+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Moria on the PTR. Tried her and her healing isn't too bad but DPS seems kinda meh. But the range is pretty insane (Roughly 20 meters).

Will be interesting to see where she lands in the game. I like her concept wise but she feels a bit lacking. But that could be just because I haven't seen her in action yet and probably won't until the hype wears.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I keep getting that stupid fucking rendering crash that everyone is getting. DId what the dev post said to do and it still didn't fix it. ;_; Crashed during a competitive match no less.

Fuck this is making the game unplayable.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Running an AMD card? https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...has_been_lost/

Not sure what else it can be since I don't have that problem with my GTX 970

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Running an AMD card? https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...has_been_lost/

Not sure what else it can be since I don't have that problem with my GTX 970
    Yeah, the dev post says to revert to an older version, too, and that still didn't fix it.

The worst part is you still get penalized. I got suspended for leaving the game.

So played around with Moira a bit. Initial thoughts? She sucks. Not really for me and doesn't seem to have a place.

After reading forums, doing a little research and playing her more thoughts? Holy hell does she have potential. She is currently the strongest healer in the game. Yes, stronger than Mercy. Her heal orb, while capped at 300 heals, is still ridiculous. Her spray is 80 HPS. Ana will be useful again. Not as a healer, but anti-heal lol. Seriously go play on PTR and you'll notice on a good team no one fucking dies. Has the downside of making bad DPS all the more apparent...

BG Level

So RIP to using her in QP from how it sounds

BG Level

So apparently a Top 500 one-trick Trob has been given a 24 hour suspension for "disrupting the game" according to Blizzard:

So does this mean I can report DPS mains in comp when we have no tank?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can try but I doubt anything will happen. XUR got ban't but apparently it turned out he went AFK after someone else picked torb according to r/overwatch.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    You can try but I doubt anything will happen. XUR got ban't but apparently it turned out he went AFK after someone else picked torb according to r/overwatch.
    Hmm that'd be a dick move if that's true.

Well one could help. I'm still trying to find a drive to do my placements.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

There is no system that Bliz has implemented that literally has any affect on the game in terms of toxicity / shit human beings. There are at least an easy 3 or 4 tools they could provide to players that was massively reduce toxicity, such as say allowing us to create a profile that says you'd like to queue with a specific balance (i.e: 2/2/2, or any other variation). They quite literally want it to be "The fun of the game is you can work together and make any comp work!", but no matter how much it's shoved in their face that in theory, it's lovely, in practice, it has made every competitive season progressively worse.

BG Level

All I'd really want is an LFG so I could find tanks and a scoreboard like TF2 to know who the dead weight actually is.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Blizzard is like SE in that regard. They want to hide numbers from people, because when you see who's doing well and who's not, things become more transparent, and then the poor performers can be singled out. This should be used to encourage people to find the teams weakness, and reconfigure to make it better.

Or I might just be bitter from a 5 game winning streak of 2/2/2, to a 5 games losing streak of 3 DPS. You just can't fix that shit with how things go.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Hmm that'd be a dick move if that's true.
    It is true because his teammates recorded it. He kept timing out and rejoining. At one point he said it was a "Torb only account."

https://streamable.com/hh7ro

Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...ing_this_as_a/

Blizzard looked into his account and said his ban wasn't because he was a one-trick. The GM's response was still shit though if that's the case.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Blizzard is like SE in that regard. They want to hide numbers from people, because when you see who's doing well and who's not, things become more transparent, and then the poor performers can be singled out. This should be used to encourage people to find the teams weakness, and reconfigure to make it better.
    In theory, yes, in practice well... yeah we see how well people care about team comp. However I still believe this game needs a scoreboard system of some sorts just to see if the off-meta really is the issue or if the S76/Junkrat/etc. is just plain awful. TF2 has a decent one where you get a point based on general actions around all classes and some class specific ones:

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Scoreboard#Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    It is true because his teammates recorded it. He kept timing out and rejoining. At one point he said it was a "Torb only account."

https://streamable.com/hh7ro

Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...ing_this_as_a/

Blizzard looked into his account and said his ban wasn't because he was a one-trick. The GM's response was still shit though if that's the case.
    Pretty much. If he was being a dick about leaving then yeah no sympathy. Though the GM response was pretty shit and missing the point completely then in that case.

I wouldn't be opposed to a scoreboard, however you know what will happen. I use medals to judge my personal performance when I am doing dps. If I am Zen with gold kills and damage? "Pssh medals don't matter" All a scoreboard will do is add another target and/or excuse for people to be assholes. I'm honestly not sure Blizzard CAN do anything to "fix" toxicity. Just seems to be a large section of people who play Blizzard games are terrible people who like being douche bags.

BG Level

So the "Guy sat in spawn because he couldn't play Trib" seems to be a mixup with another Trob main that was in Diamond.

Anyway IMO this incident shows how badly this game needs some QOL features instead of the matchmaking BS we got now. Top 3 things I want:

1. LFG tool so I can find tanks/healers instead of being one or the other in a 4+ DPS group

2. Avoid player since if someone wants to be a prick I should be able to avoid being able to get me on my team again. There has to be a middle ground for this.

3. A legit scoreboard to see if the non-meta is the issue or if the Genji taking 1000+ gigavolts and dying to Winston constantly is the actual dead weight. There will be no cure to toxicity but I'd at least like to see who is the real weakest link instead of assuming it's always the non meta.

Anyway now let's discuss something different: Jeff's totally legit OW panel at Blizzcon:

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Overwatch - Winston wins the dive contest at the OW World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post

3. A legit scoreboard to see if the non-meta is the issue or if the Genji taking 1000+ gigavolts and dying to Winston constantly is the actual dead weight. There will be no cure to toxicity but I'd at least like to see who is the real weakest link instead of assuming it's always the non meta.
    Besides the first 2 being extremely necessary, i like the way you think in this one, not just any scoreboard, but more like a scoreboard of how many kills that player has on player A-F, or say the face of the character currently in play. Because a torb in lunar colony is insanely strong, or well placed turret in eichenwalde by torb is really strong too.

Moira and PTR changes live. Nothing new or surprising outside of that.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

It will be nice not to see Mercy in every single comp now.

In other news, my SR has been in a free fall. Don't give that much of a damn. I rather try and get to a 50% win rate and call it a season.

Never use damage orb as Moira. The heal orb is fucking insane. Like with proper use, your team just does not die. I was in QP and we tanked a DragonBlade when I heal orbed and spammed her heal. Moira/Mercy Meta I could easily see. Two well together and you need crazy high burst damage.