+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Ana isn't trash lol, if you ask me she's gone up in healer ranks since Winston/D.Va isn't automatically every team's tanking line up.

Anti-nade is still powerful and Ana has the best burst healing in the game outside of Ults. Ignoring sleep darts which can either save you from a team wipe or guarantee a kill and she's as good as she's always been (minus the nade-nerf).

Ana + Mercy can make death ball comps nigh unkillable.

Yeah you're right I forgot about the anti-heal. That is still really useful. Just Mercy is so overwhelming a better healer than anyone else now. Rez is stupid powerful on a 30 second timer and her Ult used by a team who knows what they're doing can steamroll.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

my guess is they reduce invince duration or HP on the raise.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I can't believe I've been avoiding Roadhog all this time. Picked him out of frustration with my team, started scooping up healers first and literally turned the match around until we won. Dude's always been hard to kill but I didn't realize how hard it was unless you focus fire him.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The healing change (reduced damage & being able to move while using it) was a change for the better for him. He seems to be in a good spot again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

hog is finally in a good spot now but it'll just never be the same as the old hog. i can never have as much fun with him as i used to.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    hog is finally in a good spot now but it'll just never be the same as the old hog. i can never have as much fun with him as i used to.
    This the hook has been hung and I cant go back

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Hype as fuck, Envy was just confirmed to take Dallas spot in Overwatch League few days ago

Hog is decent with his buffs. He's insane with Mercy's. The Bastard never dies. It's a little frustrating but Mercy is basically mandatory now. Had one comp game earlier where we didn't have one and even before the first round was over we decided yeah, we need a Mercy. Resurrect is insanely powerful tool.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm usually that reasonable person in teams, not rude, if something isn't working, I'll ask to swap around, i'll swap, whatever.

Had a payload game with Winston/Mercy/Sym/Zen/Hanzo/McCree

Zen Hanzo and McCree get picked in under ten seconds of the first encounter (all pushing up way too far ahead). Whatever, Rez then Zen. Sym dies three times before getting TP, Monkey can't stand because the other team has a Reaper. Whatever, we lose the first point, and I ask to swap, because who needs a Sym after that, or even get the Zen to swap, or fuck it keep both and lose the Hanzo. We're getting destroyed. No one will swap, and I'm stuck as Mercy.

I boost the fuck out of the Hanzo and McCree as much of possible, but we literally can't get a kill. Lose, go on attack... check, Hanzo has a 40% winrate. The sym is going attack sym. So fuck that, i'm not healing that shit again. Hanzo starts complaining about how great he is, and I say fuck it, point out he has a 40% win rate. "Well, it was 55 before I started playing today and losing because of people like you." I'm trying to figure this one out, like, the 40% winrate hanzo is complaining about the Mercy.

So I joined the other side, went Sombra. The guy was enraged, non stop. So I just kept egging him on, pointing out he hadn't had an elim yet this round, etc. He went crazy, the whole kill yourself, you're an awful person, etc. I literally told him I was enjoying his anger, and he would scream about how not angry he was, and I'd drop in another comment about how he was dead again without getting an elim. It felt glorious

Haha sorry about the shit game but yeah I do the same thing. I had a QP, game earlier where we're on defense Hollywood and destroying them. There's a guy on the other team "This Mercy update is the worst one ever". "Oh my god I want to kill myself." "No one can kill Mercy now." I check, he's a fucking Pharah. I tell him that "You're a fucking Pharah stop whining." "I'm not whining." Just kept egging him on. He sees I'm playing Pharah(and destroying them.) "The guy who told me to stop whining because I'm Pharah is playing Pharah." Told him this update was nothing but good things for Pharah as her biggest counter got a massive nerf and her biggest synergy got a massive buff. The stupid ass didn't believe me lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

People in general aren't stupid I think so much as they completely and utterly lack any objectivity when it comes to their play. You can't say anything but positive things.

Just had a Winston say he was diving in. I quickly went "No! Reaper's on point and they have Bastion" ---> 2 seconds later he dives in. My choice is "Stay back and live, and get blamed for not flying in with Winston to certain death (even if he had healing nade + me and an ana healing him, he stood about 0.00% chance of surviving more than 1 second.

He died, OK, mistake. Did it two more times. Got bitched at for A) not diving in with him, then after, B) bitched at for diving in with him. When I pointed out that "Hey, like I get you need to dive on winston, but Reaper was there hardcountering you and Bastion, that's not a good idea." they got all pissed, his job is to dive, mine is to keep him alive. OK guy.

As a Mercy, you're just going to eat shit. I alternatively get told I'm the best Mercy people have played with one game, the next, the absolute worst ever. Mostly losses have one thing in common: Everyone is way too far apart. Anytime I'm winning, team is relatively close together, within range of each other, and I can heal people. If they spread out, you're basically done. It's not tough logic, just be within range of the healers, or at least 2-3 seconds max. But that just doesnt click in some peoples brains.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Was playing with a friend Friday night. I was on Mercy, we were playing some Junkertown. Junkrat is constantly running in solo and dying immediately in a place here I can't res him. He says in match chat "other team Mercy stop resing. Our team mercy start." I reply "our junkrat stop running in solo."

Go the rest of the match and we win. Friend of mine didn't die the entire match and was complimented for my healing. Junkrat apologizes for being a dick and then compliments me as well.

Just glad he realized he was being a fucking idiot.

I... I don't know what to say. Are you sure you were playing Overwatch? lol seriously though glad the Junk was respectful after he got called out. It's nice to see players like that. Albeit rare.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

PTR change in the works where using your ult will set it to zero instead of rapidly losing the charge.

BG Level

Yep I think I waited too long for my placements. 3 loses, 1 win, and 1 tie. All losses were for pretty much my team having the coordination of a dead chicken or the IQ of one.

I think the one that takes the cake though is when we had a balanced team, yet nobody coordinated. First round I was Lucio and 2nd Zenyatta. I managed to get gold with 6 Elims and 4.4K healing.

The past couple months of this game have been a little... disillusioning. While the Mercy changes were good... for Mercy. They were bad for literally everyone else. They made Mercy a mandatory pick. She has more than double the pick rate of the next highest hero(D.Va) over the last month. Meanwhile I hate D.Va now. I can't even force myself to play her because I feel useless. She dies so fast and can't protect anyone. Then when I fight D.Va's she is the first I go after because she is an easy kill. Meanwhile DPS heroes remain a very unbalanced scale of power vs each other.

I still enjoy playing the game and while I do comp because it's the fastest exp and gives a decent GOOD game 65% of the time, I don't put much weight into my rank because of trolls, DPS who refuse to change and suck at their job, general unbalance and many games that basically are the same thing. FFA DM is fun to play but my good every game is 2-3 Genji and/or McCree, 1-2 Roadhog a Junkrat or two, and a couple of random picks.

BG Level

Once I climb back into diamond or fall hard I'm going to be in the same boat since next season I'm excepting Comp to be QP

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

NRG's OWL Team is stacked. Sinatraa, Danteh and IDDQD all on the same team. I'm not familiar with the other names since I only watch a few streamers.

https://dotesports.com/overwatch/ove...r-reveal-17680