+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I thought Hanzo felt like a bigger prick than usual...
    Oh he always was.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Oh he always was.

I was thinking of another word:

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As someone who enjoys seeing Dallas fail, their match against SF was great.

SCATTER IS GONE!!!!!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...-18-2018/72390

HERO UPDATES

Genji

Deflect

Hitbox size has been reduced

Developer Comments: The hitbox on Genji’s Deflect was big enough that it would sometimes reflect projectiles that were pretty far away from him. We’ve tightened up the hitbox, which should solve this problem while still fully protecting him from projectiles that would hit him from the front.

Hanzo

Storm Bow

Projectile speed increased from 85 to 100

Sonic Arrow

Cooldown decreased from 20 seconds to 12 seconds

Duration decreased from 10 seconds to 6 seconds

Radius decreased from 10 meters to 7 meters

New Abilities

Lunge

Press jump while in the air to leap horizontally

Storm Arrows

Replaces his existing Scatter Arrow ability

Hanzo can now rapidly fire up to 6 arrows that deal reduced damage but are always fired at full power

Developer Comments: The goal of these Hanzo changes is to allow him to have new options and maintain his high damage output, while removing the frustration of fighting against the old Scatter Arrow. Hanzo is now much more mobile with his new Lunge ability, and with the combination of the bow projectile speed increase and the new Storm Arrows ability he can now deal his high damage more consistently than ever before.

Junkrat

Frag Launcher

Projectile size decreased from 0.3 to 0.2

RIP-Tire

Tire movement speed decreased from 13 to 12

Developer Comments: These changes are aimed at lowering some of the most frustrating parts about playing against Junkrat. Decreasing the Frag Launcher’s projectile size means he will have to aim a bit more carefully to land powerful direct hits and slowing the RIP-Tire’s movement speed gives his opponents slightly more time to destroy it before it detonates.

Lúcio

Wall Ride

Wall riding is less likely to be interrupted along a single surface

Can now go around corners (both outside corners, and inside corners) without having to leave the wall

Can now land back on the same wall after leaping away, provided his leap takes him far enough away from the original jumping off point.

Soundwave

No longer consumes ammo

Developer Comments: Wall Ride has been significantly overhauled to allow it to function more smoothly across more areas of every map. Lúcio players should instantly notice a huge improvement in where and how Wall Ride can be used. In addition, Sonic Amplifier’s Soundwave ability was unnecessarily controlled by both a cooldown and an ammo cost, so we’re removing the ammo cost.

Tracer

Pulse Bomb

Max damage decreased from 400 to 300

Developer Comments: Pulse Bomb was too good at killing tanks, who can be easy to stick due to their size. This damage reduction makes it less powerful as a tank-destroyer, while keeping it lethal against most other heroes.

GAME BROWSER AND CUSTOM GAMES

General

Mercy’s Regeneration (passive ability) can now be turned off in Custom Game settings

Settings for Hanzo’s Lunge and Storm Arrow abilities can now be found in the Custom Game settings

BG Level

>Tracer getting a nerf of any kind

Holy.

WTF?! Hanzo is.... fun now! His jump is amazing and the quick shot is great.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Early developer discussion of upcoming changes to Sym (nothing definite, all things subject to change, etc):
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...upport/81544/3
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...by_devs_today/

We currently have moved her to Defense. We tried a healer version which had her turrets healing instead of dealing damage, but it felt super awkward, especially with how fast Overwatch moves.

That said, we are playing with a new way her turrets deploy. Instead of having to stick them directly onto a wall herself, she can now fire an un-deployed version like a projectile, which sticks to walls/ceilings/etc. Once it sticks, it will unfold like it does on the wall currently when she builds them.

This helps for a bunch of reasons but one of the big ones is that it makes it a lot easier to play her on offense or just be able to preposition her turrets much more easily/quickly.
    Currently they will travel effectively infinitely in a straight line. (think of them like Pharah rockets). The projectile speed isn’t super fast though so enemy players can see them coming. They can’t currently shoot them out of the air though, but we’re still iterating and may allow this.
    We’ve lowered the max number to 3 (both that she can hold and that can be deployed), but we’ve increased their damage and slow potential. They also have 30 health currently, though that number will probably change over time as we test. They still die quite easily but there is a significant difference between dying to any damage and just having very low health.
    So far we’ve found the turrets to be much more powerful this way, not less. Keep in mind its almost like you’re deploying 2 turrets at a time now, since they are more powerful individually. You lose a little bit of map coverage, but overall the turrets are actually more impactful, not less.

Plus spending less time re-deploying turrets frees you up to do other things at the same time, rather than spending so much focus on moving around trying to keep your turret nest up somewhere useful.
    We’re still trying some things but whats working pretty well right now is her primary fire changed to no longer lock on but works as a straight beam that is fairly thick and has increased range. It still has the potential to gain extra damage by dealing damage like it does now, but instead of going 30/60/120 dps it is currently 65/130/195 dps. However, it now takes a combined 2 seconds of damage to ‘level up’ to the next tier of damage instead of 1 second. This means the weapon has significantly more potential but it is more difficult to get it to max power. Also, when hitting a barrier it currently generates ammo instead of consuming it. This means not only is she good at taking down barriers themselves, but she is good at just generating charge off barriers and using that charge to take down enemies as well.

Her alternate fire is still a charge-up large projectile, but it has a bunch of important changes as well. First off, it charges to max charge in 1 second, down from 2 seconds. Next, the projectile speed has increased significantly, currently it has changed from 10 m/s to 30 m/s. Lastly, instead of piercing enemies, it now impacts enemies/environments and explodes, dealing area damage around it. We’ve been heavily iterating on how much damage this ball deals now, but a direct shot has been hovering in the area of 130ish, with a large % of the damage coming from a direct impact (rather then the explosion).

I’ll say it here again, we are still pretty heavily iterating on this stuff so this is all subject to change, but we like to try to give you guys some insight as to whats going on with her rework as it stands today.
    Her teleporter is moving to her E ability and the Photon Barrier is moving to her ult, but these have massive changes as well.

The teleporter now works as follows: You place the exit like you normally do, except that you can place it up to 25 meters away, instead of only right in front of you. When you place the exit, the entrance automatically gets built right in front of you instead of at your spawn. It lasts only a short time but allies can use it freely as they normally do, but there are some new things that can teleport as well. We’re experimenting with what works and what doesn’t but currently you can teleport things such as Torbjorn turrets, D.Va’s exploding mech, Junkrat tire, etc. This has lead to some sneaky/fun plays that are really unique to her. It also allows you to get onto high ground on offense with a comp that might otherwise have trouble doing so. The health has been lowered to 300 and the entrance is now attackable as well. If either die, the other is destroyed as well.

Her Photon Barrier has moved to her ultimate and is now very different as well. Instead of placing a moving barrier, she places a static barrier wall that effectively is infinite in size and has 5000 health. She places this wall much like Mei places her Ice Wall, which means you can place it at some range and you can also change the orientation.

This is all fairly early still and we’ve only recently started working on the visuals/animations/sounds etc, so its still a little ways out. I don’t have an ETA on when you guys will get a chance to see and/or play with this but hopefully it wont take too long.

BG Level

It's a bad time to be a tank.

What the actual factual fuck with some of those Sym changes. Teleporting D.Va Ult for example.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I’d love that, honestly, her ult is kinda bust like McCree. Junkrat however, lol.

I’m sure these will go through more changes but personally changing her weapon so drastically might make a lot of people upset, I know what they’re doing and why, but it definitely changes a huge identity of the character.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Hilarious part is that I was talking with my GF a few days ago and proposed a hybrid variant of almost all the changes.

I proposed her main fire changing to a straight line beam that either ignored barriers or dealt extra damage to them, having an ult that denied an entire area via shield or wall, and changing her teleport to have a much higher mid-game impact. They kinda did a version of all three.

I didn't have a good idea for turrets other than potentially being able to "equip" them onto actual teammates (think attaching turrets to DVA or Winston that act as "options" and fire on foes as they engage in range), but throwable turrets fill essentially the same niche. The alt-fire change is nice, because Sym spends FAR too much time setting things up instead of fighting, and having to hold down 2 seconds to fire a slow ball of pathetic was just lame.

Obviously they'll rein in some of the strength of these proposed changes but I'd swear that Blizz were listening to my water cooler talk. I feels pretty awesome when something ironic like this happens.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Season 10:
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21707376#whatsnew

Brigitte is now up, and Rialto on May 3rd.

The OF is losing it's shit. Everyone is non stop whining saying the game is ruined because of Brig.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    The OF is losing it's shit. Everyone is non stop whining saying the game is ruined because of Brig.
    Off on some but gotta love the pattern:

Season 3: Tank Meta is killing the game
    Season 4: Roadhog is killing the game
    Season 5: DVa is killing the game
    Season 6+: The dive meta is killing the game
    Season 10: Brig is killing the game

So how much did Brig shake up competitive? Haven't tried S10 yet.

From what I've seen about what you'd expect. I've only done a few games. She's a very balanced hero so strong pick but the couple games I've had against her or had one on my team, she either does strong or gets countered and switches. So basically... Any other hero as long as you know how to fight her.

BG Level

But that can't be. Brig is an OP hero that wins all 1v1s! /s

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've only watched IDDQD play a few games as her in comp this season, but I don't think she's as OP as the forums make her out to be. I agree that her stun cooldown should be increased, but the biggest thing seems to be that she rewards teams staying together and punishes opponents that don't. I know that should be common sense, but it's more obvious with Brigette. Games would either be easy wins or frustrating losses depending on if the team worked together, balanced matches didn't seem common.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I watched IDD too, and I've come to the same conclusion. She's powerful like Ana was, in that she fits a very small handful of comps VERY VERY well. Not powerful like Mercy who basically fit anywhere and got huge value.

BG Level

Yeah, Brig really does shine with a deathball but that can also tear her apart real quick. I do agree Bash could be upped to 8 seconds but people will still bitch about her being OP with her shield and all that.

EDIT: Speaking of bitching, what the fuck is with no one wanting to main tank anymore? 2 games in a row and my tanks are Roadhog/Zarya and we just get slaughtered. Hell one game a Rein was able to wipe us 3 times in the same round.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    EDIT: Speaking of bitching, what the fuck is with no one wanting to main tank anymore? 2 games in a row and my tanks are Roadhog/Zarya and we just get slaughtered. Hell one game a Rein was able to wipe us 3 times in the same round.
    It's the current meta narrative. See: this bitching, and this Jayne clip, and this judgment by xQc, and this bitching, and this widely disseminated clip, and there's plenty more where that came from since Brigitte was released and also when Reaper and Mei were adjusted. Immediately it was a flood of "main tank just keeps getting worse and worse to play and Blizz keeps shitting on tanks."

Well, they're not wrong. Rein is a beast wearing 20 ton armor yet he gets juggled by practically every character in the game. Winston is (apparently, according to literally everyone) not viable against Brigitte as she shuts him down completely. Orisa might be fine but who cares, Rein is the funnest tank and he basically sucks currently.