Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Going to try my hand at grabbing a NSW Celeste CE tomorrow.

https://limitedrungames.com/products...ition-preorder

Got the game on PC and its my personal GOTY.

Ridill
    BG Level

Playing Spyro 1 Reignited, and by playing I mean doing all the flying levels for my fiancee.

Jesus Christ, how the hell did we do these levels as children? Dark Souls is more forgiving.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Going to try my hand at grabbing a NSW Celeste CE tomorrow.

https://limitedrungames.com/products...ition-preorder

Got the game on PC and its my personal GOTY.
    Shit disappeared from my cart after waiting in a paypal line gg.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Doing the post game stuff on DQ11 and after playing the game to this point, I really hate the soundtrack. It's such shit. Other than that, it's postgame stuff is amazing

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My brother got me into the new MTG: Arena on PC. This game is really fun.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Refresh my brain: WHere’s Ch.5 of XC?

And yeah, the game is GORGEOUS. Time where the soundtrack hit me the most was the plains area outside of Gormott.

Another good soundtrack moment?

When you first get the light blade.
    Chapter 5 is the Leftherian Archipelago, with the big floating islands and long narrow paths connecting them. And it has this music:

re: the light blade, I accidentally skipped that cutscene. of all the cutscenes to accidentally skip that is probably the worst one LOL. I knew
    Spoiler: show
    Vandham was going to die
    but I had no idea who that blade was or why she popped up. Had to watch it on youtube

also I have no idea why that video link is being a dick and not embedding

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Chapter 5 is the Leftherian Archipelago, with the big floating islands and long narrow paths connecting them. And it has this music:

re: the light blade, I accidentally skipped that cutscene. of all the cutscenes to accidentally skip that is probably the worst one LOL. I knew
    Vandham was going to die
    but I had no idea who that blade was or why she popped up. Had to watch it on youtube

If you go to the main menu, there's an event theatre. You can rewatch all cutscenes from there, right after they happen. It's quite nice.

I also just finished XBC2 yesterday, and really enjoyed it. It was somewhat slow until chapter 4/5 though. I had to play in JP voices. I did not like Nia's voice in english, as it does not fit her character at all, in my opinion. You can also tell all the censorship and changes they put into the game, which was kind of annoying. What annoyed me the most is that almost every character's name is changed, including some town names. >.>

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Personally I chose to interpret (most) name changes in the same vein as ye olde FF localizations (spoony bard, son of a submariner, etc). Some miss the mark more than others but I didn't find most super offensive.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've dumped way too much time into Xenoblade 2, that game brings out a lot of OCD in me, I still even play it to this day since working on maxing all blades now(S+ trust), this is pretty much the last awful grind I have to do that's tremendously boring.

My biggest problem with JP voices is Morag's voice, much rather just keep english voices full time. I also don't know why they couldn't apply some Torna Golden Country changes to base game, like being able to view tutorials at any given time and being able to skip the annoying ass field skill animations. Honestly, TGC has too many QOL changes, but these 2 specifically I don't know why they couldn't apply to base game too.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post

Vandham was going to die

Oh yeah! That place! Really loved the level design there. Soothing music, too.

Yeah, some of the name changes really threw me off when changing to Japanese. I was like "Wait, Homura? Hikari? I mean I guess it does make sense.."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

RE2 1-Shot demo was pretty fun. Seems it will be another great remake.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Started playing Deadcells, was not disappointed. Just wanted a game that could run on my laptop well.

Recommend using a controller, I just use a wired x360 controller, 15 bucks at wally world, works with w7 and w10.

Very fast paced side scrolling hack and slash rogue-like.

There is permanent progression however once you die in a run you start over at the beginning again, retaining whatever permanent upgrades you were able to purchase before your demise.

Would recommend if you're a fan of those types of games, difficulty is kind of determined by what you're able to acquire in your run. Some weapons are pretty OP. There is a pretty large variety of weapons though which is cool to find something new a good chunk of the time.

There are permanent upgrades that allow you to retain a portion of the collected gold from the previous run, among other things. Other useful permanent upgrades include swapping out the default weapons with one randomly selected from those you have previously purchased or picked up. In this way when you restart, you don't have to start with the weakest weapons available.

You can do speed runs as well, and the rewards for those are often greater than what you will find throughout the level - though ideally if you're speed running you still want to find all the scrolls hidden in the level so that you get your maximum stat boosts. Scrolls allow you to choose a damage group to increase damage on, melee, ranged, or survival items, and give you an HP upgrade as well.

I fought my first boss last night and got crushed. Then I watched a video on how to beat him and the guy in the fight had super specific gear that helped him out quite a bit.

I think it might be near impossible to beat this game on a single run your first time through, seems extremely unlikely.

Definitely challenging and quick paced, way more fun than I thought I could have playing a side scroller.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Dead Cells immediately shot into my top 10 of all-time. That's not an exaggeration. The game is... I mean it's just... I can't even with how good it is. The combat is perfectly tuned to an unbelievable degree; never before have I felt so responsible for my mistakes and so proud of my successes in an action game. The graphics are beautifully stylized, the controls are flawless, the roguelike elements contribute to a longevity that no Metroidvania I've ever played can match.

BTW, the first boss? Use traps -> dodge his attacks -> win. Once you learn his tells, he only has two attacks that can hit you from a distance: the fire attack (just jump) and the dash attack (roll), and he uses them in a very predictable pattern as well. I died the first time I fought him but now I can beat him without a scratch easily. TBH traps in general are your best friend unless there are casters around that can hit you from a distance; lay traps -> get out of the way -> win is one of the core strategies I use in nearly every single playthrough. Casters will fuck that up but not every level has them; when they do appear you just have to rush them down which is usually where I fuck up lol

Oh and I'm sure you've figured this out but freeze weapons are your friend, specifically the ice bow and frost blast weapons. They are freaking god tier outside of major battles.

edit: if Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is Final Fantasy XI, then this is my relic weapon. this quest is flat-out stupid (so worth it tho)

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Couldn't think of a better place to slap this so it'll go in here.

Video does a great job of summing up why the OoT ending gives such deep feels.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post

Couldn't think of a better place to slap this so it'll go in here.

Video does a great job of summing up why the OoT ending gives such deeps feels.
    Oh man this was great. Ty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

having reached near the end of Chapter 8 of Xenoblade 2, I can sum up my reaction to every single cutscene at this point with a single pop culture reference:

thankfully the gameplay holds up but the plot threads at this point resemble a plate of fucking spaghetti more than anything

BG Level

if the narrative doesn't become totally incomprensible by disc 2 is it even a jrpg

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

oh you mean like the Cloud who isn't Cloud because he's Zack but he isn't Zack because he's actually Sephiroth but isn't Sephiroth?

you may have a point

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So I'm gonna start playing Skyrim on switch, how do I build a Stealth Archer? I know I know, stealth and archery, but I did that once before by cheesing my stealth to 100 in the beginning got archery to 45 and things wrecked me cause I was too high and didn't have points elsewhere.

Do I put points in conj or illusion or something, light armor idk. I don't wanna have to farm grass for potions and dumb shit. Just wanna shoot stuff with a bow and be a God. I'll probably start from level 1 if that level 20 cat isn't getting spawn killed still.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I always leveled archery and stealth in parallel, I think your mistake was leveling stealth to max first. You need a combat skill to be your highest skill or it throws off the whole the enemy scaling I think - but I could be wrong about that I haven't played skyrim in a long time.

Think of it like this, if you put 5 points into blacksmithing, 5 points into alchemy right from the start, the game thinks you've got 10 points invested in your skill tree (and doesn't care what skill tree they are invested in), so combat against "level 10" enemies isn't gonna go so well. I think the game scales enemies according to the number of points you've put in all skill trees. So maxing out stealth first made your archery incredibly weak compared to the monsters that are generated from 145 skill points in your tree. I think that's how it all works, but again, haven't played in a while so I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag