+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

the guy makes a lot of good points and in particular points about growth vs decline, one of things i've been thinking for a while.

i expect the devs to keep on top of it because letting OW go by the wayside after their gigantic investments would be a disaster. hard to tell though when anything meaningful will happen.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Apparently the twitter account actually responded to the thread.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That post is ridiculously elitist and entirely off the mark for top level play. As of right now there are exactly 12 players above the fabled "4600-4700" mark on KR servers. 12. Rank 1 is 4791. His suggestion is to limit matchmaking to within 150SR (because GM players don't know his "pro strats" lol).

I thought Koreans we're good at math? If they were to take his suggestion there aren't enough players for the #1 ranked player to get a match, ever. Even using 150 from the median (aka 300SR from Rank 1) wouldn't be feasible if you look at their ladder.

The current system (slowly expanding the range based on how long you're waiting) is what it HAS to be. 'fuck outta here with this "I'd rather never get a queue pop than play with GMs" nonsense.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    That post is ridiculously elitist and entirely off the mark for top level play. As of right now there are exactly 12 players above the fabled "4600-4700" mark on KR servers. 12. Rank 1 is 4791. His suggestion is to limit matchmaking to within 150SR (because GM players don't know his "pro strats" lol).

I thought Koreans we're good at math? If they were to take his suggestion there aren't enough players for the #1 ranked player to get a match, ever. Even using 150 from the median (aka 300SR from Rank 1) wouldn't be feasible if you look at their ladder.

The current system (slowly expanding the range based on how long you're waiting) is what it HAS to be. 'fuck outta here with this "I'd rather never get a queue pop than play with GMs" nonsense.
    Being matched with low GMs might be an exaggeration, but I'm of the opinion that GMs should NEVER be paired with anyone below Masters at a minimum and yet it happens.

The 150 range makes more sense at ranks lower than GM (and not so much for GM) for the reason you mentioned.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My team just had Zen/Soldier/McCree = Pharah -destroyed- us. Rein shield, Mercy healer and a Zarya. Like Pharah just didn't die.

Who got blamed? Mercy. Go on attack, barely get both points. Like some great Mercy play keeping people alive, I was shocked we managed it, took the second point in Overtime, piles of rezzes, healing numbers really high.... "You were shit Mercy" as someone instalocks Mercy when we go back on defense.

Mercy got picked in the first 20 seconds and that was the match right there. And I'm wondering why the fuck someone would instalock Mercy when I had just done a really great job. Lots of insults thrown at me, I barely healed, I barely rezzed... Card comes up: 32% of team damage healed. I wish I could've gotten a second card that showed the 26 rezzes too.

The life of a mercy: If your DPS suck, you cant win, no amount of healing or boosting is gonna make it work. That Pharah had fucking discord, Soldier/McCree and a fairly health dose of damage boosting on both... she somehow only managed to die right after Dead Eye or Visor -_- God I hate shitty DPS.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

That's why I'm trying to git gud with Solider/Reaper. I don't mind support but if your DPS suck you're screwed

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I have said it many times on here that DPS has generally the highest skill floor/ceiling. Mechanically, it's part aim, positioning and awareness, and resource management. Red Genji usually knows how much damage to get a killshot from swift strike or how good Pharahs have the awareness to duck behind obstacles to be an efficient but safe nuisance. And sometimes picks need to revolve around the support/tank picks.

Course telling these things to the general Overwatch community results in denial. But those people are forever sitting at their appropriate SR until they improve on their mechanics and in-game choice making.

I think I can agree with that, I think a good tank will probably be more effective at getting your team to stuff together and win teamfights. That being said, that's only up until your point, you can probably get so fucking good, like Taimou good and just DESTROY kids where the team fights aren't even a factor.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The problem with that is I'm honestly not that good at hitscan DPS. I become ineffective because while my spatial awareness is really good, my aim is jittery. Also, I generally don't enjoy DPS. If I have to, i'll go Doomfist or Reaper, Mei or Junk. Those are the DPS i'm best with. I'm not even good with Pharah who's braindead easy. Tanking and healing are more positioning, and in terms of Ana/Zen, after 100+hrs on each, I can do a pretty decent job of hitting shit with them, but the whole Soldier/McCree/Widow thing? No can do. And attack bastion rarely works.

I guess I could get another account and spend like 50hrs on Soldier and McCree for those situations, but even then, sometimes your team is just shit and i'd rather just be support or tank ._.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Placements on main - 2500s.
    Placements on alt - 2865 (proceeded to lose the next 2 games because of shitty players then a quitter).

BG Level

Mercy met the nerf bat again and best grandma got some love:

-Mercy's rez now has a 1.75 second channeling time and during the channeling Mercy's movement speed is reduced by 75%. Does not apply when using Valkyrie

-Ana's damage increased to 70

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Edit: IDK what I read.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Mercy met the nerf bat again and best grandma got some love:

-Mercy's rez now has a 1.75 second channeling time and during the channeling Mercy's movement speed is reduced by 75%. Does not apply when using Valkyrie

-Ana's damage increased to 70
    Holy smokes Mercy gonna die so much

It's amazing that people don't punish her already but at least now it's brain dead easy. I use to just hang out around dead enemies and there was a high chance Mercy would fly right to me.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

New Map: Blizzard World. Hybrid map.

New Hero: Moira. Support

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/moira/

Edit: Reinhardt Cinematic

Regarding the cinematic:

Spoiler: show

BG Level

Holy shit Moira actually looks fun.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Reinhardt Cinematic:

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Blizzard World map:

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Reinhardt Cinematic:

1) Rag Tagg is probably shitting himself.

2) Can we get a Young Reinhardt (Scarred and not Scarred) skin?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

As much as a shitshow it is to watch competitive Overwatch, at least they are making strides to make it visually digestable. Still should keep First Person PoV to slow-mo replays because it's going to make a casual viewer puke from all that mouse twitching.