+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

yo you bg people let me know if you want to do some comp fun at any point. I'm only 1200 rating but I am good just get shitting teams. I just got in a team of 5 kids who were all giggling and singing and I want to bash my brains in.

I main mercy, second tank, dps third. I'll do w/e I am needed to do but my mercy is pretty solid. I'm allyra#11761

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

sandy knows how my moira is. lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I wouldn't mind grouping up for comp. I want to give it a try but really don't look forward to solo queuing. I'm sure I'd get blamed by the 4-5 dps for the loss because I failed at healing. I mean, it happens in QP. (On a side note, I had someone claim I carried a group on Zen. I loled at the notion and just thanked him for thinking it.)

Anywho, I prefer Mei and Sym but normally end up playing a heal or tank because no one else does. I'm decent with Zen and Orisa. I'm rusty on Reaper as I haven't played (him) much.

My aim is iffy with Ana, but I've been playing with DPI on my mouse and in game sensitivity. Seems having it really high doesn't help as much as I thought it would. So I've been lowering it and my aim is getting better.

Anywho, just let me know. I haven't really been on my computer much lately to notice adds/invites on bnet.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Looks like they're nerfing Moria's RMB on the PTR. Can't find any notes but people have been mentioning it on the OF/Reddit but seems like you need to be more accurate similar to Zarya's beam.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

With Ana, she does best next to tanks. I'm usually point blank next to hog, rein, D.va during payload attack & hybrids. I'm seldom at long range since I want quick grenade activation.

I hover around 70%+ unscoped accuracy (higher when I'm exclusively healing tanks) and 80%+ scoped (drops when I need to put pressure on pharamercy). Ana can 3 shot either of them with her recent buff.

Healing with Ana is far more generous on hitboxes than attacking with her (the big triangle is basically your heal area) and generally sniping your own team isn't hard it just gives away your position. I wouldn't say Ana does best next to tanks but she is 100% easier to play the closer you are (and I've missed enough long range nades to know that).

Ana is a position monster, which means that in the right position you're unstoppable but otherwise you are literally an old woman. Hollywood Defence is a map I love playing Ana on since with smart lines you can heal for days and never get hit.

Unscoped at range is basically just luck but with practice it's better if you want to be a ranged Ana to practice unscoped since those can't be detected.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I always play Ana long range, playing it close to the tanks is just asking to get dived on. Also, if you wanna pracrice Ana, go to game browser, there is always Ana paintball game going on, shits fun as hell.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I'm comfortable dancing around tanks and their huge hit boxes and deploy-able shields. But that's my preference. I have been getting complimented for being a good Ana though DPS hate me because DERP DERP I DIVE Y U NO HEAL ME?!? "I can't see you" NO EXCUSE!

If people are willing to peel for me I'll play near tanks, but usually if I'm going to do that I'll play Lucio since I'm just a shift away from being able to peel for myself lol.

Usually you'll play healer near tanks and you'll just get fucked because no one is paying attention or protecting you, but from a distance you can see threats coming, call them out to your team and go to them for support if you need to or can't kill them.

There's no right answer to Ana positioning, it's something you gain from dying over and over again in bad places and I can't say I even 80% know where I should be since that also depends on where your team and enemies are.

tl;dr you Ana for life

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I had a group once where I picked healer (Mercy iirc, we had none) and the one on tank asked me if I could go Ana, if so he would go Rein and to just heal the heck out of him. I told him I can, but I'm not the best and that I really need to play her more. Someone else tells me to switch to Ana, they'll go Mercy, so I did.

Game starts, I'm the only healer now on Ana, guy on Rein immediately solo charges into enemy team and massively over extends and dies. Bitches at me in chat to HEAL HIM, it's not that hard a strat. Respawns, repeats. This continues with him running behind walls, corners, you name it. Eventually he flips his shit on me for failing to heal him and switches to DPS. So we had 5 DPS and me solo healing on Ana.

Even when I had los on him and was healing him, he'd drop like a rock because he'd just be swinging his hammer around while the whole team swarmed him.

These are the people I get teamed with. Then I get blamed for their stupidity, lol.

I'm pretty good at situational awareness, but that means nothing when you constantly get flanked and your team ignores them and then asks, "where's the heals!?"

Oh, I don't know. Dead, again, because you ignored the *insert heros* I called out/you ran right past.

Just sounds like a bad game, Rein charges are really easy to punish unless they're covered well or the Rein is smart. Charging is the number 1 way to die as Rein.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Just sounds like a bad game, Rein charges are really easy to punish unless they're covered well or the Rein is smart. Charging is the number 1 way to die as Rein.
    Pretty much. It's also another reason why I say I suck at him. I don't know when I should be blocking or swinging or when to charge. Doesn't help I have 0 faith in my team either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've been having a blast on Moira. Most games end up with gold healing and silver or gold elims, it's awesome. But then you run into know-it-alls who can't quite comprehend that Moira isn't purely about throwing out healing orbs.

Point in case, Route 66 on Attack. We're about 10 steps past the check point, four people on my team behind me, and the enemy team spread out loosely around the payload, waiting for us. I see our Reaper is behind them about 5-6 seconds away.

So, I hit Moira ult. There's no one in front of me to heal or anything, and the enemy team all stands on the same spot behind the payload, to avoid the beam. Our D.Va starts freaking out, "What are you doing!? You're playing like a DPS! That ult is for HEALING it's weak for damage!" ... "Team Kill!" because by forcing them all onto one single spot, and having the brains to hit tab and see Reaper had ult, I forced them into one spot, he dropped on them with Death Blossom and wiped them easily with the self-healing plus the last 3-4 seconds of Coalescence on him.

I'm like "That's why. I lined them up for Reaper and kept them up, it's not just for healing." "That's completely lucky that Reaper was there, stop being so aggressive, I need more healing!" "I'm not certain why you're angry we traded 2 ults for a Team Kill and got from Checkpoint A to B because of it, and it wasn't lucky, I know how to see where people are standing and who has ults" "Whatever man"

There's a very strict set of one-dimensional thinking that seems very common, that "What I see in front of me for one second is all that exists", and people have absolutely abysmal awareness of what's going on around them.

[edit] Next game, Silver elims @52, 24 Coalescence Kills, 5k healed, 25k healing total gold, still couldn't win... widow + soldier, and pharah decimated -_-

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Second time it happened. Logged in to play a bit last night, and no one loaded. Half the time the character I was on wouldn't even load so I had no clue who I was unless I looked at the abilities. (Was doing random hero arcade for boxes)

I was pretty much useless for a game and a half because I couldn't see enemies or friendlies. I didn't notice any lag issues like the gliding around/rubber banding.

Anyone else get this? If so... How the hell do you fix it outside of just being an ult sponge for a game+?

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks like someone figured out how matchmaking works. Long read, but worth reading as a lot of what they say seems accurate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...nderstood_the/

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Looks like someone figured out how matchmaking works. Long read, but worth reading as a lot of what they say seems accurate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...nderstood_the/
    If true I wish I knew what bliz wants out of my mercy because I can do 22k healing and still get stuck in a losing streak.

Is 22k healing really a 1200 rank? ;;

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    If true I wish I knew what bliz wants out of my mercy because I can do 22k healing and still get stuck in a losing streak.

Is 22k healing really a 1200 rank? ;;
    That seems like it should be way above 1200 rank. I generally don't see most healers getting that much healing done in Plat unless the games go real long.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

That’s where I am stuck at. I’ll win games to about 1290, just enough that I want another to hit 1300, then lose a bunch to the point I have to start over. I don’t always hit that mark but generally I span from 14k-21k. If it’s less it means either my team was amazing and barely getting hit, or we were getting wrecked so badly I couldn’t stay alive.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    or we were getting wrecked so badly I couldn’t stay alive.
    These are the types of games that made me decide to stop playing healer as much as I used to. It's bad enough they don't protect me, but then they usually bitch at you for one reason or another.

Also, looks like the previous Reddit post isn't true, even if it does seem like it at times.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c..._maker_is_100/

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    These are the types of games that made me decide to stop playing healer as much as I used to. It's bad enough they don't protect me, but then they usually bitch at you for one reason or another.

Also, looks like the previous Reddit post isn't true, even if it does seem like it at times.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c..._maker_is_100/
    Oh wow. that guy is a giant clown.