+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yeah Moria seems like a beast with an organized group. RIP to her in QP though.

But yeah. Thank god for Mercy not being a must pick now after the rez changes.

Damage orb seemed real good if you throw it at the right place while your team moves forward. Can also act as a deterrent to most choke points or small flanks.

Healing orb is stupid good though.

BG Level

Going to be fun to play her once the hype wears down. Though I am jelly of her shadowstep. Wish Reapter's wrath form worked like that.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As expected, a lot of people are playing Moira as DPS. Granted, this was No Limit Arcade. Mercy rez feels like shit now.

BG Level

My new favorite Competitive moment:

"Hey Zen can you switch to a hitscan or healer for that Pharah?"

-Soldier 76 player.

So far 1 tie, 2 loses, and a game that ended early due to a leaver. Probably my worst placement season.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Going to need a Hisoka skin variant for Moira.

Is Mercy still be played in your guys' games?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Is Mercy still be played in your guys' games?
    In Comp? Seems to be a coin toss. Though I seem to do better with a Mercy on my team than I do Ana.

Also finished my placements last night. 5 wins, 4 loses, 1 tie. Mid plat. Sadly none of my loses were close just due to the general issue of people not wanting to switch when needed. Though I laughed at how toxic an Ana got calling me worthless on Zen because a Pharah kept fucking us up when we only had one tank, no hitscan, and 3 DPS. The real kicker was the Ana was partnered with 2 of the DPS but still wanted to rage at everyone else.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Still a consistent pick because her ultimate makes a push/defense solid. I have been trying to play Ana, Lucio, and Zen equally when I support. Namely Lucio when paired with Reaper, Rein, or Hog. Mercy still makes me want to gouge my eyes out both pre and post nerf.

Though on a game yesterday, did Lucio attack(2nd) on Eichenwalde. Only had to get ~80% 1st point. Did a slow roll out with team. Sym turrets slowing at the first turn. Defense was played way too far up and I speed boost solo past everyone. Their Hog and Rein both turned and my team deleted them all.

The stupidity at mid/high gold. I got spoiled playing 2 seasons at diamond and actually having cohesive team fights and see-saw wins/losses that both teams did well and was an actual good game. Not playing during seasons 4-6 besides placements really atrophied my mechanics.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

xQc got suspended/banned for misuse of the reporting system:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...ned_from_comp/

First time I've seen him speechless (I don't watch him often):

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlumpAgitate...hillaOMGScoots

Edit: Yeah, fuck him for doing this shit.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedClearGullPlanking

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I just watched the video on YT of him being banned. No idea who he is really, but checked it. My god is he annoying to watch, not just visually but listening to him as well. He screws around in what looks like comp?, but seems it's for him reporting people for no real reason.

Whatever, serves him right. Wonder if it'll be enough to smack some sense into him.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Just finished my placements for the season, the worst experience I've had playing overwatch. Out of those 10 I had 3 legit games, the rest were all marred by a leaver or someone trolling or both. In many cases both.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah, I haven't played since Season 5... came back to a few rounds of QP and such... same one sided roll or be rolled matchmaking as always.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, this season is terrible for me thus far. Not a sore loser as my SR has remained fairly even, it's just the games are terrible. ~30-40% of games have one or more people either a) throwing/trolling through their play or by comp picks, or b) just a bunch of human potatoes incapable of rational decision making. Literally cannot deal with the squeakers any more, particularly as Mercy.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Worst Genji ever.

Me: That was a bad overextend
    Genji: That's what I'm supposed to do
    Me: Not in front of their spawn on our Defense

Genji leaves game

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Yeah, this season is terrible for me thus far. Not a sore loser as my SR has remained fairly even, it's just the games are terrible. ~30-40% of games have one or more people either a) throwing/trolling through their play or by comp picks, or b) just a bunch of human potatoes incapable of rational decision making. Literally cannot deal with the squeakers any more, particularly as Mercy.
    Last night I had to basically scream to get another tank or healer as we only had one of each (I was heals). None of the dps would switch and even one said, "Nah it won't make that much of a difference."

We got wrecked.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So this is new. Just did a comp map and someone left and it kicked us all out of the game. Like didn't even let us finish the match....even though we were winning and probably would have been fine without the other player....wtf

edit: nvm figured out what happened. It was a team of six on the other side and they all left because they were losing rofl.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I think i'm basically done with competitive for the most part. Just can't seem to get even sane teams anymore. 5 matches, 4 of them on my side had 4 DPS. I'm just having more fun fucking around in QP, even though I prefer to play with like... a team that wants to win, in comp, the level of salt and anger and rage and insults at this point is so bad that there's nothing I can do lol.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It’s incredible how it only takes one person to fuck over your entire time. Fuck this game.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    I think i'm basically done with competitive for the most part. Just can't seem to get even sane teams anymore. 5 matches, 4 of them on my side had 4 DPS. I'm just having more fun fucking around in QP, even though I prefer to play with like... a team that wants to win, in comp, the level of salt and anger and rage and insults at this point is so bad that there's nothing I can do lol.
    Honestly, I think QP has gone up in quality overall from other former competitive refugees. Ran Zarya for a half dozen games and had some baller comp setups and wombo-combos. Graviton / Nano / Gengublade for days. I still think Ana negating Transcendence in Graviton with a nade is my favorite "womp womp" moment in this game.

For comp, I just don't understand why more people don't adopt a fill philosophy. I will play whatever the team needs in every game; most of the time it's Mercy, but I do plenty of Rein/Zarya/Zen/Lucio/etc. There is just nothing worse than looking at a 4 DPS (2 sniper) instalock setup and knowing that you have to spend the next 15 mins pulling your hair out for a guaranteed loss.