+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

So What Are YOU Playing II: Electric Boogaloo

Started to play Bloodborne last night. Never played any Dark Souls game or this before. This shit is fucking rough! Still getting used to the controls. Every time I wanna attack I dodge and every time I wanna dodge I attack. The stamina system is going to take some getting used to. The starting cleaver weapon is garbage. I wouldn’t mind getting ambushed from behind by surprise if the camera, targeting, and collision detection wasn’t so wonky and unresponsive. And I still have no fucking idea what Insight is for.

Gonna put the controller down for a bit. Spent an hour last night and an hour right now just trying to get past the first boss. I really wanna enjoy this game and pushed through because of all the praise I’ve heard for it. I just don’t think I have the patience for these kind of games anymore lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Insight isn't really something you need to really pay attention to tbh. It influences very little and is otherwise just currency to receive co-op help.

If you manage to get down to the sewers there's a an alternate saw cleaver (saw spear) and a badge that lets you buy the starting weapons you didn't pick, or you can restart (you haven't lost too much real "progress" by this point) and try out the others. I've always sworn by the axe since the transformed mode has insane reach and power in one package. Saw cleaver's main strength is being really fast in short mode which is enough to outspeed the regular villagers. Long mode only changes the reach and attack angles for cleaver; doesn't inherently make it do more damage. I've never been much of a fan of the cane so I can't comment on it too much.

I also swear by the blunderbuss; use it defensively to stagger enemies, and it also has an easier parry timing than the pistol imo.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yeah I'm pretty godawful at Bloodborne too. I've grown so dependent on ingame maps I get lost easy.

Anyway, had a birthday coupon from Nintendo expire soon so grabbed Mario and Luigi Superstars + Bowser's Minions. Never played any of the games in the franchise before but pretty enjoyable.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Insight isn't really something you need to really pay attention to tbh. It influences very little and is otherwise just currency to receive co-op help.

If you manage to get down to the sewers there's a an alternate saw cleaver (saw spear) and a badge that lets you buy the starting weapons you didn't pick, or you can restart (you haven't lost too much real "progress" by this point) and try out the others. I've always sworn by the axe since the transformed mode has insane reach and power in one package. Saw cleaver's main strength is being really fast in short mode which is enough to outspeed the regular villagers. Long mode only changes the reach and attack angles for cleaver; doesn't inherently make it do more damage. I've never been much of a fan of the cane so I can't comment on it too much.

I also swear by the blunderbuss; use it defensively to stagger enemies, and it also has an easier parry timing than the pistol imo.
    Thanks. Gonna check out the area some more before going back to the boss. I’ll probably grind some stats seeing as how the doll woke up now. You can parry with the pistol?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

maybe it was just because I was getting used to the controls and the pace of the combat, but to me the first area and the first boss felt harder than many of the later parts of the game

make sure you're opening shortcuts and grind/level up if you have to

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Central Yharnam is pretty intentionally hard mostly because a lot of options are barred from you until you clear it (blood gems, weapon upgrades beyond like +1 or +2, weapon choice in general, chalice dungeons, etc). It's sort of the playground before you go back to class.

Parrying is when you shoot with your gun pretty much just before an attack would hit you. Virtually all regular enemies can be parried like this and most humanoid bosses as well. There will be a very noticeable sound when you do it correctly; quickly run or dash up to it and hit R1 and you'll do a grab-like attack which does a huge amount of damage and keeps you invincible while it's active. The blunderbuss has a very slightly longer windup and delay but in return it generally staggers weaker enemies even if you mistimed the parry window.

e: Very late getting around to it but starting Tales of Berseria. Angry waifu adventures.

BG Level

Yeah just tried it out and got the parry off a few times. So far this game is so god damn methodically slow, parrying definitely helps to speed it up. Was able to finally clear the cleric beast at least once I learned to dodge towards his smaller arm.

Found out about the beckoning bell, tried it out, fought father Gascoigne and the dude 3-4 shotted it. O_o. Felt slightly cheated lol.

BG Level

Okay. For the meme that says this game is hard. It’s not. It’s just an endless trial and error spam fest of vague as fuck objectives.

The controls suck, the camera angles suck, and the weapons are the most uninspiring shit ever so far. I’ve been dumping all my stats mostly into stamina because the action game but not really it’s turn based shit was starting to get annoying.

The fucking health bars above enemies might as well be removed because magic pixels are more a detriment than they are a benefit. Seriously. Fix this shit. “Oh he’s dead. SURPRISE! He’s still alive with a pixel of health.”

Bodied Blood-Starved Beast for free. Seemed like the logical boss. Since the hunter guy shooting at you atop the clock tower has God Mode turned on.

So I spend the next four hours wondering and wandering what the fuck do I do. Apparently I had to buy a bullshit unknown, unbeknownst item from bath messenger to open up a new area.

tl;dr The game is so much fun when it flows from one portion into the other. It’s not when one missed swing of stamina with the enemy right in front of it translates to death cuz this game sucks and doesn’t auto correct cuz it has to be hard!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    So I spend the next four hours wondering and wandering what the fuck do I do. Apparently I had to buy a bullshit unknown, unbeknownst item from bath messenger to open up a new area.
    There's some route to skip this but I can't recall where exactly. The item just circumvents a bit of the area.

BG Level

restarted Divinity: Original Sin II after stalling out on my initial playthrough, the thoughtfulness in this game really is incredible. hard to remember such creative freedom when engaging with a game's systems and it extends to every corner of the game, from combat to characterization to quest completion. how they managed to not Skyrim it all and establish that freedom by way of subpar quality also impresses, the combat is so satisfying and the writing quite good.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Battletech. It's the next X-COM style game I needed. So much more flexible.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Got back into Bayonetta 2 since I'm taking a break from Overwatch and lost my edge quite a bit.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

1Been playing Super Robot Wars X, and so far I'm digging it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Marvel future fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. For the meme that says this game is hard. It’s not. It’s just an endless trial and error spam fest of vague as fuck objectives.

The controls suck, the camera angles suck, and the weapons are the most uninspiring shit ever so far. I’ve been dumping all my stats mostly into stamina because the action game but not really it’s turn based shit was starting to get annoying.

The fucking health bars above enemies might as well be removed because magic pixels are more a detriment than they are a benefit. Seriously. Fix this shit. “Oh he’s dead. SURPRISE! He’s still alive with a pixel of health.”

Bodied Blood-Starved Beast for free. Seemed like the logical boss. Since the hunter guy shooting at you atop the clock tower has God Mode turned on.

tl;dr The game is so much fun when it flows from one portion into the other. It’s not when one missed swing of stamina with the enemy right in front of it translates to death cuz this game sucks and doesn’t auto correct cuz it has to be hard!
    Classic souls rant, welcome to the franchise.

And Dark Souls is not about being hard, it's about not being stupid and reckless. Bloodborne is a lot more forgiving on the reckless part but you still have to not be stupid.

BG Level

You’re right. There’s nothing hard at all about taking turns to attack one another. I just don’t have the patience anymore for these kind of games lol. I’m too used to and spoiled by Platinum. The settings at least in Bloodborne are super bad ass and keeps me coming back. The game almost feels like a spiritual successor to Castlevania. I would gladly play with the thread cane/whip some more if it didn’t suck ass.

Dark Souls is a series about patience, experience and learning things so if you aren't willing to give the game a chance then you get your reaction. Hit and run is how all Souls games play until you get used to it, then it's hit and dodge, stagger and fuck, repeat.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

One main takeaway (in my opinion anyways) from both BB and DS is that a lot of attacks are designed in such a way that if you panic and mash dodge straight away from it, you usually end up hit by a followup. Rewards a certain level of either cautious aggression or just patient defensive play.

Also yes, not a series for people averse to reading and paying attention to things people and items say. It also rewards exploration since the item you bought (if I'm thinking of the right one) is optional and just opens shit up early/easily and there's an alternative route.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

You’re right. There’s nothing hard at all about taking turns to attack one another. I just don’t have the patience anymore for these kind of games lol. I’m too used to and spoiled by Platinum. The settings at least in Bloodborne are super bad ass and keeps me coming back. The game almost feels like a spiritual successor to Castlevania. I would gladly play with the thread cane/whip some more if it didn’t suck ass.
    Once you finish the game, go down the rabbit hole of youtube and bloodborne lore. Dark Souls was my first SoulsBorne game and I quit at Capra Demon. I bought Bloodborne because I loved the setting. I made the decision to not quit and power through. It was such a rewarding decision. This game is deep. It's something I will not soon forget and even though I have so many other games in my backlog I find myself wanting to replay Bloodborne.

The DLC is also incredible and easily worth the price. I still haven't beat the "last" boss. And while I do not want to spoil, there is a certain boss where the intensity and difficulty is breathtaking. Even though I beat it, I still watch fights on youtube because of how great it is.

Bloodborne is special. It's a one of a kind game that will not be replicated. Keep at it and delve into the madness that it presents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag