BG Level

we need a proper xwing remake

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's also 30 bucks, which is uh, excessive
    Especially after Tomb Raider 1-3 Remaster just came out a couple weeks ago for the same price, which had a similar level of TLC with new assets created for the release.

If this included Jedi Knight 1+MotS that'd have sweetened the deal, due to how much a pain in the ass it is getting that game running acceptably on modern OS. Dark Forces you could always just hit up DOSBOX or that Force Engine project. As it stands though? You can get the whole Jedi Knight series off sale on Steam, for a buck less than just the Dark Forces Remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    we need a proper xwing remake
    Would be nice (especially an X-Wing + TIE + XvT Collection), but I'm not holding my break for a remake, with how these modern releases like to have console ports alongside. That series required a lot of the keyboard to operate, without resorting to simplifying it like Squadrons did.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

playing FFXI again fucking god damn carbuncle's ruby hate this fucking game why do I do this to myself this is bullshit IT DOES NOT EXIST I SWEAR TO FUCK

anyway yeah, back to XI. it's... great....

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Stellar Blade demo is out. I was skeptical. Story a lot of nonsense, but oh man the fighting is top tier. Def picking this one up.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was wondering about that game. Might have to check it out.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Finished GoW: Ragnarok Main Story. It was one of the most memorable games I've ever played. Some boss fights literally doubled my heart bpm. Thanks to the completionist in me it took me about 50 hours, after a break I'll probably work on the rest of the stuff for Platinum.

Spoiler: show
    Heimdall, Thor, Odin and many other story battles were simply spectacular. I loved the way they kept the story boss difficulty easy/medium level to ensure the player simply enjoys them, and saved the real challenge for the optional bosses

GoW 2018 was my first game in the series, I'll definitely look to play I, II and III sometime in the future.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

when you do come back after break i must reiterate my love for the Vallhalla DLC and urge you to complete it. it is so good. think Santa Monica kinda lowballed themselves by making it free and a surprise drop, it deserves so much more acclaim and fanfare than it gets.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    when you do come back after break i must reiterate my love for the Vallhalla DLC and urge you to complete it. it is so good. think Santa Monica kinda lowballed themselves by making it free and a surprise drop, it deserves so much more acclaim and fanfare than it gets.
    Non cash grab, quality expansions are quite rare. I’ll definitely be playing it.

Like any good business Santa Monica focuses on the long-term value creation and relationship with the playerbase. They know this translates into financial success as well.

GoW is a “buy on day 1 whatever the price” franchise for me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Picked up Bayonetta 3; decided to start with 1 and 2. Bayonetta 1 is awesome, should I expect the same quality from 2 and 3 as well?

I heard around that the first one is notoriously difficult but on 6th Chapter and the game doesn’t feel punishing, especially with the frequent checkpoints (andI am super cool with this). In general I am also a poor blocker but a good at evading and it seems like witch time is giving me a good edge, I don’t even bother with normal attacks anymore just witch time the hell out of them.

Gameplay wise each one is better than the last (though 3 changes the weapon style quite a lot), so if you don't care that much on the story it's pretty easy going.

The first game is only hard in that it has some artificial jank like stupid instant death QTEs with terrible timing, the sequels are generally more fair with difficulty though some fights/enemies are just pain.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Thanks! QTE’s are annoying indeed and feels old fashioned but thankfully there is a checkpoint before every event.

Ridill
    BG Level

I’m playing through Dark Souls to completion for my 4 year old. Did two-handed Zweihander run for DS1, craftsmith hammer for DS2, and currently using flame sellsword twinblades for DS3, which are broken as fuck. I’ll be playing Demons’ Souls PS5 for the first time(ps5 version. I played the hell out of ithe original version) after this, and then probably Elden Ring to set up a new character for the DLC.

Probably won’t do Bloodborne because it’s probably a bit too intense. I might stop after DS3 to play Dragon’s Dogma 2. A shame I couldn’t get to the eclipse of DS3 before RL eclipse.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Finished Bayonetta 1, the game was very well balanced except for QTE’s and one hit kills, feels as if they made them to artificially increase the difficulty when it was simply not necessary.

Will start Bayonetta 2 one chapter/day. From my brief time with it it looks like the battle system is more fluid and graphics are way better. I’m loving this series!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Might want to stop after 2 lol. I'm half joking half not. But yeah the combat in 2 is way more varied from what I remember.

Ridill
    BG Level

I had beaten Bayonetta 2 and unlocked some costumes for the next playthrough- or I waited to change costumes for the next playthrough, I don’t remember. Anyway, the costume had a very short skirt. I played the start of the game for like a few minutes, then stopped and didn’t touch the game after that for awhile. A long time after, with my wife- gf at the time in the room, I start it up again and the cutscene that starts playing has Bayo doing a bunch of crazy jumps and stuff and it’s just upskirt 24/7.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I say this as a lifelong gamer. That is a once in a lifetime memory for gaming, cherish that shit forever, LOL

Ridill
    BG Level

It was this one:
    Spoiler: show

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

LOL.

I’ll have to admit, If it was purchasable on the first playthrough I’d so grind the halos and be like “just take my money!”

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag