+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Welcome to competitive gaming. Know that your opponents are going through the same shit. It's going to be a coin flip unless someone has higher mechanical skill to carry their team.

Funny though during my limited play time as of late - Hanamura. Defend 1st, hold 2nd point without giving up a tic. Attack, lose a player after initial push. Somehow secure 1st point to at least get a draw. Somehow get a tic on the 2nd point for the win 5v6. And that is why you never give up.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

It is weird how selective Blizzard is with what they respond to. I know I've seen 2 threads asking for a LFG system with 200+ votes each which were never touched on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just had a Sombra go 3rd DPS, then proceeded to leave chat right off the bat. Alright... About two minutes later, while five people on our team is dead, the Sombra decides it's a good idea to go 1v6 and use EMP.

Yeah, I called it out. The response was "I was breaking their shields." ... When 5 of us were literally not on the map, and six of them were on point. Headscratcher. I said as much. Their response: "Obviously I have a better understanding of how this works"

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Don't feed the trolls XD

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have a 60.0% win percentage this season (24/40) and yet I am down 94 comp points total from placement. How does that make sense?

Overwatch Dev team is bad at making a stable, consistent and competent competitive system and are stubborn and refuse to address concerns?

BG Level

Both would be my guess

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    I have a 60.0% win percentage this season (24/40) and yet I am down 94 comp points total from placement. How does that make sense?
    Forget about the multiple reasons why it makes perfect sense because I don't really care to explain how ELO works to people just trying to complain, but what you said is entirely irrelevant because your seasons overall record has no direct correlation to your net SR post-placements. You could have went 10-0, 9-1, etc, meaning your record since placements would be under 50% and therefore expected to be a lower SR.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What is the deal with McCree players? I can't run into a good one, on either team, almost ever. It seems like 90% of McCrees have an identical game plan: Get ult. Slowly attempt to flank the enemy team, die once or twice, then finally succeed in flanking them, for that big Deadeye... That nets maybe 1 kill, maybe 2. I mean 2 picks is good, but it's less good when your team loses 4 people while you're off dying / attempting to flank, resulting in several wasted minutes and at least one wasted ult.

I mean on my team, I know that I'm not gonna try and follow them to heal them, because that leaves 4 other people without a healer. And if it's on the enemy team, we just win.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Well that was fun.. guess I'll try tomorrow night or later in the week. Wanted to log in an do Arcade to get boxes and see if I could pull the new D.Va skin, if not I was going to buy it. I want Gothic Lolita/Kitty Mech D.Va! :sadface:

Proceed to lag so badly I can't control my character. It's literally walking itself, falling through ramps, getting stuck against walls over and over and over when I'm trying to walk through doorways. Spaz jumping after I jump once... reloading multiple times with one press. I thought if I relogged I might get a better connection. Nope. Thought it was just the new map, so I tried Mystery Heroes. Nope. I gave up and logged out. Least I got 4/9 wins so I got to open one box + one level up box. *sigh*

I got PotG on Sym which was interesting to see. You could see how badly I was lagging in it. Camera would jerk in place a bunch then all the sudden be facing a different way.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Played Blizzard World arcade yesterday for loot boxes. I mostly played fill (healer, imagine that lol), but it was overall pretty fun. Map layout is neat/fun. My biggest issue is how dark it gets when you get to the last (inside) part of the map. It was almost impossible to see. I kept worrying if I was going to walk off the edge. Not sure if it's supposed to be as dark as it was for me, or if it was a PS4 issue.

Got spawn camped as Zen by a Sombra one game (we won because the other 5 on our team were better than their 5) which sucks as usual. Had another game where we rolled the other team with me solo healing as Zen. Also took me awhile to get used to controls/aiming again due to not playing in so long.

The most important thing from the play session is that I got my Cat D.Va in one of the last 2 boxes (Arcade + level) I got.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I got some special salt this time around :D

Comp match, 3 people instalock DPS. A girl starts calling out one of the people who hasn't chosen yet, saying "I have to go DPS because that person was fucking trash last match." The called out person responded with "Oh no not this fucking cunt again.", which like, that escalated very fast. I politely asked to not be left to solo heal, no changes, and more squabbling and name calling. Asked one more time, after first death, please swap, I need help healing. No response, just people trickling in.

So I swapped to 4th DPS. Triggered the girl, "Reporting you for throwing our match" "I bet this is your main account, I am going to get it banned, that's going to suck for you.", requesting everyone report me for throwing in game chat. This is within say, sixty seconds of a match starting. I have never enjoyed leaving a match so much.

Is this generally considered an asshole thing to do? I mean I was polite, I chose a healer when we had 4 DPS at that point to try and sway someone, was nice when I asked for a co-healer.

BG Level

Not really. Plenty of times where as a healer I thought fuck it and played something else since I knew the team was a lost cause. 4 DPS and failed to cap, let alone touch first point? I'd rather just give the other guys a win and get this shitshow over with instead of having 4+ DPS mains bitching and pulling the "It's not me that sucks, it's you." card.

BG Level

So I'm trying to get back into the game since FOTM in GW2 is starting to burn me out. Anyone have any good exercises/advice to start aiming better with Zenyatta other than the practice range? In comp I average around the low 30s which I believe is where I need more improvement.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There's really nothing people can say other than practice for aiming with a projectile hero. You have to lead targets and most are different speeds.

However if you want to play Zenyatta better force yourself to do nothing but hold right clicks for an entire game, and get used to using melee to cancel the charge if it doesn't materialize. You never really want to be spamming single shots very much.

BG Level

Thanks. Someone also said to throw myself into FFA which sounds like a good way to learn survival

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Why can I not get a DPS to change to Pharah when the other team has no hitscan? It's like "Hey, wait, they have no hitscan. You can do whatever you want on Pharah." and instead, like a Genji will 1v6 the other team repeatedly. Like they can't be that out of touch? Like unless you're god among Genjis, no hitscan = Pharah can literally just fly and randomly shoot rockets and win, but they just won't do it. Then the 2nd healer will go 3rd DPS, not Pharah either, and it just gets worse -_-

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Overwatch - Winston wins the dive contest at the OW World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Why can I not get a DPS to change to Pharah when the other team has no hitscan? It's like "Hey, wait, they have no hitscan. You can do whatever you want on Pharah." and instead, like a Genji will 1v6 the other team repeatedly. Like they can't be that out of touch? Like unless you're god among Genjis, no hitscan = Pharah can literally just fly and randomly shoot rockets and win, but they just won't do it. Then the 2nd healer will go 3rd DPS, not Pharah either, and it just gets worse -_-
    It’s not just the hitscans that deal good with Pharah, D.Va super hard counters Pharah as well. Moira for some reason can reach Pharah too, and a discord on Pharah, D.Va has a field day. I rather deal with a squishy hitscan over a Dva any day as Pharah.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    It’s not just the hitscans that deal good with Pharah, D.Va super hard counters Pharah as well. Moira for some reason can reach Pharah too, and a discord on Pharah, D.Va has a field day. I rather deal with a squishy hitscan over a Dva any day as Pharah.
    The number of D.Va's that hound Pharah is rare as fuck. Moira can only touch her if she's relatively nearby, so I spend a good chunk of time killing her, but if she stays far away well enough, she's untouchable. To be honest, I'd much rather have a Widow to deal with her. But I don't think it's surprising or out of the question to ask a DPS to go Pharah when the other team has no hitscan. Then again, this is a game where someone threatened to throw if we had a Sym, would go widow and aim practice. Had Sym, defended point A, Sym went healer on attack, and the shithead went attack Sym, complained there was only one healer, never setup a generator or TP, just ran into death over and over, and when it ended a draw, went "Do what I say next time." Like... My brain hurts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries