+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Surprise drop on Switch today

Plus the PC version has cross-save with the Switch and they baked a bunch of the best mods into the main game (including free Pet Pal and Sprint)

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Banned.

BG Level

Sorry for necro but yall got me interested in this game so I bought it. It's fun so far. I remember someone posting a starter guide or video a while back but cant find it can I get the link plz.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    Sorry for necro but yall got me interested in this game so I bought it. It's fun so far. I remember someone posting a starter guide or video a while back but cant find it can I get the link plz.

Maybe this? https://youtu.be/fHD-PQHzNmE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i too enjoy this game so far

my group has a poor mix of abilities but i imagine i'll be able to respec before it's too annoying

BG Level

never be sorry this game fuckin rocks and deserves necros till the end of time

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    i too enjoy this game so far

my group has a poor mix of abilities but i imagine i'll be able to respec before it's too annoying
    free and endless respecs pop up in Act 2 once you blow the theocratic fascist popsicle stand that is Fort Joy

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

stole the High Judge's paintings and sold them to the kitchen king, muwhaha

i have enough gold to pick out a couple skillbooks but i'm not sure yet which i want, so i stopped here last night for more consideration. after i decide, it's time to slip this collar and probably be even more perplexed in battle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

also i have the physical edition for Switch and i read the instructional manual in bed like a 90s kid in the backseat on the drive home from Toys R Us. grumble grumble, should've been an elf

it runs surprisingly well, albeit with less fidelity and kinda long load times. i won't play it much in handheld until i understand the game better though

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

also also i opened only a couple gift bags for my first playthrough but i did opt to take the free Pet Pal thing. all the talent does now on my save file is increase animals' Attitude towards me

The Anti Miz

BG Level

stole the High Judge's paintings and sold them to the kitchen king, muwhaha

i have enough gold to pick out a couple skillbooks but i'm not sure yet which i want, so i stopped here last night for more consideration. after i decide, it's time to slip this collar and probably be even more perplexed in battle
    Give at least two of your character level 2 thief if you can. It’s a life changer in act 1 when shit is expensive and gold not easy to come by. Pick pocket all the skill books and gold & expensive stuff you can.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i been fingering all the doors and chests with Fane (and put 1 in Thievery) so far but i haven't tried to pickpocket anyone yet

can you really pickpocket the skillbooks from NPCs? man i need to quit feigning honorability

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Yep, just engage them in conversation with one character then switch to another, go behind the npc then sneak + pitpocket. You can only pickpocket an npc 1 time per character and if someone sees you it will break your sneak. On PC you push shift to see everyone’s field of vision, not sure what the switch equivalent would be.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

man that's fucking brilliant mate

this game is a quite welcome change of pace after playing git gud action games for the last 8 months

The Anti Miz

BG Level

man that's fucking brilliant mate

this game is a quite welcome change of pace after playing git gud action games for the last 8 months
    Don’t forget to have whoever did the thieving run away a bit, the NPCs will notice if they’ve been robbed and ask to search you but it’s all good if your thief is out of range

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Don’t forget to have whoever did the thieving run away a bit, the NPCs will notice if they’ve been robbed and ask to search you but it’s all good if your thief is out of range
    If memory serves me, after the initial search of your guiltless friends, you'll want to move said item to one of their backpacks because when the robber joins back up, the robbed can ask to check if this new person has it. Or was it just one flat out initial search the robbed does? I can't totally remember

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    If memory serves me, after the initial search of your guiltless friends, you'll want to move said item to one of their backpacks because when the robber joins back up, the robbed can ask to check if this new person has it. Or was it just one flat out initial search the robbed does? I can't totally remember
    For me it was just one search

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

what if it's a skillbook and you learn that shit

HA! evidence destroyed~

BG Level

have you all no honor

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i thought about the game all day yesterday and then had a stupid long day with work and only played about 15min last night..

which was enough time to pop my hymen of honorability and pickpocket Maol and then fail on Gawin in a busier area

for the curious the Switch version displays all fields of vision automatically when entering Sneak Mode

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast