there was another wall you could pin with that people tried but that got patched too
    Unless you have a copy of the day one ToS, you cant prove or disprove my claim.

Pinning and kiting isnt the same since the mob CAN get to you, whereas WoJ caused AV to immediately deaggro as it couldnt get to its target.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Unless you have a copy of the day one ToS, you cant prove or disprove my claim.

Pinning and kiting isnt the same since the mob CAN get to you, whereas WoJ caused AV to immediately deaggro as it couldnt get to its target.
    Sure and neither can you. So good job shooting your argument in the foot trying to prove me wrong.

And that's why I said the wording was more complicated. The difference is in activity. If you doing it right the mob can't get to you... if you mess up well it will. To go with that same with old teleporting chi blasts lol... but usually kept some people in area with hate. Also to note as I mentioned they were just as hard on a method using other walls that you couldn't really do this on but you could force AV to run around so if you could keep hate could allow some hijinks as well. Though don't think it ever got much popularity especially since iirc the wall of justice was just making it draw in

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ELI5: So what was the ultimate outcome of Absolute Virtue's tactics?

Ill spend a couple min when i get home from work to see if i can find any references

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Don't forget about the Goblin Footprints method of cheesing the fight by cutscene locking someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Really doubt that would be a thing back then, even now, given how badly the game is coded on both ends (client and server).
    Especially back then.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Sure and neither can you. So good job shooting your argument in the foot trying to prove me wrong.

And that's why I said the wording was more complicated. The difference is in activity. If you doing it right the mob can't get to you... if you mess up well it will. To go with that same with old teleporting chi blasts lol... but usually kept some people in area with hate. Also to note as I mentioned they were just as hard on a method using other walls that you couldn't really do this on but you could force AV to run around so if you could keep hate could allow some hijinks as well. Though don't think it ever got much popularity especially since iirc the wall of justice was just making it draw in
    CANT PROVE THAT SANTA CLAUSE DOESN'T EXIST!!!!!!!!!11

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Where's Urat. He knows all about this shit.
    Something something ebon panels something something virtue stone something something GOTTA STOP THE REGEN

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

Ah well. When the game finally gets retired I would love them to fully explain themselves to us surrounding AV.
    I am 100% sure that it was just

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Not to mention ATNM Test Goblin popping when the first guild tried to spawn PW. Good times.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Not to mention ATNM Test Goblin popping when the first guild tried to spawn PW. Good times.
    To be fair they traded the key to the wrong ???, didn't they?
    I seem to recall the first wasted Key where the Test Goblin appeared was traded out of Whitegate... or was it out of Nashmau? Not in Aydeewa Subteranee. Or am I recalling things wrong?

Yeah it was just outside al zahbi I remember that thread at the time. Hilarious