+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Got to bonus round 15 earlier with McCree, Soldier, Torb, and Zenyatta, but forgot to check the exp received. Had a couple crazy Deadeyes. 3x Reaper kill, 3x Mercy, and almost a 4x Symmetra but they all launched their shields at me.

I got about the same point as you today on normal. Yeah x4 Sym is bullshit. 5500 Exp... May not be worth it as a normal win is something like 4000 exp if I recall.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I got about the same point as you today on normal. Yeah x4 Sym is bullshit. 5500 Exp... May not be worth it as a normal win is something like 4000 exp if I recall.
    That's assuming your team isn't shit for brains and doesn't get rolled.

On Normal? Normal you can practically sleep through. I do Hard/Expert just because normal is so easy it's boring. Though I've only beaten expert once and didn't get the achievement. -.- Can't even imagine the no damage expert one.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    On Normal? Normal you can practically sleep through. I do Hard/Expert just because normal is so easy it's boring. Though I've only beaten expert once and didn't get the achievement. -.- Can't even imagine the no damage expert one.
    I've had some pretty bad teams. It's sad how common it is for a dumbass McCree to take the upper-left position and still manage to die.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Joined a custom Junkenstein's game today with all heroes. It also had a couple other mods. Note that any mods also affect bosses.

It was actually pretty fun. First time I went as Mei and was Blizzarding everything. We ended up not clearing all the bonus waves due to lack of damage. That game got laggy to the point where I would die but the game wouldn't show me as dead until I was about to respawn.

Next game I went as Mercy and we had a Pharah, Bastion and D.Va. We managed to full clear that one (15 bonus rounds). Only 2 deaths total near the end. Bastion that I Rez'd and Pharah that I couldn't find where she died. It gets real crazy near the end with how many bosses are on the field. Think I only got 2k exp, but I had a lot of fun so I'd do it again.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Haven't played in over a month. Hopped on to try and get some Halloween skins... first one I got... was 80's Zarya. I have enough to buy one skin, but I'm not sure which I want to get. I'm really torn between Dragon Sym and Jiangshi Mei. I do like Sym's Oasis skin I have, though.

I keep getting NON Halloween gold skins, so freaking frustrating. I got two gold in a box earlier, got so excited as they flew up in the air and landed... and it was two junk non-halloween skins. Then following that one, gold coin box. I did get Anna candy emote!

I watched Muselk's video of the custom game to see if "endless" was really endless... the end gets ridiculous.

BG Level

Huh I didn't know Blizzard took out the old RIP poses from this year's loot boxes for everyone except Reaper "because it didn't fit with the characters".

Also I need to ask, how do you guys deal with the stupidity of this game's playerbase? Trying to find a match without 4+ DPS feels like a pipedream nowdays. Starting to remember why I went back to GW2.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Also I need to ask, how do you guys deal with the stupidity of this game's playerbase? Trying to find a match without 4+ DPS feels like a pipedream nowdays. Starting to remember why I went back to GW2.
    Exactly the same: I went and played other games. I will say that playing quickplay has been nice since no one generally has cared about the team comp in the games I've played recently.

I have just accepted(for the most part) that comp is a slightly better quickplay and I can have very little effect on my SR. Floating around 2700. Was up to 2850 at the end of last season somewhat the start of this but as I thought Mercy update basically ruined comp. with Dva nerfed into the ground and any smart team able to hold a point for practically forever it seems like a lot less care about comp now and is basically a joke.

EDIT: Yep. Comp is a fucking joke now. Just had a game where we started with 4 dps, then people switched to good comp but then 3 seconds before round started switched to Torb and Sym. We didn't win.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I always want to comment on how much salt is in this thread but then I realize its the same two or three people over and over again and I don't.

BG Level

Yeah well I'm not afraid to admit I'm a salty fuck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm generally salty as fuck. Mostly due to being a healer main and getting stuck about 80% of matches as solo healer. If i'm not the solo healer, I'm the solo tank.

Salt got reduced after I realized 1-2 minutes in, if no one swaps to counter or improve the comp, that just means it's time for me to practice a DPS, it's a lot better than the frustration of having people bitch about not enough healing or how the single tank isn't protecting the entire team. It's almost as if they want to build comps that have the least synergy possible, let alone a stable setup. And I sincerely doubt that Blizzard will ever do anything to even moderately improve the situation.

Hell, doesn't HoTS have a thing where teams vote to ban a hero before the match? Better than nothing. Or a vote on comp. Anything, really, because each season has gotten progressively worse. 5 people working together, only takes one to throw the whole thing off balance.

[edit with salt] Had a great defense on Volkskaya. That is, after the solo-heal Zen swapped to Junkrat, leaving us with 0 healers, people swapped and we defended properly. The Junk didn't do well, but the Mercy + Sym made things work. On attack, Reinhardt, D.Va, Genji, Junkrat, Mercy, Ana. That didn't work well since no one could kill Pharah and she spawn camped. For 3 minutes. DPS wouldn't switch. D.Va did her best, but after the first death, people just screamed at each other and refused to swap. Eventually I went Soldier with a minute left, she died, but really, that didn't make a difference.

People have reasons for being salty.

Oh god I'd love a hero ban in comp. Every game would ban Mercy, and it would be glorious haha. I get salty about half the time, because I want to win and having 5 dps all screaming at each other gets old. The other half the time I accept there is nothing can do and stop caring about pretty much anything and enjoy myself.

Not to mention endless Raising...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

On the topic of salty, today has had several gems.

- Nepal. First five picks: Mercy, Ana, D.Va, McCree, Genji. Nice, have two healers, a tank, a hitscan DPS and Genji. Could use a second tank, preferably a shield one. 6th person takes a minute to chose, goes Mei. Welp, OK. Sadly, the other team had Pharah, and McCree couldn't kill her. Naturally, she destroyed our team as she was unhindered and had Mercy treating her well. Round two starts, I offer to swap off healer to be a shield tank, if someone else will grab healer. The Mei, who wasn't doing particularly good or bad, bitched about the DPS. I was friendly and suggested our hitscan could use a shield to hide behind to deal with the Pharah who wrecked us. Told us it wasn't a tank problem, and he wasn't playing a DPS anyways, so he saw no reason why he should switch. Fair enough, all three DPS were doing about the same, not very well, but not horrible. Genji was doing the best, and didn't want to swap, rightfully so, also has good synergy with Nano Blade. McCree was there to deal with Pharah. That leaves Mei, who's "not a DPS" but certainly nothing remotely like a tank. Clearly the weak link. Of course there's no changes at all, Mei talks shit, and after we lose, proudly states "I know I'm not shit. This wasn't a tank problem. You're all shit." And I mean, OK. But that's someone who doesn't play with the team remotely, doesn't have a single polite or constructive word to say, and nothing anyone does or says will be able to convince that person to play with the team.

- Lunar Colony on Defense: 2/2/1, someone asks the Pharah to tank, and they go Rein. Unfortunately, shit play, and we lose the first point in the first minute. Rein, being the first to die, instantly swaps back to Pharah. When their co-tank and healer ask to please stay tank, it was one death, the Pharah complains everyone sucks to much (It's been about 60 seconds). We get blown up quickly without our shield tank as the enemy team pushes straight through. Pharah basically does nothing. We lose the round, queue Pharah calling out every team member for sucking, making fun of them, and talking about how they're superior. Not in a funny, or I'm fucking around way, guy is dead serious, but kill feed shows he barely scratched anything. Everyone's pissed at him, no one wants him to Pharah at this point, but myself and the Mercy calm people down and try to play around him. Unfortunately, now we're stuck with 3 DPS, one of whom is certainly severely tilted and raging, and you can guess how things go from there.

The only conclusion I can come to from this stuff is that once someone is slightly tilted, from the previous game, or five games previous, there is nothing you can possibly do to sway them to the most basic logic, they are quite literally lacking the mental or emotional capability to be reasoned with. Basically once I see things going that way, I mute voice/team/match chat, and practice a DPS hero. So any type of system that can be used to promote teamwork and that punishes the negative qualities would be great. I'd gladly accept 500 SR loss for a leaver, if Blizzard could make a system that can tell the difference between a disconnect and a leaver. I want to play fun games, even if I lose, not "Guys, don't worry, Mei is basically a tank, Roadhog can self heal, Soldier can help heal, so a Zen as our solo healer isn't that nuts, and Tracer's Recall restores her health too, everyone is self sufficient except McCree."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Non-Salt!

Dorado on Defense. I'm first pick after about five seconds, Sym. Then in this order: Hanzo, Soldier, Junkrat, Reinhardt and finally ... Zenyatta. I said "Hey, how's it going?" when I picked. Everyone else was silent. Ran out to get in position. "I picked Sym first, but obviously we only have a Zen, so I'm not gonna be the asshole who doesn't swap, I'll go Mercy." One guy spoke up to say "Oh, I didn't even look at our comp, thanks." We get in place, and the Soldier offers to swap to tanking on Winston as soon as he dies, so we have 2/2/2. Nice. Our Hanzo gets picked in about twenty seconds, and swaps off to Mei. So now we have an OK comp, and I'm calling out as much as I can, saying when behind us is all clear, reminding them when opposing team is going to have ults, told a charging Rein I couldn't heal that, but I'd Rez him when he died while I was boosting our Junkrat who got two picks when the enemy team turned their backs to chase after Reinhardt. From the silence at the start of the match to what became four out of six people chiming in at least occasionally to call out at least one thing, when I had Genji on me Winston killed him literally by jumping in, I was like "Oh, nice, your landing killed him, Winston.", got a laugh.

Worked out pretty good, lost the first point barely, blocked them about 3/4ths of the way to the second point. On Offense, similar comp, the Mei went Soldier, the Winston went Zarya, the Zenyatta went Ana. Got a nice Nanoblade that helped us push most of the first point. Our Zarya called out their Graviton was coming a second or two early, which let me Ult on Mercy to mostly damage boost (since we had no ults outside of Graivton/Valkyrie), got four kills off it, one of them mine since Rein had his shield up, so I was able to get above him and help finish him faster, which meant no shield to protect the rest). Won by staggering them and sitting on the payload.

Great game, fun, most people talked, played together, the match was relatively close and the talking/teamwork really is what made the difference, because we almost got blocked at the first point. This from a team that had 0 people talk, a Sym/Zen/Rein and three DPS. Good shit. I try this almost every game when I'm using a headset, but honestly, it fails the majority of the time, because usually 1-2 people just will not go along, no matter what. Previous night, I had a duo queue that had a Doomfist. He would not change, and the other DPS was Reaper, his duo queue partner. Obviously neither could deal with Pharah, Doomfist was constantly flanking in places that were really bad and dying all alone and complaining. Four people asked one of the two DPS to switch, friendly and polite, but they simply wouldn't, just kept dying over and over far away from the team. I got lucky enough to play against them the following match, and sure as shit, Doomfist was doing his thing, refusing to change, and my new team was blowing him up amazingly. I'm not above trash talking, and when he tried to solo-ult me on Doomfist, he missed, then missed the follow up fist, and I shot him dead and took the time to type and call him out Point being, be a decent person, learn to play a couple of roles if you're going to play comp! Positive stuff happens

Trigun

Whatever that mini patch was a few days ago, messed up Junkenstein Endless.
    The 4th player gets booted and doesn't find a replacement.
    Just got to a 6th wave and it booted 3 of my team.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He's back

Spoiler: show

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Really good post by Modern (Former tank main for Flash Lux) on the current state of the game. Originally posted on Korean Bnet and translated and put on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive..._statement_on/

It's quite long, but is a really good read.

Yeah, I pretty much fully agree. I really do wish Blizzard would focus a bit more on the game aspect. However they've been boasting some big reveal at Blizzcon so let's see what that is, and hope to not be disapointed again.

Side note - I hate to be on the bash Mercy train but I was playing a Comp game and see a Mercy fly in raise her teammate and fly out almost before we could even target her. Decided to check GA time as I don't really play Mercy. 1.5 seconds. wtf?! One of the best dodge mechanics in the game and has a near instant recast. No wonder other support don't stand a chance. This and Genji is examples are part of the problem Blizzard faces. They're not "OP" as I don't feel any hero is OP, but they certainly have overloaded and some of the best kits in the game. There is no balance to others in their same role. -.-