+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    Gunna look into mod questlines soon. Any suggestions?
    There are mods that open up new crafting recipes and things that are fun. After you play the game enough you can also play with some of the "cheat" mods and just goof around. or have a separate save for those mods.

There was one I played with a bit that gave you max, free crafting materials so I maxed out blacksmithing and made a hyper OP melee guy to cause as much destruction as possible.

Sort mods out by community rating and see if any interest you. I'm sure there are a lot of mods at this point. Can also look for graphic enhancement mods.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The cheap Game Pass promo was a great opportunity to try some nice games. Already completed Bloodstained (yay), Vampyr (nay) and now starting Children of Morta, the game feels a little bit grindy but very fun.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Finished Far Cry New Dawn. I mentioned this before, if you enjoy Far Cry games, you will enjoy this game. I am not disappointed I bought and played this because I really enjoy Far Cry games. Absolutely beautiful game as well. Don't expect much for a story. Something that sort of annoyed me was how you can buy "Far Cry Credits". Yes, there is an in game currency called Far Cry Credits. Absolutely stupid. You can only get enough to buy one or maybe two weapons in game. The only technical issue with the game is there will at times be a stutter every five seconds or so at random. From what I read it seems to be tied to the auto save "feature" that cannot be turned off. I noticed it seemed to happen if I tabbed out of game for extended periods of time and then tabbed back in. It would serve better to just kill the game and restart. Overall a decent purchase sub $15 if you like open world FPS. You could do a lot worse.

Most likely I'm off to The Outer Worlds. I have about four and a half months of Xbox Ultimate for PC so I'm going to play what's available there before returning to anything on Steam and/or other. I'm glad Gokulo gave a nay vote on Vampyr so I don't waste too much time, but I'll still try it just because it looks interesting. Definitely going to play some Killer Instinct. Other than those games I'm not sure what else would be considered must play on Xbox Ultimate PC. I was going to do Kingdom Come Deliverance, but that is hitting Epic for free in a few days.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man if you're taking vetoes on games, count my veto on outer worlds. Its space fallout, sure, but it does nothing new and in some ways does some things worse.

If you want a generic fallout game set in space, then sure waste those dozens of hours of time, but the game does nothing new except do fallout in space. Your decisions do change a lot in town depending on how you settle things, but the overarching story isnt really affected by your decisions, not entirely, and you still get a chance at the end to do "the other ending thing" kinda like how deus ex just placed 3 buttons at the end of the game so you can decide your ending at the last moment.

The game opens strong and finishes weak and I cant really recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Man if you're taking vetoes on games, count my veto on outer worlds. Its space fallout, sure, but it does nothing new and in some ways does some things worse.

If you want a generic fallout game set in space, then sure waste those dozens of hours of time, but the game does nothing new except do fallout in space. Your decisions do change a lot in town depending on how you settle things, but the overarching story isnt really affected by your decisions, not entirely, and you still get a chance at the end to do "the other ending thing" kinda like how deus ex just placed 3 buttons at the end of the game so you can decide your ending at the last moment.

The game opens strong and finishes weak and I cant really recommend it.

Fair points. I've played about 30 minutes of it already and liked the humor but disliked being forced into first person. Speaking of Fallout, I was considering trying out the Fallout: California mod for New Vegas. I may need to do a full wipe on my New Vegas folders tho because somehow mods got severely messed up and the game suffered. Also, I'd love to finish Fallout 4's DLC Automatron but last time I played it I was getting literally stuck in a mission and couldn't continue it nor back out of it to do anything else.

A series I was contemplating was Metal Gear Solid. I played the first for PS when it came out and liked it well enough. I'd really like to play The Phantom Pain (already have that and Ground Zeros on steam). I'm just the type to play all of the games in order. I would skip the PSP titles most likely unless someone says they are a must play. I have MGS IV for PS3. Would give me an excuse to try the RPCS3 emulator again now that I have a much more powerful GPU and a better eight core processor.

Oh, I did fire up FFXV again earlier in the week. The action based combat is a huge turn off for me. Like, I really really dislike it. I checked into the turn based and I'm not sold on it. The game is beautiful but I don't think I'll continue with it for now. I'd rather play XII now that I have it for steam, try X/X-2 for steam, or even try VII with mods. Last night I watched a YT video of games paying homage vs ripoffs and VII was used regarding the opening scene being akin to Blade Runner. I'm watching that opening scene and immediately wanted to play it.

BG Level

speaking of FFXV just dropped as part of Windows Game Pass. doesn't sound promising but suppose i can take her for a spin at the cost of $1.00.

otherwise been working through Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Disco Elysium. former is a grand classic CRPG and i knew the latter had me when i failed a skill check for flirting and told her 'i want to have fuck with you'.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

FFXV is great for $1. It's basically final fantasy: kingdom hearts. You know what you're getting into if you've seen literally any gameplay footage, and my only advice is to not journey past chapter 8 unless you're ready to move into a new overworld and never return without using a slightly broken ingame mechanism that doesnt do exactly what you wished it did.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Fair points. I've played about 30 minutes of it already and liked the humor but disliked being forced into first person. Speaking of Fallout, I was considering trying out the Fallout: California mod for New Vegas. I may need to do a full wipe on my New Vegas folders tho because somehow mods got severely messed up and the game suffered. Also, I'd love to finish Fallout 4's DLC Automatron but last time I played it I was getting literally stuck in a mission and couldn't continue it nor back out of it to do anything else.

A series I was contemplating was Metal Gear Solid. I played the first for PS when it came out and liked it well enough. I'd really like to play The Phantom Pain (already have that and Ground Zeros on steam). I'm just the type to play all of the games in order. I would skip the PSP titles most likely unless someone says they are a must play. I have MGS IV for PS3. Would give me an excuse to try the RPCS3 emulator again now that I have a much more powerful GPU and a better eight core processor.

Oh, I did fire up FFXV again earlier in the week. The action based combat is a huge turn off for me. Like, I really really dislike it. I checked into the turn based and I'm not sold on it. The game is beautiful but I don't think I'll continue with it for now. I'd rather play XII now that I have it for steam, try X/X-2 for steam, or even try VII with mods. Last night I watched a YT video of games paying homage vs ripoffs and VII was used regarding the opening scene being akin to Blade Runner. I'm watching that opening scene and immediately wanted to play it.
    If you havent done MGS, I'd give it a shot. They're not terribly challenging games, but they setup a universe and deliver on it. The voice acting and production is always on point with those games. Theyre basically anime in video game form and I'm always down for it. One of the few series where every mainline sequel is better than the last one, with MGSV being, for my money, the pinnacle of action games even if the story doesnt really conclude. That statement will make more sense when you better understand the metal gear timeline lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    If you havent done MGS, I'd give it a shot. They're not terribly challenging games, but they setup a universe and deliver on it. The voice acting and production is always on point with those games. Theyre basically anime in video game form and I'm always down for it. One of the few series where every mainline sequel is better than the last one, with MGSV being, for my money, the pinnacle of action games even if the story doesnt really conclude. That statement will make more sense when you better understand the metal gear timeline lol.

Good stuff. Not that I don't like a challenge when gaming, but when I sit down to play something I just want to have fun and not become stressed. That's why I don't play battle royale or FPS games really. I still have Demon's Souls to play and that will be plenty of a challenge!

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Today I realized while sitting on the toilet that the music in the Mario 64 level Cool, Cool Mountain has the same tune as the slide race against the Penguin music in the cabin.

Idk where else to post this but I had to tell someone and its gaming related. Also I'm gunna play Mario 64 now.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

didn't the penguin race happen inside that cool mountain level?

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    didn't the penguin race happen inside that cool mountain level?
    Yes. It's taken me over 20 years to notice the tune similarities.

This is not a fact I'm proud of but there it is.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Still trucking along with Demon's Souls. RPCS3 playtime says 18 hours but it's probably closer to 16 due to afk. Struggling with wanting to continue. This for sure doesn't have the magic like Dark Souls. The Last of Us loads on RPCS3 but there are issues. I really wanted to see what it would be like at a high resolution and have been having an itch to do another run.

This feels weird to type, but over the last year gaming just isn't holding my attention. The only game I play where I will play for more than 20 or 30 minutes is FFXI. Most likely it's due to having in a respect goals to reach. I've built my PC to a point I can run darn near anything maxed at 1440P and have so much I could play but nothing sounds fun. I've found a lot of games try to be open world and I find myself losing interest with choosing my own path. In a way I just want to be told what to do (sort of) when I turn a game on and just lose myself in immersion. I tried Ark and after five minutes I was done.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Still trucking along with Demon's Souls. RPCS3 playtime says 18 hours but it's probably closer to 16 due to afk. Struggling with wanting to continue. This for sure doesn't have the magic like Dark Souls. The Last of Us loads on RPCS3 but there are issues. I really wanted to see what it would be like at a high resolution and have been having an itch to do another run.

This feels weird to type, but over the last year gaming just isn't holding my attention. The only game I play where I will play for more than 20 or 30 minutes is FFXI. Most likely it's due to having in a respect goals to reach. I've built my PC to a point I can run darn near anything maxed at 1440P and have so much I could play but nothing sounds fun. I've found a lot of games try to be open world and I find myself losing interest with choosing my own path. In a way I just want to be told what to do (sort of) when I turn a game on and just lose myself in immersion. I tried Ark and after five minutes I was done.
    have you tried Hollow Knight on that fancy PC? it ought to look real purdy

you may lose interest before the immersion hits, but if you make it to the city, you'll probably be hooked

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    have you tried Hollow Knight on that fancy PC? it ought to look real purdy

you may lose interest before the immersion hits, but if you make it to the city, you'll probably be hooked
    I have not and it's not in the backlog. I think I'm due for a strong story driven game. While I hate to not finish a game (Demon's Souls) I think it's time to start Heavy Rain.

BG Level

yee if you're struggling with immersion and are tired of open worlds def run through a narrative-driven game. Heavy Rain was a great favorite with my college roommates the whole house used to congregate to watch as i played through it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

For that matter Detroit was a pretty good movie to play through

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I have Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit all waiting. I actually was getting into Fahrenheit but I think I hit a bug on the PC version. I last recall being at the stage area where you're in an office trying to escape things, or something like that.

I'll post this in the proper section, but I just looked at the email from Humble and Road Redemption is in a current bundle with the Beat The Average price close to $8. Watching the video embed in the Humble page was instant nostalgia/childhood playing Road Rash for hours and hours.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Heavy Rain on the PS3 emulator is, bad. It is only listed as "in game" so obviously I wouldn't expect it to run great. Lots of pop ins, sound glitches, and general weirdness. It's not playable so if I want to play it I'll have to hook up the PS3 fat boy. Tried firing up Fahrenheit and for some reason it wasn't loading. Eventually fixed it but now it won't recognize DS4 for controller use which is also weird because that's how I had been playing it. The PC port is known for being an absolute shit show so it's whatever. Played quite a bit of The Division 2 today. It's very weird to me that equipping knee pads can regenerate my health in a shooter. Game is fun but I'm not sure it will hold my attention.

Since Comcast is lifting the data cap for 60 days I figured I'd start modding all the things. I haven't modded anything in probably a year and a half. Probably more like 2+ years. I have numerous drives now and wanted to download all mods to my S drive. All prior mods were downloaded to my H drive. Also, I've moved some games from that H drive to two other drives I use for games. So now NMM is an absolute shit show. Who knows if all my prior Skyrim mods were loading after I moved them into the new location on the S drive. Didn't matter because the game crashed after about a minute. I think I'm going to just start all mods for all games from scratch.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Got Fahrenheit going and I just can't with this game. Gave it between 3-4 hours. Tyler couldn't be a bigger stereotype. Carla wasn't as bad, but I didn't care for the shower scene + tarot card portion. I'm not a fan of QTE in general, but these are just dumb. During the basketball event I just gave up to get it over with. The entire apartment QTE was comically bad. After the interrogation scene at Lucas's work where even getting all the QTE right he still freaks out for some reason I feel my time would be better spent elsewhere.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag