+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece: Gear Second     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This story keeps delivering. I loved this chapter. Register to see the NSFW content.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Me too! Luffy and Zoro getting all the power ups and upgrades is good shit!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And just like that, Oda decides to completely shake up and upset the balance of the great powers of the OP world. Fucking L. O. L.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Spoiler: show
    I had a feeling it was going to go sideways at the end since everything was way too positive. But God damn.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New Chapter. So much incredible amounts of HYPE!!!

This is easily going from one of the best OP arcs to the best OP arc. And depending on how Act 3 (the final act I'm assuming) goes, it'll be the best arc by a fucking long shot.

Damn Oda dropping bombs with this new chapter, things just keep getting more and more hype this arc is insane.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Did I have a stroke or was the incident not revealed?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

What happened to Sabo?? There's been so many characters in this arc I can't keep everything straight.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It was hinted at but never actually explained. I liked the chapter but it was just full of teases and little actual concrete info

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ya holy shit at the new world order. So many of them were allied, all those islands will become Straw Hat territory.

Regarding the Sabo incident...

On the 4th day of the Reverie, Sabo and 3 of his best men fought Admirals Fujitora and Ryokugyu (whom we've still never seen) in an attempt to recover the original body of comrade Bartholomew Kuma.

The true outcome of the fight, and the true state of Kuma before they even made the attempt (intact; cyborg; totally deceased mangled experiment corpse; etc.) are both currently unknown.

Since a large portion of this chapter (and its namesake) is about how well Morgans and WE News disseminates lies to the world public, I'm guessing they reported the fib that Revolutionary Chief-of-Staff Sabo (who still had a B-602,000,000 bounty) had been killed in the conflict.

I call bullshit. He's alive and will dynamic entry the Kaido+Linlin vs Straw Hats fight after Teach shows up to absorb androids 17 & 18.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hooooooly shit GOda. This new chapter is ridiculous for world building.

Kaido, Big Mom and Whitebeard all in a pirate crew when they were young, being led by someone who's also a D.

Garp the Marine who stopped them.... only after teaming up with fucking Gol D. Roger. Which would explain why Garp was so willing to look after Ace at Roger's request.

OH, and fucking Oden, the former emperor of Wano, was originally a division commander for Whitebeard but was fucking poached by Roger and was on his ship when he went on his final voyage.

For fucking sure God's Valley will be a destination that Luffy and co. land at at some point. Not to mention the pirate den Beehive that Blackbeard is currently ruling. And still no fucking clue what actually happened to Sabo. No way he's dead though. No fucking way he gets off-screened

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Saw it on the top of /all and knew I had to put my seat belt on for the ride.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Probably the most substantial chapter in OP since the end of Marineford

so some speculation

Blackbeard seems related to Rocks somehow, his ship is called Saber of Xebec while Rocks names was Rocks D Xebec. So really a counter to the Luffy and Roger connection.

Also Oden being on Rogers ship and having a connection to Shanks just makes it all the more likely that Shanks is going to show up at Wano. He does have that unnamed blond top knot dude in his crew that is probably from wano.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Bweigelt View Post
    so some speculation

Blackbeard seems related to Rocks somehow, his ship is called Saber of Xebec while Rocks names was Rocks D Xebec. So really a counter to the Luffy and Roger connection.

Also Oden being on Rogers ship and having a connection to Shanks just makes it all the more likely that Shanks is going to show up at Wano. He does have that unnamed blond top knot dude in his crew that is probably from wano.
    These are both really interesting points. I especially really like the first one

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally get our bounty comparisons. We were all surprised with Teach's because it was the highest we'd ever seen, nearly twice anyone else's that we'd been shown before him. lol...

Well, now we can finally see the top of Luffy's ladder. I'm sure most of the Shichibukai will get new posters too as they get featured in later chapters.

Also wonder if Oda understands what G.O.A.T. means to western Internet culture....

I'm just excited for how the end of this is shaping. There looks like years of content ahead, way beyond Wano, and all of it very interesting.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As amazing as the manga is, the anime is just... oi veigh. I liked the new director they got for Wano and the first few episodes were pretty decent. But they are legit stretching out 1 chapter into 3 episodes between last week, tonight and next week, and it is arduous as fuck.

At least initially when they added filler stuff to the episode it was like longer and still well choreographed fights and etc, but today's episode was rough.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like they are setting up a parallel here, with the former generation having Garp & Roger vs Rocks and a repeat with Luffy & Koby vs Blackbeard. It's been a part of the story since basically the first arc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seriously, he's already a Rear Admiral, wtf. You're probably right. I remember the Register to see the NSFW content of 956 thought it deserved an entire page to confirm.

Edit: that also means he either skipped or achieved Commodore rank offscreen.

Per the wikia...

Officers:
    01 Fleet Admiral
    02 Admiral
    03 Vice Admiral
    04 Rear Admiral
    05 Commodore
    06 Captain
    07 Commander
    08 Lieutenant Commander
    09 Lieutenant
    10 Lieutenant Junior Grade
    11 Ensign

Infantry/Sailor Division:
    12 Warrant Officer
    13 Master Chief Petty Officer
    14 Chief Petty Officer
    15 Seaman Petty Officer
    16 Seaman First Class
    17 Seaman Apprentice
    18 Seaman Recruit
    19 Chore Boy (Lowest Rank)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oda drew this 15 years ago. Notice the pink dragon (Momo) and Luffy in samurai armour with the Kozuki clan's crest on it

Meticulous as fuck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag