+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece: Gear Second     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Idk, you could still squeeze a "DREAMIN!" or "Ya-yo Ya-yo!" in there. Register to see the NSFW content.

Also what a pull on the god damned Mewtwo Strikes Back clone ball for color scheme consistency.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So, I got 5 Pokeballs, spur the moment. My wife called the shop asking to book a time for herself. They tell us they have time in the moment. Next thing I know, we are driving there and I’m googling ideas for tattoos. Landed on the Pokeballs. Wanted 6 but after a first layout, it looked too awkward so I went with 5 to have a center point. I still plan on getting a Bulbasaur down the road though.

My next one though will be getting my FFXI Character

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Register to see the NSFW content

Spoiler: show
    Yup, Yamato is another Bartolomeo. And I thought Jack was at the bottom of the ocean?
    ANOTHER BREAK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Break is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

On one hand, Kaido is a great "I hate him and can't wait for him to be defeated" antagonist. On the other, he's a good dad to his trans son and his LGBTQ choices.

Seriously though this shit is fantastic. Layers upon layers upon layers and Izo and Kiku reuniting after all these years, Robin and Jinbe being awesome, Kaido, King, Queen and Jack looking "final boss" as hell, this shit is fantastic.

Edit: Izo and Kiku basically being super femme, Kaido having one general (King) clearly living a BDSM lifestyle, another general (Queen) being... Queen, his daughter looking up to and wanting to be a man, a few other very prominent examples throughout the series (Mr. 2, Ivankov, all of the Okama crew/island), Oda is progressive as fuck.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Oda is badass as fuck. He just knows how to write, draw, and stay consistent. We don't get stupidly fat plotholes like with Toriyama (Vegeta went from 45k to 500k+ power level from a goddamn senzu and a nap?), or just abandoned threads like Kishimoto (don't get me started).

The dude even checks fan wikis when re-introducing characters to make sure he stays consistent with their abilities and looks. One Piece is the one manga that I have consistently looked forward to each chapter since the thriller bark story.

Plus, Ulti is so damned cute.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spoilers for 985 are crazy. Seismic shifts happening.

Also, after this, Jump scheduled a 1 week break ages ago b/c it was supposed to have been when their Olympics started. So 986 will be like July 29/30.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah they are something else. It's like Oda read all the fan theories and was like "fuuuuuck everything you expect to happen"

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I mean, there's no way Orochi is actually dead. He's got heads to spare. But new nakama? I approve.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Register to see the NSFW content

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Thank God, I was going nuts waiting.

Never trust a pirate!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Holy. Shit. Oda!

Yea, I don't think this arc is gonna end neatly like most other arcs now lmao.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You always got the sense that Orochi was just flying by the seat of his pants and was always the second wheel, but perhaps that's what Oda wants us to think. Perhaps Orochi WILL get revenge and will absolutely wind up dominating this scenario.

Anything could happen.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I mean... he's got the mythical Hydra zoan type fruit. We all know how Hydras work.
    Oda could have had Kaido split Orochi head-to-toe, mash him into a puddle, or boil him in oil, but he specifically had Kaido decapitate him.
    I bet Orochi acts as a disruptor later, but won't be a big player.

Is Luffy going to have more than 10 crew mates?
    Ch 986 is looking more like Aug 1 release.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This arc has strong potential for 2 new crewmates honestly. Carrot is practically a shoe-in.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

He's going to need a sizable crew, even if they aren't always featured prominently. Every sea fight can't de-evolve into a 1v1 of Luffy vs. the villian of the day when you're dealing with entire pirate fleets.

I welcome all of these additions. It makes great sense for him to basically acquire a new member from every place he goes to and "solves their problem". Reminds me of a grand ol' RPG adventure.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Merely going by the Ch 001 declaration...

0 Luffy
    1 Zoro
    2 Nami
    3 Usopp
    4 Chopper
    5 Sanji
    6 Robin
    7 Franky
    8 Brook
    9 Jinbe

Carrot seems likely next. She asked to join back in Zou and Luffy "ignored" the question by acting distracted.
    I think Yamato is the first to ask to join since Carrot. Not even Bartolomeo asked.
    I see people throw around Caesar Clown and Buggy, but I'm not in those camps.

Criteria has been that they fill a specific role for the crew. What's really left - "Lookout"?
    "Sniper" and "Aracheologist" aren't exactly conventional, so Oda could make an excuse for anything, I guess.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think Carrot joins on an official basis and Yamato ends up leading the new Wano division in Luffy's fleet. Momonosuke obviously becomes the new Emperor, the red Scabbards split between those who stay behind as his retainers and those who go out to sea to open up Wano to the rest of the world and Yamato ends up being part of, if not outright leading, that group while that group also declares themselves as part of Luffy's fleet.

That being said, I could also see both Carrot and Yamato joining, but Luffy deffo adding to his fleet via Wano.

And yea, nooooo way Orochi is dead. If it was like a stab through the heart or he got sliced in half vertically, it's be a different story. But his head getting chopped off so cleanly is definitely a red herring given his Hydra devil fruit. Luffy and his crew go up against Kaido/Big Mom, the Red Scabbards get their vengeance again Orochi.

If I had to guess, gonna be something like:
    Luffy vs Kaido
    Yamato vs Big Mom (female vs female fighter here, no way they're gonna have a guy beat down a woman in the manga) with probably Nami and Carrot helping with BM's soul-given minions
    Kinnemon or maybe 2 or 3 of the scabbards vs Orochi
    Monster Trio of Zoro, Sanji and Jinbe vs King, Queen and Jack
    Law, Kid and Killer vs Apoo, Hawkins and X Drake cause worst generation and Kid being betrayed and etc
    and the rest of the crew teaming with all the other scabbards and White Beard crew and rando other pirates to take out the Flying 6 and whomever of BM's crew manages to make it and the rest of the named and no-name lackeys

And Naturally Momo is gonna do something to prove he's worthy of his father's blood/being Shogun or etc etc, like aiding Luffy fight Kaido as his dragon form or something like that

~IF~ I had to guess the matchups we're gonna see and barring no more surprises like fucking Shanks is also here or the Marines show up or whatever other ridiculousness Oda tosses our way lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I could also very much see the 9 Red Scabbards teaming up to take out Orochi+Kanjuro (with Izo replacing Kanjuro in the 9)

Although from this week's chapter, we see a frame of a crying Kiku with a bloody katana after going up against Kanjuro a few pages earlier so who knows what happened there.

I think what I'm trying to say here is that THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE AND POTENTIALLY HUGE FIGHTS AND THIS SHIT IS GONNA BE YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

New Chapter out, can't remember the last time One Piece was actually mentioned by name in the series.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This week's Library of Ohara analysis proved extra helpful.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag