+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

still waiting on my thundergod zarya skin

New changes live. Reaper a murdering monster.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

wait they changed reaper again? what now

No, but he slaughters new Dva, and Winston... and Rein, and Hog. Without Dva to block all his shots he is destroying tanks with ease.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    wait they changed reaper again? what now
    Patch notes mention nothing on Reaper

Sorry I was having fun murdering Dva on the new map. I'll go a bit more in depth.

New map is really fun especially for high mobility characters. Pharah is great on it. D.Va I haven't much as, but against her I can literally killer her in 3 seconds as Reaper. She's tissue paper now. New Mercy has so much powerful potential. During her Ult you almost just have to wait it out. She's really hard to kill during it. As I said before, without Dva cockblocking a lot of heroes became a lot better. Ana won't have her healing and nades blocked, Reaper can just go to town, nothing to really counter Pharah ( -.- ) Be careful going into comp. I haven't yet but already heard stories of people no idea what they're doing.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

man poor dva, i had really enjoyed playing her the last couple months too

Yeah... I got her golden weapon about 2 weeks before changes were announced. I'm going to miss her. What's worse is Dva and Winston were the only two tanks Im good at. I've been practicing Orisa.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

So how soon til they buff D.Va's armor from 200a/400h to 400a/200h again?

And I guess Rein & Zarya become the popular tank picks again, at least for attack.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    So how soon til they buff D.Va's armor from 200a/400h to 400a/200h again?
    I'm hoping never since D.Va was a monster to fight with all that armor.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I liked the Mercy changes on PTR, I like them on live.

The issue now is that Mercy is Target #1, no matter what lol. Junkrats are wasting 2-3 kill opportunities to solo ult me, constantly. Also most people don't like that Rez is pretty consistently down, so the old bunch of people praying for a Mercy triple rez? Now you get asked for Rez as soon as someone dies lol. It's way more frustrating, but also more satisfying to do Rez > Q > Rez > 3-4 people on heal beam. Can use it to initiate pushes too, as long as youre close enough, it's incredibly powerful.

Yeah people are expecting rez the second someone dies and that's a bad way to use it. Should be like you said, way more strategic. Also people are vastly underestimating what a team wide 30%+ dmg boost that can NOT be destroyed(at least not easily) and moves with you can do. With Dva changes and Mercy buffs offense got WAY more powerful.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah, Mercy is so much stronger it's ridiculous. Yes, she doesn't have the ability to mass-rez anymore.

But the 30 second Rez gives so many opportunities to make your team better. You can Rez the dumbass who keeps trying to peek and gets picked off while everyone's coming back, so you have better control over trickling. The number of times you used to hold your solo Rez, you no longer need to. The ult makes you capable of instantly Rezzing someone as well as full on Mercy beam, of either kind, on your ENTIRE PARTY AT ONCE, while you fly.

The downside is killing mercy went from main priority to "EVERYONES PRIORITY". You get rid of her, and you're going to win almost any encounter.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Played a ton last night, pretty much all Mercy. Valkyrie has taught me one thing is clear: People have no idea what positioning is. I mean, I thought that before, but it's even more clear when you're floating above people... The soldier/mccree/etc are always no where near a shield. Sombra? She's hiding in the middle of no where, 6 ppl splitting into 3 groups. No wonder no won wins.

New crazy bug in custom game that allows 12v12.
    NOTICE: This bug ONLY works on CONTROL (KoTH) maps (Illios, Oasis, etc.)!

Footage of 12v12 Gameplay:

Short Video By The Man who sold Za Warudo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugy5Lg-VYT4

Long Video By OhNickel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX7U-k_GcFQ

Video Guide By Forum User Ares/Youtuber Roli Gaming: https://youtu.be/W7_e1eTZ43k

Link to his thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ic/20759166513

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Fuck that sounds fun

Right?! There is a thread now trying to convince devs to add it to the game. This is after I made a thread about this a few days ago haha.

Holy crap. The 12v12 bug has exploded in popularity. Check your custom browser. Apparently on console games fill instantly.

EDIT: So... Doomfist into a Gravity Surge of 10 people may be the best thing ever... dou-trip-quad-Quin-Quintuple Kill!

EDIT 2: Well, they patched 12v12. Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

I got to hand it to Blizzard. Two character changes and they turned this game on it's god damn head, and the OF are on fire with looting and chaos. Normally I laugh at the OF losing their shit and overreacting but this time, they may be right a little. Some of the things I've noticed with these changes.

Mercy is pretty much required pick. Resurrect is by and large the most powerful healing ability in the game. 100% heal of any target every 30 seconds, 10 when she Ults.

Every tank, except D.Va effectively has two lives now with Mercy around.

D.Va is useless as a tank, maybe as a hero at all. Or at the very least everyone is better. With DM halved, and her critbox huge, her mech is made of paper now. She has a bit more damage but missiles kind of suck. She is also a terrible Rez target as raising Rein for example he's back at 500 HP and ready to go while D.va is baby Hana and easy to just kill again before she can mech, and even if she does manage to get in mech she has lost at least half the HP before she can even move.

Ana is a trash pick. She offers nothing that someone isn't better at and has no identity. Zen has Discord. Lucio has Speed/AoE heal. Mercy has... everything. Raise, AoE Heal/Dmg boost when Ulting. She flies.

I've done a couple of comp games and they're crazy at the moment. It will be interesting to see how OW continues.

BG Level

Honestly I'd rather have seen rez removed and replaced with some kind of defense boost myself