BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well already started with the even if it didn't suck. So in the world of if it didn't suck for sch to still be regulated to just skillchain monkey all you'd have to really do is get rid of the dot cap and find 1 sch with a good nuking set. It does really beg the question though if there was a dot cap wtf did SE even nerf the ja
    There wasn't a cap before. People were practicing using that trick on JLo in prep for AV and then SE immediately had an emergency maintinence to nerf it.

The "real" trick to AV was to realize that Tanaka really was a sadistic enough asshole to expect us to fight AV for several hours before killing it. You were supposed to lock the 2 hours via using a matching one right after AV uses it and if you weren't in japan back then you probably needed to bot to actually do so fast enough.
    After all of that is done you get to fight it for at least 6+ hours (as planned by SE on a SMOOTH fight) which noone could fathom since we didn't expect anyone to ver think that's reasonable for players. Shortly after it accidentally got slipped that several hour fights were legitimately what was supposed to happen and then PW drama came out to force SE to nerf AV's hp to a more reasonable level.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    There wasn't a cap before. People were practicing using that trick on JLo in prep for AV and then SE immediately had an emergency maintinence to nerf it.

The "real" trick to AV was to realize that Tanaka really was a sadistic enough asshole to expect us to fight AV for several hours before killing it. You were supposed to lock the 2 hours via using a matching one right after AV uses it and if you weren't in japan back then you probably needed to bot to actually do so fast enough.
    After all of that is done you get to fight it for at least 6+ hours (as planned by SE on a SMOOTH fight) which noone could fathom since we didn't expect anyone to ver think that's reasonable for players. Shortly after it accidentally got slipped that several hour fights were legitimately what was supposed to happen and then PW drama came out to force SE to nerf AV's hp to a more reasonable level.
    Lol, I remember this. They were practicing on the hydra nm in secret and then the guy blew it open on here posting a video of them one-shotting a yorva. One of my favorite drama threads.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Should continue reading the thread before making super old responses as those were already addressed lol. Idk when it was going on last I saw they never actually were able to time enough of them for AV just some lesser stuff... regardless of order though there was no need to have a cap AND gimp the ja

Campaign
    BG Level

With the current damage cap honestly they could ungimp the JA, maybe make it a higher cooldown (originally it was 10 mins I think?)
    I'd trade a 3mins shitty accuracy for 10mins 100% accuracy any day any time, not sure on the rest of you folks.

I feel like the damage cap was put in place at a latter time though, unless someone is 100% sure about it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4