+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can't afford a Switch for Odyssey, so I figure I'd go and start working on 100%'ing Sunshine since I never did it back in the heyday.

Lack of punch/kicking fucking me up since manual-aim spray nozzle is slow for targets too close to hit with hipfire spray, and Hard L/R to strafe/vertical aim is clunky. Only thing that's been annoying me about the game that I forgot is that both blue coins are not tracked on a per-level basis nvm yes they are, and that you can't get all blue coins in a given area on a single visit. Going to be a chore collecting them all and writing down how many I have per location.

The good ol' sidejump -> wall jump -> hoverjet back to ledge sure saves time getting around the levels though.

That aside, I wish there were affordable composite scaler solutions out there, because by god my TV makes Gamecube games look too soft. No clue why Nintendo never ported this to either the Wii or Wii U. Game still looks nice and clean.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

My PS3 died recently so ive been bored shitless...until last night when I discovered a PS3 emulator. I was scpetical at first but my god is it good.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Trying to platinum NieR and just completed the Amnesia quest.

Spoiler: show
    This game is a fucking masterpiece. It can’t be said enough. The revelation of a YorHa type E sent chills down my spine and it was just sad all at the same time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Double-dipped on Romancing SaGa 2. Well, technically triple-dipped since I have the original SNES cart as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Jumped into The Division and after 5 rounds managed to get my clear of Survival.

3rd round I partnered up with a guy who was on the brink of dying and dragged his nubby ass (He wasn't familiar at all with the mechanics) into the Dark Zone for the extraction and soon found out about agent hunters. A youtube video later and a botched 4th run I managed to get some decent luck going with not having to pick scraps from someone ahead of me. Loot didn't want to switch to Purple early tho so I took a detour to hit up a medicine storefront before hitting up the DZ. Anti Virals were located in a place with 1 named mob and 4 legendary (And the map showed 3 people who ate it). Fucking hardest fire fight of that point (Snipers OP) and a run to the extraction with an Agent that went down exactly as planned and oh fuck that was some good gaming experience.

Too bad none of the 9 caches I got had any decent loot. =/

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Just got ending E. Can't be said enough, but god DAMN Nier: Automata is fucking amazing. It's the modern day release of Super Metroid. Arguably the greatest game of this generation.

Spoiler: show
    The realization that 2B has been killing 9S over and over and over. Shit you normally brushed off you're first few playthrough's as her just being cold are just amazing in hindsight when you know the truth. Lines like "It always ends like this" or her clenching her fist after the first mission when 9S states "Glory to Mankind" are just...no words. Absolutely no words. Yoko Taro is a fucking genius.

This was Game of the fucking Year. Persona 5 was great, but this was a whole new experience.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just finished Hacknet, excellent game, excellent ending.

Pretty challenging from the start. Uses some actual unix commands. Game can be played almost entirely from command line entries. My buddy mike, when he saw me playing this, said this game was a test to get an invitation to the dark army haha.

Diving into Shenzhen I/O now. That is pretty fun so far. That is a game about building electronics using a variety of components and programming their microcontrollers to specifications that you're given for each new job. It started out with simple stuff and now I am building surveillance equipment for the chinese government.

Shenzhen I/O came with a 40+ page pdf manual, includes data sheets for different components you'll use.

I like nerdy games haha. Both of these games require heavy use of your brain.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I've recently started playing through backlogs of emulator games (when I don't feel like doing LADX or learning LttP any% NMG).

Silent Hill 2: Loved it, actually did make me jump a few times.
    Pikmin: Liked it a lot, fun sorta puzzle based gameplay, had some lulz moments like mass genociding my red pikmin by not knowing they could swim.

Currently in the middle of FF7 (replaying on steam version), FF7: DoC (so many emulator issues, but nature of the beast), Persona (liking it), and MegaMan Legends.

Then next week I'll be playing RE7, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, DS2 (first dark souls), Ben & Ed (watched a streamer play it, fun looking platformer), and Undertale (seen it played on streams, first time playing it myself).

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Good post because it reminded me to pick back up Silent Hill 2. But homeslice, I gotta warn you, DON'T do DS2 as your first SoulsBorne game. Bloodborne is fine, but do DS1 first. I love DS1 and DS2 but 2 plays much different and is just an entirely different animal than 1 or from the little I've played of 3. For whatever reason DS1 PTDE hasn't been $5 in forever, but it used to constantly be on sale for $5. Not sure what happened.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My order with soulsborne has been Bloodborne > DS2 > DS3 and I can say I liked each progressively least. Bloodborne is still captivating to me.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Just finished Hacknet, excellent game, excellent ending.

Pretty challenging from the start. Uses some actual unix commands. Game can be played almost entirely from command line entries. My buddy mike, when he saw me playing this, said this game was a test to get an invitation to the dark army haha.

Diving into Shenzhen I/O now. That is pretty fun so far. That is a game about building electronics using a variety of components and programming their microcontrollers to specifications that you're given for each new job. It started out with simple stuff and now I am building surveillance equipment for the chinese government.

Shenzhen I/O came with a 40+ page pdf manual, includes data sheets for different components you'll use.

I like nerdy games haha. Both of these games require heavy use of your brain.
    hacknet, you say? I may look into this... sounds neat.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Looks like a more intense version of that Netrunner board game

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    My order with soulsborne has been Bloodborne > DS2 > DS3 and I can say I liked each progressively least. Bloodborne is still captivating to me.
    My order of play has been DS1>BB>DS2>DES>DS3. However, DS1 didn't click until after playing BB for awhile. DS2 I bought the Black Knight edition and borderline hated it. The bought SoTFS and kept at it. Eventually I really liked it. I plan to get a Blu-Ray ripper and use the PS3 emulator to play DES. I played a little of DS3 and honestly didn't like it. I'll finish it though, eventually.

Have you not played DS1?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Nope. Too lazy to tidy up my PC to something workable so I'm limited by what's on consoles I own (PS4, Switch).

My main gripe with Souls as a whole compared to Bloodborne is that nothing has yet to captivate me like the Hunter Axe in BB. I never mesh with any weapon like I did with that one. That and just the individuality of every weapon in BB, compared to the more cut and dry better-or-worse model of Souls as a whole.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

totally addicted to I Love Hue. recommend it to anyone who likes puzzle games; android and ios

it's basically like, you have a spectrum of colors and you have to realign them in the proper gradient. a fresh, unique take on the puzzle genre and extremely well-done. it has that hallmark element of a really good puzzle game, where you go "there's no way I can get this, it makes no sense, I don't unders-OH MY GOD THERE, I GOT IT"

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Picked up Rainbow Six Siege a while back and I have got to say this is the best competitive shooter I have played in a long time.

Every headshot is lethal, which is the way I prefer my FPS games to be.

The ranking system is very clear, it actually tells you how many ELO points are lost and gained with each ranked match, as well as how close you are to ranking up or deranking.

You can bust through walls and ceilings. It is much slower paced than most FPS games, but I enjoy that. Gives me time to smoke between rounds.

Started in silver 1(highest silver rank) and quickly got into gold, working my way through that now. Plan on playing a fuckton of ranked this weekend.

The only thing I'll tell you to avoid is the starter edition. You have to buy operators with earned currency.

In the standard edition the early operators are 200-300 points each. In the "starter edition" they're 12,500 each. So the grind is way not worth it. I am as a result going to end up buying an operator pack for 20 bucks, just not sure which one i want to get yet.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ubisoft is really fucking up the selling side of Siege. You only have to go as far as its Steam page to see they're offering four fucking versions of the game, and not mentioning that Year2/Year3 stuff doesn't give you access to previous Year operators, you have to buy those with cash-shop money (or grind for hours) for them instead. Been seeing so many recruits lately due to the Xmas sales, and I hope to god it's not people stuck with the starter edition because that's just a negative for all having players who won't have access to the core characters you'd want for team comps for 25 some hours of play.

Nevermind the netcode is still kinda 'eh, still getting the odd death from peekers that don't show up on my screen at all. Been enjoying the latest ops though (although I hate all of their visual designs), Lesion is a good offensive Kapkan, and Dokkaebi's hacking gimmick works much better than I expected in mixing up the gameplay, to the point where I've had the enemy team shoot out their own cameras on me.

On my gaming end of things, 100%'d Mario Sunshine a couple weeks ago. Only thing I came away from the game is that the level design is kinda crap? Most of the levels feel built around one shine sprite objective (which is where the level feels good), and then they force-fed the rest of the shines into it but with not enough variety or changes to the level/enemies as you'd want. Game was at its best for me when you were doing the secret shines in the fludd-less areas because it was just raw platforming challenges.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Started playing Doom and gotta say even with only 40 minutes of playtime this is a fun shooter. I've only been playing in bursts and I think it's because my monitor is too big for fast pace games like this. I think I'm going to take the L on this monitor and buy a 32".

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

got hollow knight yesterday

fantastic game def worth 9 dollhairs

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Started playing Doom and gotta say even with only 40 minutes of playtime this is a fun shooter. I've only been playing in bursts and I think it's because my monitor is too big for fast pace games like this. I think I'm going to take the L on this monitor and buy a 32".
    Doom is the best FPS I have played in a long time, maybe ever. Well, for single player campaign at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag