+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    no easy way about it. pretty much a thousand factors play into your being able to aim well. the most important though is having the right mouse/grip and sensitivity. we're on a forum for an mmo so i wouldn't be surprised to hear if you said you had something like a naga. if you do then just keep in mind that something much simpler that allows you to move your mouse efficiently all around the pad is pretty important.

i went through an embarrassing number of different mice and mousepads (thank goodness for free returns on amazon) before i found the right one. the difference to me is like being in another universe.
    I have a G502 for OW and something else for MMOs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

definitely a lot better than a standard mmo mouse. the g502 was actually the first mouse i tried that made me realize i could aim with mccree if i tried. i ended up trying many more than that and only just recently i've found my "perfect" mouse. but if you're comfortable with it, then it's good enough. one thing i would advise is you want to be low enough sens for good tracking, but not so low you're constantly lifting the mouse to re-align during firefights. and also if you are lifting to make sure it's an effortless lift. i actually had to put a bit of tape on the right side to make sure i could grip it really well for lift.

the other thing that's really important is finding the "right" sensitivity. i'm not sure if you've ever tried to really focus on aim training and adjustments before but getting a low enough sensitivity to where you can track properly is super important. one thing you can do is check out the dpi/sens settings of some of the pro players and compare some of those ranges to get an idea of it. and if it's your first time doing that kind of stuff you'll find they seem very, very low and trying those settings out yourself is painfully slow.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ended my season pretty much at the gold/plat line. Lost 6 of my placements. Got put at 2700.

I am confused.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

for past couple seasons game was designed to put you under your actual level after placing so you could climb to where you actually needed to be. they undid that so you're closer to where you should be at. like that gif of the guy losing 8/10 matches and making masters anyway.

BG Level

I was hoping with summer being over and kids being back in school the game would be more tolerable, but people still seem like they spew shit every other game. Had a Zarya solo tank that whined at our Mercy going "Fucking Mercy mains only healing 200HP heroes"

Why is it everyone you run into, their first instinct is acid? Like instead of "Hey, Doomfist isn't really working, can you change?" or "I'm not sure about Lucio/Zen heal iwth our tanks" you get "Switch or I throw you fucking n00bs!!".

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Because the community is shit.

It's why I've avoided playing for months. I get angry playing because of what people do and how they handle themselves.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Unless you're in high diamond and above, most people will not play what fits but what they want. It's like that with any competitive game.

I still laugh at that one game last season where I was teamed with 3 other support mains. That shit was funny (high plat/low diamond).

Edit: oh being on the cusp of a rank sucks. 5 games in a row in a lower rank will remove your shiny icon for the pleb icon

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Placed 300 points higher than last season, and done once again for the season. Change came at the perfect time for someone who just does placements and quits. I kept losing 150 points every placement season cause of their low ranking bs, if it had continued I would have placed down a league this season. Now I'm almost back to where I was originally Season 2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah i think i placed like 2700ish in the last season i had played. was 3175 or something after this season's.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Because the community is shit.

It's why I've avoided playing for months. I get angry playing because of what people do and how they handle themselves.
    This, a thousand times.

You can't make a suggestion 99% of the time without getting insulted or having someone be extremely toxic. I'll get those games where you start with 5 DPS and be like "Hey, I'll Mercy or Lucio, but I prefer not to solo heal, can we get at least a tank and co-healer please?", on voice coms, casually. I'd say about 25% of the time, it works, and we get UP to a 3 DPS comp. Getting a not 3 DPS comp is super rare, way more this season than previous (~2200-2500 SR).

But it's more than that. It's... a sense of "I am going to do what I want to do, fuck you, I don't care how nonsensical what I want is, I'm doing it!" For example, had a 2/2/2, our Winston tank was getting shredded to fuck by Reaper. We lost the first round, but it was very close. I suggested, like "Hey, you did OK Winston, but they have a Reaper... and a D.Va! Why not swap to Zarya? You can cut through their D.Va easily, Reaper won't fuck you up as badly, and hey, we have a Pharah too, so barriers would help." "No." "Would you prefer to swap to healer, and I can Zarya? I want to counter their team and win." "Nah, we're fine, Reaper barely touches me." ... Went on, he didn't swap, and Reaper fucked him up pretty bad for the second time in a row, even with me focus healing him.

There's nothing in the world you can do to make people try and win seriously. It's more like "I'm just gonna play some OW, feel like being Hanzo tonight." If they stayed out of comp, or at least fucking WORKED with the team, and swapped and countered and such, OK... but no.

BG Level

Yesh sounds like I'm not going to enjoy doing my placements next week when I get off call. Though at the same time I can't really say I care that much. As much as I love the game itself the playerbase and Blizzard's randomness in balancing really are killing it for me.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You ended around diamond though. You'll end up +/-50 rating from your previous season ending. There shouldn't be much to worry about.

Though the upside with this season is Hog is actually half decent. Junkrat is cancer though. His maneuverability boost from conc mines have made him extra deadly that I'm getting sick of dealing with him. I think he is doing some good work against shield meta.

BG Level

Mostly due to plsying support which I'm kind of tired of. Though thinking more about it I'll probably hold off til the Mercy patch goes live since then I may actually want to main heal. I'm piss poor with Ana and current Mercy makes her the most boring hero.

If you want to be support yeah wait until patch. If not, do what you can now. Once that patch goes lives... Pharah will be cancer. Without DM to stop her, and a Mercy that can raise her every 30 seconds? Oh god... This is coming from a Pharah main. I once tried to tell a team not to focus too much on Pharah. She takes too long to kill. To focus their ground troops first that Mercy isn't healing and I'll protect healers as tank, because even the best Pharah can't 1(2?)v6. They got all pissy and said "Pharah keeps killing us we can't ignore her" and kept trying to kill her and failing while the rest of their team pushed the payload with no competition. *sigh* I'm going to miss Dva. Reaper will be a blast though.

BG Level

It's why I want to main Reaper. Let someone else deal with that BS combo.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wish there was some kind of match analyzer outside of recording six peoples play then watching through it all, cuz that ain't gonna happen.

Had an Illios: Well match, ended up 16 elims higher than silver, as Orisa. We won it by the skin of our teeth. I got a shit ton of boops, like 12+, we had 2/2/2 yet it went 99/99 and like 2 minutes of overtime. My question is how is it possible that your tank has 12+ boops and the match was that insanely hard? It's not like they were all 1 by 1, lots of 2 and 3 kills, with most of my team standing. How bad does the rest of the team have to be that that many tank kills doesn't produce an overwhelming victory?

I kind of feel like Bliz goes the SE route, at the end of the match they COULD show you a score card so you have a general idea of what happened. But then people would have lots of bad feels because they do badly, so no one can see anything, and everyone thinks they were the best. Shit is hyper annoying.

Easy. Your DPS sucked and you carried it. Which I am finding a LOT this season. Everyone wants to go DPS, sucks at it, and REFUSES to change. I started the season at 2900 and thought MAYBE I may finally make diamond but down to 2800 and keep bouncing around due to this BS and trolls. Update is going to make everything so much worse.

BG Level

Yea DPS tend to suck. If I have a pocket healer when playing Rein, I tend to be gold in damage done and gold/silver elims. I know playing DPS is probably the hardest skillset since you actually need to have the aiming mechanics down compared to swinging a hammer, firing Zarya's left click, or mindlessly aiming in a general direction while jumping on people as Winston.

I also freely admit I lack the mechanics to play DPS well unless it's Sombra. However, I also don't want to get yelled at so I will turn off comms in those cases.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

people still get mad at each other for picking sombra? not a surprise. still, i imagine the chances you see a sombra that knows what they're doing isn't very often in many tiers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast