+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Finished the Alan Wake games not too long ago and had a lot of fun with the first. Felt like a Steven King novel.

American Nightmares on the other hand... well if it wasn't for Mr. Scratch I'd say that was a dud.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just finished FE: Echoes. Still need to finish Fates (if only to Ebay my collector's edition and damn near have enough to buy a Switch).

Working on Bravely Second now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Way late on playing this, but finally got around to playing Final Fantasy Type-0 and this game is just great. After feeling kind of meh at the FF12 remake, this game just feels much better as a war story and I actually like the characters and world. Only real complaints I have are kind of spoilery near the end I guess.

Spoiler: show
    Final boss being impossible to lose was really lame. I think FF10 was like this as well and I thought it was equally lame there. The whole final chapter and finding out the actual story of what was going on was quite a surprise though and I did greatly enjoy that aspect of it.

Still working on new game+ and beyond and unlocking all of the things in this game just because I enjoy it so much.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I really liked the game play of Type-0, but that constant KUPO got on my last nerve. Eventually I'll buy it for Steam but I'm in no rush.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Playing Marvel Future fight? Anyone play this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Summer Games back on 8/8

-New skins for 2017 (Mercy/Widow/Junkrat/McCree confirmed)
    -Old skins will be available for purchase at the default non-event rarity price
    -New Lucioball map
    -Competitive Lucioball in Arcade
    -Tweeks to Lucioball rules (Can't stand in enemy goal and now the ult increases your jump height, speed, and how often you can alt click instead of dragging ball to you)

Ridill
    BG Level

I was really short on time previously and mi video game time suffered for it. I've recently gotten a little more time and so I've been able to knock out a few games, but I've still got quite the backlog and I'm not sure which to play next. I'm not sure if I should focus on the shorter games just to get them out of the way, or just play a big rpg. Here's what I'm working with:

Fallout 4, Persona 5, Odin Sphere Leiblahblah, Grand Kingdom, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac, World of Final Fantasy, Mass Effect Andromeda, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dishonored Remake, Dishonored 2, Prey.

I think I'm leaning towards Prey first, though I liked the first Tomb Raider game a lot. I've been looking forward to playing the International version of FF12 for years, but every time I think about how much I really didn't like the beginning of that game, especially Vaan and Penelope(?) it kind of stops me. Type-0 I remember playing the intro of that game i think some time last year but I lost interest real quick in it. I think it was because initially I had absolutely no idea what was happening. Loved Dishonored 1, loved Persona 4 and the only reason that wasn't automatically and immediately a must-play was because I wanted to spend an extravagant amount of time playing it and I dont think I have the time I want to for it atm. Mass Effect I'm in no rush for and I only bought that because of a deep discount. Same thing with Fallout 4. Odin Sphere, Grand Kingdom, and World of Final Fantasy I admittedly dont really know much about those games at all other than rough generalizations from quickly googled reviews before I picked them up during sales.

So, anyone in the market for selling me one which of these games I should divert my attention to?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed Fallout 4. While it's more shooter than rpg in a respect, I enjoyed 141 hours I've put into it, and I don't even have the season pass. I had similar feelings when trying XII on emulator.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I feel like Fallout 4 is ultimately a bad game, but for whatever reason it takes like 100 hours to realize it.

Prey is pretty fucking dope tho, I would definitely recommend it.

Ridill
    BG Level

And so I think my next game shall be Prey.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Started a fresh play through of Fallout 3 because I finally figured out how to activate the DLC. From inspiration from my brother I am finishing a play through of Red Dead Redemption and I am also trying to 100% Mad Max.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I finally started Breath of Fire IV, I had it on my backlog for many, many years, one of the very few RPGs on the PSX than I still haven't got around playing, enjoying it so far.

Whenever I tell someone that I like 90's and early 00's RPGs more than today's ones they all keep saying I'm blinded by nostalgia or some crap, these games have something that games today are missing >!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Playing Fire Emblem, Birthright after finishing Conquest.

Sorry to the people who liked this but.. this is definitely one of the weaker entries into the FE series. Finished up Shadows of Valentia before this.

Oh well, going to power through so I can Ebay my LE for a good chunk of change.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I finally started Breath of Fire IV, I had it on my backlog for many, many years, one of the very few RPGs on the PSX than I still haven't got around playing, enjoying it so far.

Whenever I tell someone that I like 90's and early 00's RPGs more than today's ones they all keep saying I'm blinded by nostalgia or some crap, these games have something that games today are missing >!
    BoF III and IV are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

About 50 hours into Hollow Knight. It's one of the best metroidvanias to come out in years.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BoF4's camera will drive you insane though. Its angle is god-awful terrible with how tall the devs decided to make every god damn wall in the towns.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

So What Are YOU Playing?

Finally getting around to FFXV. Few chapters in, but my obsession with fishing is preventing me from making any significant progress with the main story the past week lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Doing some testing on a Seagate 8TB external that reads 5425rpm. 4K reads per CrystalDiskMark had it faster than my WD RE4 7200rpm. Played Max Payne 3 for a bit last night and load times were fine. Installing Argo (Arma free to play FPS) and Fallout New Vegas to test next. Krandor, you're the Fallout mod dude. Tell me all mods to get. But keep in mind I'm currently only using a R9 380 4GB. I'll get my hands on a R9 290X 4GB pretty soon though.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I dont have the game installed atm but I think I saved my mod folder, I'll look at it later and edit this post.

Edit : I do not have mods saved like I thought, but I did a quick scroll for some guides (since STEP doesn't exist for Fallout 4) and this looks like a solid choice especially since it's performance focused http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556/?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I dont have the game installed atm but I think I saved my mod folder, I'll look at it later and edit this post.
    If it helps, I have the Ultimate Edition so any mod is fine. The more the merrier. I'm very interested in seeing just how slow the external is. I haven't shucked it yet, but once I decide on a GPU for the new build I probably will shuck the 8TB.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag