Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

My ps4 isn't brand new it's been collecting dust for years I'm surprised it still turns on. Anything that's multiplatform I get for PC. I got blood borne and all that.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    no one said that. in fact the only person that compared SotC with the other games explicitly said they wouldn't recommend it over Horizon or any of the above. you got push back for your stupid reasoning and your stupid claim that 'you're not missing anything by not playing SotC', you stupid stupid man.
    The entire conversation is about comparing it to the other games. People are chiming in because they joined half way through thinking were talking about whether SotC is a good game or not, which isnt what were talking about.

Ignorance is bliss and the game setup a great universe and series that was squandered because of dev hell. But yes, please do continue with how much I think the game is good, but not enough to pass up on GoW, Horizon, and Spidey for christmas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

So What Are YOU Playing II: Electric Boogaloo

SotC HD is an absolute must. It’s a bargain bin game so who cares about comparing it to others and deciding whether or not it’s worth it. I think I bought my copy for like $15 bucks and that was six months ago.

If you gotta look for deals on it to save up for something else than I feel bad for you son.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Hes giving his wife a christmas list of games and was deciding between sotc and spiderman for #3 and #4. This convo went into deep levels of dumb cause people cant remember things from a day ago.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Hes giving his wife a christmas list of games and was deciding between sotc and spiderman for #3 and #4. This convo went into deep levels of dumb cause people cant remember things from a day ago.

yet again the deepest levels of dumb were your reasonings not the placement in a list

it was probably in the right place even

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Been playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider (excellent so far) and now I'm about to boot up Hitman 2 for the first time. Have played every Hitman game in the series (except Hitman: GO whatever that was) so this should be fun. Definitely not worth 60 bucks though I bet!

Also, Shadow of the Colussus was one of the best games I have ever played, and that is based on the original version cause I haven't played the reboot.

Another game that looks similar is Praey for the Gods

https://www.praeyforthegods.com/

Looks cool, don't see a release date anywhere.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

have literally not played anything else since I picked up Dead Cells. of course, I've also sworn many times that I'm never touching it again

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

PC:
    Don't Starve Together
    Orcs Must Die II (Buddy that is deployed in Japan and I bought this years ago to play together... never did and we were randomly talking about it the other day, installed, having a blast.
    Sanctum 2 (picked this up a while ago, cool tower defence game where you around in FPS mode, you make the path that the monster follow.)
    Civ6 (randomly when I don't want to talk to anyone listen to some chill relaxing music)

PS4:
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    .hack//g.u. last recode
    Zone of the Enders the 2nd Runner: M∀RS (HD4K Remaster)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hitman 2 feels great, my only real complaint about anything is just aesthetic, the water in the cutscenes has this awful glimmer to it that detracts from how pretty the rest of the game is.

Gameplay is excellent, even bigger sandbox levels, AI seems to be more intelligent than the last game - though I did manage to just brain someone with a screwdriver from 10 feet away in the middle of three guards without anyone spotting me, you can definitely use line of sight to your advantage against them. But there are a huge amount of npcs in every level so it doesn't take a guard spotting you doing something shady, any civilian can spot you as well.

One of my favorite things from the previous game, being able to just select a story to track and the game guides you to the different objectives you need to complete that particular story execution, that is in the 2nd game as well.

Additionally you can play Hitman, the DLC missions, and Hitman 2 from the same interface.

Would recommend if you enjoy sandbox murder, would only buy on sale though. They have 2 expansions planned that don't look like they'll be cheap either, and this time next year they'll have the "Complete edition" with this and all xpacs/dlc for 20-30 bucks.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Xenoblade 2 on sale for $48.99 at Target right now and they're not restocking it either. Seemed like a good time to pick it up.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Finally decided to give Witcher 3 a whirl, the game is enjoyable so far (about 5-6 hours), but the combat is ... not good, to put it simply. It would've been an extremely good game otherwise.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Finally decided to give Witcher 3 a whirl, the game is enjoyable so far (about 5-6 hours), but the combat is ... not good, to put it simply. It would've been an extremely good game otherwise.
    I have tried to get into it several times and just can't, it feels like I'll have to a fair amount of sidequests to level enough to complete the main story line quests, same reason I stopped playing both AC Origins and AC Odyssey, I don't want to have to grind a bunch of shit, especially generic go fetch my item quests

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing W3 has over any other sandboxes is that it's side quests are a lot less generic or at least have some interesting story connected with them. Not all of course, but the difference is noticeable I think

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    I have tried to get into it several times and just can't, it feels like I'll have to a fair amount of sidequests to level enough to complete the main story line quests, same reason I stopped playing both AC Origins and AC Odyssey, I don't want to have to grind a bunch of shit, especially generic go fetch my item quests
    Both of you need to stfu and keep playing. Combat is hard because you're gimp as fuck. Get the ability that makes food last 20min and you'll cut the games difficulty in half. After that it's just slowly unlocking abilities and getting gear over many many hours. Progression is super slow, but the game is also super big. I modded the game to give me 1.5x exp just cause I'm not in it for the grind, but even then after over 30 hours I'm still only level 40. You get ability points from shrines so that also helps speed up your ability acquisition too. Dont neglect monster hunts as they give you a lot of the items needed for your potions and oils.

Also, the side quests are great. The writing is top notch and even side quests give you a reason to want to see their conclusion. If you want to just rush through and complete the game I think all the game systems in place will make it less enjoyable, but if you take your time then it's been p.fun. I havent evwn gotten half way through the main plot, as I'm told by friends who have beaten it, but I already have some of the best armor and weapons. The DLC is also fucking amazing, I had a blast with Hearts of Stone.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You got it wrong, I don't find the game hard, it's just that I keep comparing it to Dragon's Dogma since It's the last open world RPG I played and that game has a very enjoyable combat system while TW3 boils down to Spin-to-win: The Game so far, maybe that changes down the road, but the basics feel very lackluster.

The writing is pretty good, and I'm liking Geralt's VA more than I thought I would.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He was probably talking about me. I am not a fan of games that force you to do side quests so you can continue the main story. Though I will say TW3's side quests were the least generic of any game I have played in the genre.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Both of you lol. The combat is more varied later but you do reach a point where you can easily dodge all day and slowly whittle down any monster. By level 10ish I had the abilities and know how to kill anything, the only thing holding me back was weapon durability and the time it takes to kill something overleveled.

Plot wise very short into the game you can start skipping side quests for main plot. Often it goes: reach new area and talk to main dude, he gives you story quests, finish and return the quest, he sends you off to next story person but also asks you to hang around for something else. That something else is almost always unnecessary and skippable, but then you're missing out of good writing and exp for levels. Also, and I cant confirm this, but I think those quests help with friendship or something but I can't elaborate without spoilering story stuff.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

dear lord this game (XC2). pocket items! affinity! trust! blades! poppi! tiger tiger! salvage! development levels! IT NEVER ENDS

...in short I have no clue wtf I'm doing. anyone who played Xenoblade 2 and has general game advice - please feel free.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

That'sthe game in a nutshell. It's absolue shit at explaining stuff and throws a ton at you.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

fantastic.

whatever, I get the feeling I can ignore 95% of what's going on and still be fine. just gonna do sidequests and upgrade all my blades as I'm able and I think I'll be fine.

except poppi. I have no clue what to do with that bitch lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag