FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I've had A Hat in Time sitting in my library for a few months and only just now getting around to playing it. Fuck, I wish I hadn't waited so long.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

TIL Blaster Master is a series, with seven games in it lol. did not know this. gonna have to check some out! that game was one of my childhood-defining games (though I never did get past the second area or so...)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz
    I've had A Hat in Time sitting in my library for a few months and only just now getting around to playing it. Fuck, I wish I hadn't waited so long.
    I've been meaning to check that one out, I just haven't yet.

On a similar note, I decided to check out The Sexy Brutale while Spider-Man was doing its hour long install.

Ten hours later, I got around to playing Spider-Man once I had platinumed The Sexy Brutale. It's is a fantastic little light puzzle game with a surprisingly heavy story. Highly recommended, and very overlooked for some reason.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

..Blaster master has 7 games? I only knew about the..Gameboy one, Genesis, NES and Switch ones.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Zelda II can suck it; Faxanadu and Battle of Olympus are killing it for me lately

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    ..Blaster master has 7 games? I only knew about the..Gameboy one, Genesis, NES and Switch ones.
    NES, Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, PSX (yes really), WiiWare title, Switch remake

yeah I was surprised too lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally got a chance to play Horizon Zero Dawn. Such a fun and engrossing game. Love the world lore, I'm constantly getting lost exploring looking for more data logs and stuff. Only just got to Meridian and I'm quite overleveled I think, haha.

Ridill
    BG Level

Personally, I dont think it's as much as an overleveling issue as what weapons you have and how familiar you are with the combat systems of the game.
    As fun as the combat was at the beginning, by the end of it I was actually skipping so many fights because they had become so trivial, only the larger, rarer encounters encouraging me not to just simply head straight to the next point on the map.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's true. I actually almost wrote that thankfully, your level doesn't really make you too strong, it's the weapons, tools and your ability to use them

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Faxanadu
    So many wonderful shades of brown, brownish, and browner in that game. I'd love to see a more modern version of it but I don't know how it would ever do the original justice.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Decided to mod my old PSP 1000. Hello portable emulator, why yes I would like to play Shaq Fu.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Put about four hours into Yakuza 0 for PC. This game is a super fun brawler with a serious story while being a little cheesy but very fun. Would highly recommend. Can get it on PC fairly regular for around $15.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Finished TWEWY: Final remix. Story is still great but the motion controls are pretty hit and miss. My advice is to avoid any pins that require slashing an enemy/the area around you unless you're playing handheld.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Put about four hours into Yakuza 0 for PC. This game is a super fun brawler with a serious story while being a little cheesy but very fun. Would highly recommend. Can get it on PC fairly regular for around $15.
    Understatement of the year.

Just finished Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth.

It was a loooong game because more VN than SRPG, but god damn, it's been a long time since I've enjoyed a story and cast that much, even if it was a bit tropey.

Not sure what's going to be next: Maybe I'll wrap up Tokyo Xanadu's epilogue, finally.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Hey man, the Yokimichi Silvers are the next big band!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

lollllllll Luncheon Kingdom in Mario Odyssey is so troll. "oh this is pretty! it's all candy and cakes and OH GOD EVERYTHING IS LAVA IT'S ALL FUCKING LAVA"

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Hey man, the Yokimichi Silvers are the next big band!
    Any time someone asks about Yakuza in a nutshell, I just show them Majima in 0 singing Perfect Cinderella.

That, or the Yakuza Kiwami 2 release trailer.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    lollllllll Luncheon Kingdom in Mario Odyssey is so troll. "oh this is pretty! it's all candy and cakes and OH GOD EVERYTHING IS LAVA IT'S ALL FUCKING LAVA"
    Yeah. Probably my least favorite kingdom

BG Level

That damn Luncheon Kingdom, lol. It wasn't til postgame that I realized how some of those mechanics worked. I got to the credits last week and spent time this weekend grinding out to 500ish moons post-game. Getting to 999 though? There are several moons already that I've tried a couple times and then just said "nope" to. This is a game that I could easily just pick up for an hour or so a couple times a week and try for a few ones though, so that's probably how I'm going to go about things. Now, on the list of things I wish I knew at the start, it'd be how useful cap dive/jumps are. I don't think I even really used that til postgame, and while I'm not mad about not being able to skip large portions of things like some players can, there's a lot of convenience/safety that I wish I had.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

it is definitely brutal lol. the part before the boss with the super-thin platforms and the peppers rolling at you, good lord. and that's not even the worst of it. I've died more in this kingdom than all the other kingdoms combined. I mean on that fork-flinging mountain I probably had a good 15~20 deaths alone.

I plan on doing all 999 moons but it will take me a very long time, probably over a year of casual play. you are right in that some of them are just infuriating.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag