+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    This is pretty much why I hated playing Mercy. Other than the "build ult and hide" strat being beyond boring, the amount of people that whine when you do/don't use ult is another turn off completely.
    This is part of the reason why my plan for Season 6 is to be a Sombra main. If I'm going to get bitched at, I might as well at least have fun.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    This is part of the reason why my plan for Season 6 is to be a Sombra main. If I'm going to get bitched at, I might as well at least have fun.
    I've been having a lot of fun on Sombra too. Strangely I'm better at her than I am with Soldier. Sadly there's a lot of dumbfucks out there that go "Guys Sombra's a support we need another DPS"

Playing QP on PTR. Reaper is an amazing pick now, Mercy is stupid strong. At first glance raise every 30 seconds seems iffy but it's such a powerful tool. Had a game of Nubani payload and they were cancer (Torb Sym) and just kept raising every time we killed them. Finally got a good push with Reaper Ult though. Then we kind of couldn't be stopped. They killed me as Reaper near the end and I was immediately raised. Basically unless you target the Mercy first, you need to kill people more than every 30 seconds to make ANY progress. Makes stall heroes a lot more viable.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've been having a lot of fun on Sombra too. Strangely I'm better at her than I am with Soldier. Sadly there's a lot of dumbfucks out there that go "Guys Sombra's a support we need another DPS"
    Thankfully the "we need a DPS, not support" doesn't come up often on PS4. lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Uh, you don't play Sombra with two supports. Doing so would just spread out the ult charge amongst three players and hurt your team.

If people are telling you your team needs another DPS because you're playing Sombra with two other supports, they're right. Your only value is building EMP for every push.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Played Total Mayhem earlier and I outhealed our Ana as Sombra (we were both the same character the entire match). I think they were playing it as a DPS mainly. lol

Also, is there any reason at all for people to pick Widow in Total Mayhem? I see her get picked far too often for how little the mode offers her.

Not really no. Same with Pharah. She gets virtually nothing from the mode and the low DPS makes kills even harder when everyone has 400+ HP. Basically Reaper and Junkrat are your main go to DPS in Mayhem. I see a lot of McCree but idk if he gets too much from the mode, though I suppose it's a good place to practice aim with the security of high Hp.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pharah gets to fly forever (which is good if you have a Mercy) and gets the knockback shot which matters in overtime. Her usefulness mainly depends on the other team's comp though. I think Doomfist is the most common DPS I see these days and he's fucking annoying to play against.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

so many doomfists and hanzos. I guess for never ending scatter shots. idk

Playing on PTR. It might be because no one is playing tanks and Dva's not a tank anymore but it feels like all the changes pushes the game into a hyper aggressive state.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Played Total Mayhem earlier and I outhealed our Ana as Sombra (we were both the same character the entire match). I think they were playing it as a DPS mainly. lol

Also, is there any reason at all for people to pick Widow in Total Mayhem? I see her get picked far too often for how little the mode offers her.
    Zarya is an absolute staple

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    Zarya is an absolute staple
    Zarya+ hanzo is the only way I can get kills

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Final match of the season, comp, got called toxic. What did I do? After like 8 minutes of getting rekt with no hitscan, as Mercy, I asked if we could swap a DPS to hitscan, because Pharah is destroying us.

Got told, in order: "stfu" "just play the game." When I pointed out, politely, that neither of our DPS heros was capable of hitting Pharah, nor or tanks, that pretty much left Zenyatta. Got called toxic. Ignored, went Bastion, killed Pharah 4 times in the next 3 minutes before we finally lost, because somehow our 2/2/2 ended up 4/1/1 with 4 DPS who were not hitscan.

Can we remove these people from the gene pool?

Death match and Team Death Match is live now for those interested. It's about as fun as you'd expect.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Uh, you don't play Sombra with two supports. Doing so would just spread out the ult charge amongst three players and hurt your team.

If people are telling you your team needs another DPS because you're playing Sombra with two other supports, they're right. Your only value is building EMP for every push.
    this ^

As a Sombra you'll want to hack as many Healthpacks as you can (as individual hacks dont often offer a lot of value, your EMP is far better), and build your Ult off your team picking them up. This is the "Pro" strategy, and really is just all sorts of fun if you can get a team who uses your healtpacks effectively.

Ideally an Ana or Mercy are best co-healers but Lucio and Zen can work if your team can make up for lack of heals with coordinated attacks with your EMP, assuming its a 2CP or cart push, winning these team fights with EMP should bring you victory despite a healing disadvantage. You can still shoot things, obviously, and be with your team for fights and such to build your EMP you're not just a cure bot, but usually with a Sombra she'll be treated as a "support slot", losing a healer for her due to the nature of building EMP.

I mean if you're in QP or Sub Diamond you'll probably not get enough cooperation for this to matter but its good practice :D

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Team deathmatch is the truth. Best mode they've ever added

Lol, 25% nerf to DVA's already shitty micro missiles. What the fuck are they even trying to do with her?

Yep. I just got her golden gun about two weeks ago and now she is basically useless. She is so easy to kill on PTR it's just sad. The other issue being with Reaper going to be more common with these changes, that really just leaves Rein, Orisa and Zarya as tanks. I'm not happy with these changes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not sure what they expected when Matrix was the only thing keeping her alive after they changed the HP/Shield ratio. I don't think Roadhog was ever nerfed this bad. He was just bad, not unplayable like it sounds like D.Va now is.

Been playing DVA since day 1, and if she goes live as nerfed as it's looking like they're trying to make her, it'll kill any desire I have to keep playing.

-Gold guns POST armor/hp/damage change

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast