+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Got Fahrenheit going and I just can't with this game. Gave it between 3-4 hours. Tyler couldn't be a bigger stereotype. Carla wasn't as bad, but I didn't care for the shower scene + tarot card portion. I'm not a fan of QTE in general, but these are just dumb. During the basketball event I just gave up to get it over with. The entire apartment QTE was comically bad. After the interrogation scene at Lucas's work where even getting all the QTE right he still freaks out for some reason I feel my time would be better spent elsewhere.
    The game did look really great at first, but yeah, last and only time I played (12 years ago or so) I think I lost interest when Carla looking for some files turned into a really annoying minigame. It was either that or the random bug attack in the office, not sure.
    Real pity because the game had loads of potential, but all the QTE making progress more annoying than necessary really put a dent into that.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Finished Demon's Souls today. When I started this game I didn't think much of it. In fairness I'd already been thru DS 1/2/3 and Bloodborne. At times it was challenging like the others. At times it felt boring, which for me is not like any of the others. I found my preferred weapon, a Crescent (magic) Falchion, and for the most part stuck with that the entire game. Early this morning I started adventuring thru an archstone and when I came across the "arch demon" for that arch stone (think level) I was immediately intrigued.

While Bloodborne is the latter of SoulsBorne, it's incredibly unique from Dark Souls and is absolutely worth a go. Something that is said Bloodborne takes heavily from is H.P. Lovecraft. I wasn't aware of any Lovecraft work so for me it was just a really cool game. After beating it I ran thru some Lovecraft YouTube videos and yeah, easily to see it in Blooborne now. But here is the thing, Demon's Souls was the first and it also has some Lovecraft elements. And this is what intrigued me with this arch demon. It was just incredible.

Before I knew it roughly four hours went by and I decided to complete the game. One of the arch stones is called The Valley of Defilement. It's as grim and nasty as the name suggests. I get to the final boss for that level and for the first time in this game something occurred. The boss music paralyzed me. Soulsborne games are known for their boss music but Demon's Souls is pretty basic compared to the rest. But this one, it absolutely gripped me. And that boss fight was in a respect so sad.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Outside of Animal Crossing played through Stick of Truth again. Gameplay didn't age well IMO but the humor is still spot on.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Loaded up Nioh. Got off a boat. Learned some move. Can't do first move I learned for the life of me. Unloaded Nioh.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I was stuck on one of the bosses in Nioh and decided to move on to other games. I may go back if I make it through my backlog

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I was stuck on one of the bosses in Nioh and decided to move on to other games. I may go back if I make it through my backlog
    I want to like it because it does seem cool. I googled my issue and I guess it's not an uncommon one, but you just gotta "git gud" at the controls. Just seems silly to me. I'm trying to plow thru the backlog too but something Souls like is calling me.

Speaking of, looked at Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. I haven't 100% it. Let's load it up! Continue is grayed out. Uh....my save file is there? Possibly corrupted. Oh well guess I'm starting from scratch. I'm sort of looking forward to it because when I originally went thru it I wasn't real high on it. I started on vanilla DS2 and absolutely hated it. Something about how it played. As we all do, I thought to myself is it just me and went to the Google machine. Nope, others said similar and that SoTFS was much better. It was but I don't think I gave it a fair chance. This time I'm really looking forward to it and in a way am sort of glad I'm starting fresh.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Been playing the hell out of a single player card game called Monster Train. It's sort of like Slay the Spire if you played that

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

After platinuming FF7R I got the PS4 Spider Man game while on sale, £25 with the DLCs. Just finishing up the last DLC now with just new game+ and ultimate mode trophies left to do. I really enjoyed the fighting and traversing through the city. The story was not really riveting when you’ve seen so many SM pieces of media though. Will probably play the sequel whenever that comes out.

I don’t know if it was just my PS4 but whenever there was a cut scene the fans went into overdrive, sometimes so loud it was drowning out the tv! It was a digital version of the game. The last game that did this was Witcher 3 before they patched it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Even played the latest God of War? That sets my PS4 fan into overdrive the whole time.

I wouldn't be surprised if the crux of the CPU times during Spider-Man's cutscenes was due to the setup they used for streaming facial information.

~38:35 if the timestamp doesn't work.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Interesting video, thanks for that. Cut scenes were essentially loading screens, I suppose if I’d had a disc it wouldn’t have sounded so bad.

I’ve only got GoW3 remastered that was given away one month. Not had chance to play it yet.

BG Level

Finished Bravely Second earlier today. Story is significantly better than the first game and I loved all the 4th wall breaking at the end but holy hell the Ba'al jokes...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Been a while since I played Bravely Second. I ended up liking Yew and Magnolia a lot more than I thought I would. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed the cast without Ringabel.

Which Ba'al jokes are you referring to?

BG Level

Mongolia being a Ba'al buster mostly. I think the final boss minion also mentions bringing down "big ba'als" too.

But I'll let that go just for how much Yew fucking destroyed the 4th wall in the final fight.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I’ve just started Assassins Creed Origins, my first AC game! I like it so far except I keep pressing the wrong buttons during fights as I’m used to them doing different things from other games. I also discovered that using a bow near soldiers makes them think you’re attacking them, and if you run away, they remember you if you bump into them later and keep trying to kill you!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    I’ve just started Assassins Creed Origins, my first AC game! I like it so far except I keep pressing the wrong buttons during fights as I’m used to them doing different things from other games. I also discovered that using a bow near soldiers makes them think you’re attacking them, and if you run away, they remember you if you bump into them later and keep trying to kill you!
    I didn't like origins or odyssey as much as previous games. One of things I really liked about the games is it made you feel like a ninja killing machine. origins and odyssey turned it into a stat based RPG, which I didn't mind, until the first time I shot someone with an arrow in the fuckin head and they didn't die, and subsequently, stabbed someone in the neck with my hidden blade, and they didn't die.

Previous games rewarded the patience of waiting for an opportunity to counter attack and then targeting enemies who were shaken by your brutality for subsequent kills.

Just feels like the spirit of the game was destroyed in favor of being able to monetize the inventory for paid progression.

Graphics in the new games are absolutely beautiful, I just couldn't get past not being able to kill people with what should be fatal blows.

It's the same reason the division didn't feel right, it doesn't feel right to me to have humans be bullet sponges. If you shoot someone in the head it should be fatal. Stab them in the neck, it should be fatal.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm like 30min into black flag and can't decide if I should keep going, but here I am looking at Odyssey/origins for the 5 or 10$ or whatever they are and am debating those.

This is how I ended up with 100 steam games I've never played.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    You can change the control scheme, I think the default is to use the shoulder buttons to attack like in Souls games but I quickly changed it to square and triangle.

BG Level

new Warhammer II DLC lets you play the fattest goblin in the lore and you eat everything you can lay your hands on while buffing your army through cannibalism 5/5

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm 45min into AC:Origins, when brotherhood was my last one, and wtf did they do to this game? Why even call it assassins creed the only similarity thus far is this shitty ass eagle. I am not enjoying it thus far

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Now that Bravely is done tried playing around with the TH 16 mini I got earlier this week. Sadly I think the Japanese g as games are better than the US ones.

Though on the plus side got Gradius II, Salamander, Rondo of Blood, and Ys I & II

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag