+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

loaded up my vita with like 100 retro games, play Mario's Fucking Picross all day

so addicting...

also still working my way through SaGa 3, slowly. once I figured out the general flow of "speak to people -> open up location -> do quests" it got a lot more fun. I want to finish Ellen then move onto Mikhail, since his quest seems like the most unique.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bumpin' this back up. Been getting a lot of Warioware in because the new one is out in a couple weeks. Microgames & Twisted are still really fucking good after all these years, and the demo for Warioware Gold left a good impression despite it being a best-of collection from the series.

Also saw Deus Ex:HRDC on sale which I nearly bought, but some circular logic of what platform to get it on (either PS3 on the comfy couch or high-settings/60fps on my PC) reminded me that I never completed Invisible War, so I'm now going to attempt to do that for the fourth time now. Something about IW keeps making me lose interest partway in, and the last time I tried to make good headway that hard drive died on me and ate the save with it.

I probably do have a copy of vanilla HR on PS3 via PS+, but I believe there's no point in playing that version of it short of saving myself $5 to get the Director's changes + DLC integrated.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been playing Tales of Berseria this month, I'm near the end clocking in about 60 hours.

First tales of game that has kept me playing past the 2 hour mark, I've always found them to be too anime-y for my tastes (tried tales of phantasia back in the Snes era and Tales of Abyss in the mid 2000's) but this one somehow hooked me in enough to keep me going.

I rate it as average, the story and characters could've been developed a bit more considering how long it is and the combat system is somewhat easy even on hard.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Started Resident Evil 7 on Wednesday.
    1. The game actually managed to scare me and make me jump on my chair, so that's cool. I haven't played a horror game in ages though, so maybe that's why.
    2. PC optimization can suck my balls. I don't remember the last time I had to spend so much time in options to make the game look good and not pixelates and old as hell, and then spend twice as much time figuring out what I need to dial down to keep the game from crashing. Finally found a decent setup in which the game looks acceptable and doesn't crash every 10 min :/
    3. Holy crap I don't remember the last time I died so much. Apparently, I suck at this game very bad X.x I had to repeat the basement part so many times. The boss fight there also took me a good number of tries... The boss in greenhouse I actually defeated in one try but now I'm almost out of ammo, healing and I'm pretty sure more ass kicking is coming my way, lol.

In general, a pretty interesting experience

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Started playing Grand Summoners because of the One punch man collaboration. I got lucky and pulled him. It's a fun phone game

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

anyone want to list some must-plays for ps4? finally picked one up and have my eye on a few titles but suggestions are welcome. i like rpgs more than anything else.

Persona 5 comes to mind instantly, but also Nier: Automata, Witcher 3, Ys VIII and Tales of Berseria.

Also Bloodborne just cuz it's amazing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seconding Nier Automata and P5.

Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 0, too.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Tales of Vesperia later in the year too (Just listed as winter 2018 so far I think?)! It may be a last gen game, but I'm probably more hyped for it than anything else in the rest of this year.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Nier: Automata is a modern day masterpiece. Arguably the best OST and story of this generation.

Persona 5 is a package perfected if you loved P3/P4.

Horizon Zero Dawn is an awesome action role playing game that doesn’t get nearly as much love on BG. It’d be the GOAT game on this site if it had Zelda in the title.

FFXV:RE is a fun game with a fantastic story and lovable characters. Don’t pay mind to the autistic chants of hurrdurr incomplete game. I’ve put more hours into the fishing mini-game alone than most games lol.

I’d also suggest you’re better off getting Witcher 3 for PC before ever touching it on a PS4 if that’s an option. I don’t know how anyone could’ve made it through that game with the atrocious inventory system without any mods lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

thanks guys for the responses.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

After RE7 I decided to go old school and installed a PS2 emulator to play Shadow Hearts. I started the series with Covenant, which to this day I consider an amazing jRPG so I always knew I will need to see where it all the began

I think I should check in to here because the original reason I came to this forum all those years ago was a mutual love for all things jrpg.

I'm about to move into a new place with a den where I've told the fiance I plan to claim for my own and set up a classic gaming area. I want to reply a lot of classic RPGs. Please fam - help me choose which to play first from the following list. I've played most of these but it's been so long that it will essentially be like playing them fresh.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GCN)
    Lunar silver star story complete (ps1)
    Lunar 2 eternal blue (ps1)
    Wild Arms (ps1)
    Grandia (ps1)
    Xenosaga (ps2)

I'm open to other suggestions from around this era as well. I'm looking for ones that haven't really had a re-release. Note: I really don't like tactics games so no FFT for me (I know I know).

Just because you mentioned Xenosaga; what about Xenogears? Probably one of, if not the best, of that gen. At least story wise.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Just because you mentioned Xenosaga; what about Xenogears? Probably one of, if not the best, of that gen. At least story wise.
    Only because it's one of the few ps1 era rpgs I don't already own.

Also - I heard it really hasn't aged well despite how much of an impact it had.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I think I should check in to here because the original reason I came to this forum all those years ago was a mutual love for all things jrpg.

I'm about to move into a new place with a den where I've told the fiance I plan to claim for my own and set up a classic gaming area. I want to reply a lot of classic RPGs. Please fam - help me choose which to play first from the following list. I've played most of these but it's been so long that it will essentially be like playing them fresh.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GCN)
    Lunar silver star story complete (ps1)
    Lunar 2 eternal blue (ps1)
    Wild Arms (ps1)
    Grandia (ps1)
    Xenosaga (ps2)

I'm open to other suggestions from around this era as well. I'm looking for ones that haven't really had a re-release. Note: I really don't like tactics games so no FFT for me (I know I know).
    Breath of Fire 3 or 4

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    On top of my head, from what I've played I can recommend

Alundra (Holy shit, Alundra 2 sucked HARD, yes, I'm still mad)
    Jade Cocoon
    Legend of Dragoon
    Legend of Legaia
    Suikoden I & II
    Vagrant Story
    Valkyrie Profile

And like KuroTsuki said Xenogears is amazing.

BoF games are also very good.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Whoops, double post.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Vagrant Story is the tits, if it ever got an HD remake I’d buy the shit out of it.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

From that list, I’d definitely replay Wild Arms first.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag