+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

My 40% win rate in Season 5 didn't help me much. I think it recognized that I was playing with dumb dumbs that it gave me those 70 or so pity SR.

I also told my team during one game that I hate playing Mercy but I took a bullet for the team. At least Ana and lesser extent Zeny I have fun playing when it comes to supports.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

tyven, unfortunately we cannot queue comp together anymore as a result of that difference

but that's ok we mostly play qp anyway

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    tyven, unfortunately we cannot queue comp together anymore as a result of that difference

but that's ok we mostly play qp anyway
    Lol that is so fucked up

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i do have an alt though that i rarely play so i could technically use that to place and play comp but same thing would happen and we be parted

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've found my new joy in being the team asshole :D Solo healer and i asked for a 2nd healer or tank? no one responds, pure silence in voice and text? Your solo mercy is now going <insert available DPS>. Suddenly everyone gets very chatty! I quite enjoy when people get salty. I've just fully accepted that Blizzard will never do anything to promote any kind of team play in their game, and that being a team player basically ruins my fun about 70% of the time.

On the plus side, ive found I'm actually good at several DPS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i still don't get why you think it's blizzard's job to promote or encourage anything in competitive.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    i still don't get why you think it's blizzard's job to promote or encourage anything in competitive.
    Because it's a competitive mode that isn't actually treated as competitive. People will hapilly BS throw (run off the map and kill themselves repeatedly), or pick five DPS, etc. I just had a match where I picked Zen first, after waiting 10 seconds. Over the next thirty, people picked 4 DPS. The last guy spoke up and volunteered to tank, but he'd appreciate at least one more healer or tank as well. 1 1/2 minutes of silence. Yeah, I went Mercy instead of Zen to try and solo heal the clusterfuck. Of course it didn't work. Half way through the tank again asks one of the DPS to please switch, and the Doomfist volunteers that he can't, he's here to _practice_ Doomfist. For a competitive mode. When I asked him to please switch regardless, so we could win, he asked me to switch instead. I was Mercy, our only healer.

I don't want them to go nuts control on this, but they could do many things to promote people playing together. Or offer options like a Competitive Mode (VC) so only people who talk to each other get queued up. Like XIV gave special mounts to classes that weren't getting enough playtime, award three lootboxes if someone plays 10 matches a week as a healer, another three for tank. Anything to promote people playing competitive in a viable sense, where people work together.

I think this being a spiritual successor to TF2 and having a competitive mode is just a perfect cocktail for the most selfish people on the internet. When I did TF2 I did Arena and never had the same worries. Probably because of lack of epeen points. I almost refuse to do healer these days just because 1. I am much better at dps and tank, and 2. our DPS suck when I don't -.- At least as tank I can somewhat pickup lack of damage. At least until they butcher my Dva ._.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I think this being a spiritual successor to TF2 and having a competitive mode is just a perfect cocktail for the most selfish people on the internet. When I did TF2 I did Arena and never had the same worries. Probably because of lack of epeen points. I almost refuse to do healer these days just because 1. I am much better at dps and tank, and 2. our DPS suck when I don't -.- At least as tank I can somewhat pickup lack of damage. At least until they butcher my Dva ._.
    With TF2 you really didn't need a specific setup. You could pretty much play as whatever you felt like and still get results going minus a few things like having 2+ Spies and/or Snipers on the same team. Overwatch is pretty much the exact opposite of you need specific characters or you're just going to get slaughtered because you lack something.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I am about as laid back as they come, but jfc playing Mercy in a 4x DPS, 5-stack of 13 year old squeakers actively bitching the entire time on voice chat is ass cancer. Fairly similar dynamic has happened to me about a half dozen times thus far since S6 start. There is no rationale thought put into any of their commentary; my favorite are the folks simultaneously calling for healing and for me to hide, then freaking out when Genji finds me and uses Dragon Blade. You're not surviving that. If they have Winston, Tracer, and Genji vs our 1 tank / solo heal, I am going to get smoked.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

And this is why I can't wait til some sort of Mercy revamp hits.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    And this is why I can't wait til some sort of Mercy revamp hits.
    Same. Those changes make me want to actually play Mercy willingly. She was easily the most boring character IMO.

BG Level

Actually the worst thing to hear during hero select is "My main is a GM, Let me <x>" cuz ya know smurfs and paying another $40 to blizzard to play is how you show you have skill kek.

My biggest issue in season 6 so far has been stacks. Had a 4 stack that was blaming me for the reason we were losing. I was Pharah the other dps was on their stack as Junk. I wasn't doing great but neither was he. However mostly it was the other team just being very good. We'd go in as a group and they would wipe us out in about two seconds. The other team was just playing very well together. Tanks heals, they'd kill us all in moments. But no, entirely a single DPS fault. I've been hovering around 2900, which is where I ended last season. Crazy how immature people are even this high.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

there are shitty toxic people literally in every single tier

BG Level

Hopped on for the first time in over a week and wow DM is pretty fun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm with the people who are waiting for the Mercy changes. I already like playing Mercy, but being the first to be killed then not getting back in time to Rez, while 5 people scream about healing when you're dead... OK, no, that's not worth how I feel when I pull of a 4-5 rez. I don't even care or need the damage boost from her ult change, but being able to rez every 30 sec a single person youre close to + reset on ult use + 10 second timer during ult = I am so much more strategic and capable. I can heal Rein who's at low HP while flying over to a dead person, and rez them. Fun, strategic, and I can rez plenty.

BG Level

So any good aiming tutorials for someone if they suck at the "headshot ana only" crap? Feels like I can't keep my aim worth a damn.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

no easy way about it. pretty much a thousand factors play into your being able to aim well. the most important though is having the right mouse/grip and sensitivity. we're on a forum for an mmo so i wouldn't be surprised to hear if you said you had something like a naga. if you do then just keep in mind that something much simpler that allows you to move your mouse efficiently all around the pad is pretty important.

i went through an embarrassing number of different mice and mousepads (thank goodness for free returns on amazon) before i found the right one. the difference to me is like being in another universe.

I had the best placements this season overall (8-2) and placed low LOW plat but I had a few games where I've had people actively screaming at me to PLAY Junkrat.

Funnily enough he has the most playtime for me this season and is really good when played right (and 2nd mine is actual rape) but I never thought I'd have people screaming at me to play my "main" (LOL) when I'm trying to fill as a tank or healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast