+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    people still get mad at each other for picking sombra? not a surprise. still, i imagine the chances you see a sombra that knows what they're doing isn't very often in many tiers.
    Pretty much. Sombra can be hard to play and even if you're good with her you can still amount to shit since if your team can't benefit from your EMP you are pretty much dead weight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

sure, totally get that. i would think probably what hurts people most is people using sombra on maps/sides unfavorable to her.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    sure, totally get that. i would think probably what hurts people most is people using sombra on maps/sides unfavorable to her.
    True. Some maps such as attack on Volkskya can be annoying since it takes awhile to get set up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

attack volskaya would be one of her better maps if you're trying to break through shields though. two mega packs right before the choke and you can get your ult rolling in <1m.

i'm thinking more of a map like hollywood where if you're on defense the closest accessible pack is the small one in the cafe. or on attack there are two megas but they are kind of out of the way so it's like w/e, but even if you push to first point and beyond there's just not a lot of great options.

BG Level

Oh yeah I forgot about that one near the cliff. Normally I don't touch the one in the building since most people are too stupid to backtrack to that one.

Normally I hack that one then get behind the enemy. Hack a pack or 2, get on point to distract, etc. to be a general pain in their ass.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Dev update video today. All about toxicity hah.

Part of video just reminded me of some Safe Space PC bullshit. This is why I turn off comms sometimes and just play the game and occasionally hit my Z button to let my team know of when my ult is ready.

Small vent. Was going to try and get some of my arcade boxes. Five games in a fucking row backfilled of FFA DM where the top person had 17+ points. This fucking stupid. Why is there even backfill in this mode?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Dev update video today. All about toxicity hah.

Part of video just reminded me of some Safe Space PC bullshit. This is why I turn off comms sometimes and just play the game and occasionally hit my Z button to let my team know of when my ult is ready.
    I started every match yesterday with "Hey, did you know Jeff from the Overwatch team wanted to talk about toxicity?", but jokingly

I don't feel very much that this has -anything- to do with PC safe space bullshit. I can, however, see why it might come off that way. Overwatch is a team based game. Teams generally need to work together to achieve their goals, in this case, winning. Stop being asshats to each other, stop being toxic shit wads, work together (because six DPS doesn't win shit) and A) you'll have more fun as will the other team and have better matches B) You'll probably win more. C) You'll stop taking their time to figure out more and more ways to deal with toxic players and be able to invest that time into making improvements and new things for a game everyone really enjoys.

Toxicity truly does ruin the game, so I kind of applaud Jeff for stepping in front of the camera and being "that guy" who wants everyone to play as a team and such, easy to mock, but at least he got up there and said what everyone already knows. When playing competitive, I want to win, and it doesn't serve your team or anyone well when you insult the living shit out of a player on your team.

My example of this would be when say, I'm tanking. You can hear someone go "Hey, Orisa, turn around, you're being shot in the back by Tracer, you dumb fuck." Thank you for your insight into a single point of view. Perhaps you noticed that, but perhaps you seem to have failed to notice that I was also being shot at from the front as well by a Roadhog and a Soldier, the shield just broke, I was aware Tracer was shooting me from behind, both healers were dead, and there was no way I was going to survive whichever direction I was facing, so I opted to a) keep my shield up in the direction two targets were shooting me from b) might as well be shooting back in that direction as well, Hog and Soldier are much easier targets for an Orisa than a Tracer, so at least there's the chance I might have taken one of them with me. But nope, i'm getting insulted for playing a role that no one else wanted to play. I mean, you can also say the person warning me was alive, behind me, and trying to deal with Tracer and if I turned around, the two of us might have been able to kill the Tracer. But probably not before my shield cracked again, or before I could hide around a corner, or before our healers got back to us. That's a hell of a lot of decisions to make in under one second, so I don't think being a toxic shit head to people is going to solve anything.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Put in a ratings system on how much you would like to team again. Offer Legendary skins for hitting certain amount of ratings earned.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Put in a ratings system on how much you would like to team again. Offer Legendary skins for hitting certain amount of ratings earned.
    I saw a comment, in fact several over on Kotaku and Reddit that shared the same sentiment that made me laugh and think of XIV: You can resolve toxicity by making sure no one can look at anyone else's stats, problem solved. Which.. Isn't that the whole parser debate? "We don't want parsers! It leads to people being angry and mean "

Offering rewards for cooperation, seems not like a poor idea. The concept being ideally that all 6 people will want special legendary skins that can only be achieved by getting good ratings, good ratings come from working together. Could work maybe? But I could also totally see it being an issue in various ways, aka: 1 shitbag rates everyone down, no matter what. One dude gets angry in match, rates people down. You locked Junkrat? I'm rating you down. That system also has possible abuses.

I honestly think this game could benefit from larger scale games. 12v12 for the players that want to play the hero they want, spam and get random kills where dying has little to no consequence. I'm just thinking and comparing this to TF2, and thinking back to 2Fort where no one actually tried for the intelligence. Might remove some of the bullshit players from QP. Comp suffers from everyone wants golden guns.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    I saw a comment, in fact several over on Kotaku and Reddit that shared the same sentiment that made me laugh and think of XIV: You can resolve toxicity by making sure no one can look at anyone else's stats, problem solved. Which.. Isn't that the whole parser debate? "We don't want parsers! It leads to people being angry and mean "

Offering rewards for cooperation, seems not like a poor idea. The concept being ideally that all 6 people will want special legendary skins that can only be achieved by getting good ratings, good ratings come from working together. Could work maybe? But I could also totally see it being an issue in various ways, aka: 1 shitbag rates everyone down, no matter what. One dude gets angry in match, rates people down. You locked Junkrat? I'm rating you down. That system also has possible abuses.
    Why have a down vote? Just have an up vote if you would team with someone again.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I honestly think this game could benefit from larger scale games. 12v12 for the players that want to play the hero they want, spam and get random kills where dying has little to no consequence. I'm just thinking and comparing this to TF2, and thinking back to 2Fort where no one actually tried for the intelligence. Might remove some of the bullshit players from QP. Comp suffers from everyone wants golden guns.
    I think of TF2 and TFC every time I play this game and wish it was more like that.

I mean, I would go for the intel, but usually just solo bum-rushing it to see how far I could get.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Been playing Team Deathmatch with my cousin lately. They should add a x3 EXP multiplier for people who play healers. We'd have healers for fucking days.

Maybe I will just start saying that at the beginning of games... someone will fall for it.

quick edit: I will usually jump on Zen or Mercy, but I'd like to turn my brain off sometimes and play Pharah or S76

Healer is my least played class these days. I'm a decent Zen, an ok Ana. I'd probably be fine at Mercy I just find her boring. However the reason I don't play healers is mostly because I go for DPS first because 9/10 when I don't my DPS such badly. If I can't get DPS I usually end up Winston or Dva. *sigh* I'm really going to miss Dva.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

What's happening to D.Va?

Defense Matrix up time going from 4 seconds to 2. While the recharge was lowered a little, it was only from 10 seconds down to 7.5. She's getting a new missile volley E of 18 missiles, but if kind of sucks. The volley goes over something like 1.5 seconds and if all missiles direct hit its only something like 180 damage, and they're kind of easy to dodge. They also didn't adjust Dva's critbox. The short of it is, she's not much of a tank anymore and she dies really really easy. Reaper is fun as hell though. Tears through 4 of the 6 tanks like paper.(3 if if the Hog is good and knows how/when to use take a breather now)

So apparently D.Va is getting a new skin on HotS. "D.Va The Destroyer."

Why is there skins always so much better.

Probably a lot easier for them to do this shit, but I imagine we'll get an OW version eventually if it's popular enough.

My first thought was "shit do I have to play HoTS again?" but I guess I won't have to for a while...maybe.

Yeah the real reason is lower poly counts and less modeling makes making skins way easier. Still...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast