+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Was wondering how this season could get worse than last: First 3 placement matches, had a disconnect on my team in the first 2 minutes. Fourth match, I disconnected, and got back 30 seconds later, too late. Started off with 4 losses. Next six: One won, 5 losses, single healer or single tank, with me as the single healer or single tank.

Cannot for the life of me get a team to even remotely come close to working slightly together.
    r we mates on Blizz? where did you finish last season?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    r we mates on Blizz? where did you finish last season?
    Low 2000s finish last season, placed like 2150 this season, the season before, 2706 -_- and nah, i just solo queue most of the time XD i only get home from work around 12:30 - 1AM EST.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Oh right. Gotta do placements tonight.

Wonder if I'll dip to high gold/low plat. Lost 200 SR between S6 and 7 and in both of those seasons I only did placements.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Salty af. Team starts with 2 tanks, 2 dps, 2 healers. Nice! Since we have McCree and Soldier, I go Orisa for shields. The first 1 1/2 minutes is 2 deaths for both McCree and Soldier, as instead of staying behind a shield, which I asked them to do after their first death's in separate, failed attempts to flank... They both flank again, away from the shield, and die. D.Va decides they suck, and switches to third DPS Tracer. We manage to take the first point, but alas, 3 DPS did not work out well on second point.

We swap to defense, and lo and behold, we've got 3 DPS again. Again, friendly, I ask for one to swap, we're on defense here, and I'm going solo tank, and it didn't work well for us previously. I'm pretty annoyed, as it's very clearly not working, we're getting anally violated because DPS aren't producing damage, staying behind a shield, or being useful. I straight up say "Hey, I'm going to swap to 4th DPS for second point, because this isn't working, but if someone tanks with me, I'm happy to be any tank." Silence, no one swaps, we get raped very quickly.

Then I'm told I'm toxic. And like, I wasn't rude, I wasn't mean, not overly polite, friendly, things weren't going well, offer to swap to whatever tank the team wants if we can just get a second one, so we have some staying power on defense... And people are angry at me. I'm honestly confused, is that seriously considered toxic behavior? Like, I'm pretty tired of being the solo healer or solo tank so other people can go trip dps.

BG Level

If people don't want to collaborate I'd either suck it up and roll with the punches or turn off voice comms/ignore chat. It's obvious they care enough to complain but not care enough to do anything else to benefit the team.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In situations like those, toss your hands up and say fuck it, you can't fix stupid. Accept the loss and move on, even if it sucks.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I managed to end last season at 1800 with some good friends. Which I am happy with considering I was stuck in the 1200s. Some of them got 700 right off the bat from playing with us in their placement matches.

Tried to play with three of them yesterday. We won one placement match and lost three.

To get an idea of what the games were like, in one there was a dude who was talking to his buddy on voice and saying he hasn't played in two season and that he was sure "a few practice games should warm me up."

Dude didn't even know who moira was or what she does and would be like not paying attention and asking all kinds of questions about her.

fuck this game sometimes.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

HOW DARE YOU PLAY WITHOUT ME KSANDY

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I deleted this game off my PS4 last night after my 5th placement match. :/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    HOW DARE YOU PLAY WITHOUT ME KSANDY
    YOU NEVER ON, BITCH

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    I deleted this game off my PS4 last night after my 5th placement match. :/
    Tired of the usual lack of caring for a real team comp by people or did something else happen?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RIP Mercy

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ic/20760768026

With this latest PTR update, we’ve made the following hero changes:

HERO UPDATES

Junkrat

Concussion Mine
    Will now deal less damage to targets farther away from the explosion’s center

Developer Comments: Junkrat has been enjoying the flexibility his double-charge Concussion Mine provides, but it has now become a bit too easy to throw out huge bursts damage in a large area. With this change he can still dish out similar damage but he must now be more accurate with his tosses.

Mercy
    Valkyrie
    No longer makes Resurrect instant
    No longer grants a bonus charge of Resurrect
    The speed boost that Guardian Angel receives has been decreased by 50%
    Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds

Developer Comments: Mercy’s recent Resurrect changes have helped in allowing enemies to have more counter play in dealing with her, but she was able to use Resurrect through Valkyrie enough to largely mitigate the impact of the previous changes. Additionally, we’re toning back the amount of mobility Valkyrie provides through Guardian Angel and reducing its duration to overall reduce the power of this ability.

We will likely be iterating on these changes in the coming weeks.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You know, I'm not against nerfing mercy but thats so hard its making her a troll pick. She's worthless at that point.

50% Slower, 25% less duration, still a single charge, no instant use. Literally makes her absolutely garbage tier in the mid fight and even as an ult user. Damn.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

those changes to Valkyrie sound painful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You know, I'm not against nerfing mercy but thats so hard its making her a troll pick. She's worthless at that point.

50% Slower, 25% less duration, still a single charge, no instant use. Literally makes her absolutely garbage tier in the mid fight and even as an ult user. Damn.
    I don't mind her getting nerfed, but it really does seem like overkill. Just get it over with and remove the rez completely and replace it with something new since that's the main problem people have with her.

BG Level

I'm just baffled they still keep rez considering it's the core problem with her it feels like.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'm just baffled they still keep rez considering it's the core problem with her it feels like.
    This, blizz can’t seem to acknowledge or really has 0 idea what to do with her if she has no rez. But i do think she kind of deserves it, Mercy picks have recently won games a bit more than usual. I still feel like her hitbox feels smaller or misleading considering her pose while in valk form. Personally, it was either nerf the shit out of valk, or fucking nerf how absurdly fast she gains ult charge, holy shit she gets it so damn often. She erases punishments too often in that form.

Junk’s nerf also is very well deserved.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I can still do more healing on her than any other class. As much as it pains me to say it, I'd rather they remove the regular res, and maybe give her the two during the ult or something.

I get it's an issue where they want to balance her with the other healers, but this isn't going to do it.

BG Level

For me I just don't think rez belongs in a game like Overwatch. I'd rather see some kind of burst AOE heal/HOT or something else to help a team out in an intense situation. Not a big undo button

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

No need to dump the second rez. The movement slow and Rez slow are enough, IMO.