+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Friend and I played split screen coop last night. We ended up fighting that crazy dude eating the flesh on the beach. Got myself some new armor from him that looks awesome!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've been having trouble on this one moreso than the first. Fights are pretty unforgiving and I think part of that stems from the increased prevalence of surfaces. I have fane in my party and all his spells and even wand attacks put something (usually fire or something also explosive) which fucks up my melee guys. And his inferno skill or w/e it is sets basically all of the battle area on fire. Got quite a few quests I can't figure out as well in fort joy. Guess I need to start over on explorer difficulty lol.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can change difficulty at any time.

The infinite respecs are the fucking truth, so nice to not get stuck with your choices if you fuck something up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some of the higher levels skills are so good. I'd definitely advise anyone to not take your build too seriously till you get to act 2 and have access to more skill books. You can do some crazy stuff once you have a lot of skill available.

Reactive Armor, Bouncing Shield, Ballistic Shot and Fire Slug are all absolutely nuts.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Oh man, I am going to spend so much time on this campaign editor...

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Ballistic shot is ridiculous lol one shotted a void spawn thing with 300 armour and 400ish HP with that skill. Had 31m of distance, crit and 50% height bonus damage lol this game really encourages sneaking around and breaking team members up to look for the highest advantage. Barely did any of that in the first game

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems the game beat the record for the number of concurrent players for cRPG games on Steam by a nice number and the sales are already twice of what the 1st game was during its initial stage. Good for them

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Realizing how many freaking quests are bugged out and can't be completed is triggering the shit out off me.

Didnt make it *that* far into the game (ok, like 20 hours, but not that much for a game of this size) so might just chill out and wait for a couple patches before starting fresh. Also didn't put Fane in my party which seems like a huge fuck up since his infinite lockpicking would be mad useful.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Been playing the hell out of this game, I gotta say this game is GOTY material for me, one of the greatest RPG up there with The Witcher 3

BG Level

yeah after a bit of a slow start i have been playing the absolute shit out of this game. the systems remain just as strong if not stronger than the original's and the encounter design feels even better, and the writing/story/NPCs are exponentially better. still a light-hearted game but injected with enough maturity and pathos to make the proceedings that much more memorable.

we'll see if the remaining acts are as good as the first but it is rapidly ascending into hallowed 'one of the GOAT RPGs' territory.

downloading this now, never played the first one. anything i should know going in or just go in and fuck shit up?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If your main character doesn't have Pet Pal, make sure to grab Ifan so at least one person does.

If you're not playing an Undead, make sure to get Fane (and level up his thievery skill) for infinite lockpicks.

Don't worry about fucking up your skills or talents at the beginning of the game, at the start of Act 2 you unlock infinite respecs. Same principle applies to skillbooks, go ahead and burn em cause you can always buy more.

And speaking of buying stuff, and thus money... save every piece of gear that has +Thievery on it. Stealing from people is by far the most efficient way to make money, and every point of Thievery dramatically increases how much you can steal.

Ooze Barrel + any bladed weapon = adds poison damage

Nails + any footwear = immune to slipping.

Lastly, min max like a Motherfucker. There are good general purpose skills you ideally want everyone to have (mostly the assorted teleportation abilities and Chicken debuff), but you'll be far better off in combat focusing on maximizing each characters specific strengths. This extends to social/civil talents. Focus on Persuasion and Lucky Charm for your main character, and make sure you have party members heavily invested in Bartering, Loremaster, and Thievery.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wish they fixed the game forcing tactical view in battle. Me and a friend play split screen across two monitors and it puts the cursor/center in between them. Other than that it's great. The true kicker is that it goes back to split screen for enemy turns in battle. Only forces tactical during our turns.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Sorry for the bump but I'm having an issue I cant really find a verified solution. Downloaded the game earlier today and when I start the game the game crashes and gives me an error;
    "The game has encountered an unrecoverable DirectX error and will shut down. This error may be triggers by reasons that are not related to Divinity: Original sin 2. Please try the following before restarting: Disable any screen recording software you may be running. Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed. Disable SLI/CrossFireX. Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. Description: Hardware device removed. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG."

I'm not running any recording software, just updated to nvidia 385.69 drivers today, not running an SLI or CrossfireX.

PC specs: Windows 7 SP1. Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz. RAM: 16.0GB. System type: 64-bit. Nvidia Geforce GTX 780M.

I tried going to the game folder itself and tried running as admin and same thing, disabled all anti-virus, same thing. Seen some video about deleting some forms of C++ and then doing something else, don't remember right now. Anyone more tech advanced than I able to come up with any idea? If this is the wrong spot for this I'll post this in the tech thread as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Try going back to older drivers then?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Try going back to older drivers then?
    It first happened with the older drivers first, that is why I decided to update to the newer ones.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

With Nvidia, I try to stay an update behind, so whatever is current, use the previous. You can try disabling Secure Boot in bios (it worked for the first game for many users). Make sure DirectX is updated.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quick question (and a disclaimer about my memory failing me about the games)
    I hated how the dialogue outcomes were handled when your companion could choose a different dialogue choice than you could in OS1, based on some random thing when you played solo, is that still there?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    With Nvidia, I try to stay an update behind, so whatever is current, use the previous. You can try disabling Secure Boot in bios (it worked for the first game for many users). Make sure DirectX is updated.
    Regarding DirectX update, I followed what Microsoft has on their site on what to do and it didn't seem to trigger an update, not sure if that is actually the update thing or not. And last time someone messed with anything BIOS related on a PC of mine, it got messed up royal and it ended up causing a lot of other issues I'd like to avoid if possible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Quick question (and a disclaimer about my memory failing me about the games)
    I hated how the dialogue outcomes were handled when your companion could choose a different dialogue choice than you could in OS1, based on some random thing when you played solo, is that still there?
    No, in OS2 only one person can talk to an NPC at a time, everybody else can only listen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast