+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    i thought about the game all day yesterday and then had a stupid long day with work and only played about 15min last night..

which was enough time to pop my hymen of honorability and pickpocket Maol and then fail on Gawin in a busier area

for the curious the Switch version displays all fields of vision automatically when entering Sneak Mode
    Boy you better try Gawin again, has a pretty good robe. FYI the higher your thief skill the more weight/value you can steal

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Aayyy, today I have finally equipped a piece of gear in every slot for my whole party.

I (think I) had all 4 characters at the exact same exp and now Lohse is 2.4k behind everyone else. How can a character miss out on exp? It looked like characters earn battle exp even while dead. I notice sometimes not every character is brought into the fight. Maybe she missed one.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also who says Classic Mode difficulty the way to go for a first playthrough?

I've went through a handful of Resurrection Scrolls so far but I think it'll be fine. I watched a couple vids for beginners just now saying people should play Explorer Mode.

BG Level

i did Tactician on my first playthrough and it was p dang tough (getting slaughtered by intro frogs and crocs is the stuff of legends) but made it through in the end without cheesing. wouldn't recommend anything below Classic, you'll get through the game without being forced to engage with the systems that really make the baby shine.

Aayyy, today I have finally equipped a piece of gear in every slot for my whole party.

I (think I) had all 4 characters at the exact same exp and now Lohse is 2.4k behind everyone else. How can a character miss out on exp? It looked like characters earn battle exp even while dead. I notice sometimes not every character is brought into the fight. Maybe she missed one.
    the mark you have truly arrived

and yuh characters earn the same amount of XP even when dead, even when not in the fight that earns it, is prolly just a bug. after Act 1 all companions will have their XP invariably tethered to your main character's. if you dismiss and rehire Lohse right away she should tether as well even in Act 1, which is the only time the bug seems to pop up.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I played classic and it wasnt bad. Most fights were pretty easy once I figured out all the various elemental combinations and got the hang of battlefield tactics.

I can only remember two brutally hard fights, both at the end of the game and both have choices / dialogue options that make them more manageable.

BG Level

i'm stoked to get my hands on the undead dragon boss they added in the latest gift bag, hear buzz it's the hardest fight in the game

BG Level

been fucking around with experimentation in combat this playthrough (still just a wee level 5 in Fort Joy), didn't realize tossed item damage is determined by its weight so filled a chest with as much crap as it could take and teleported it onto a too-high-for-my-level mob and 1 shotted the cunt

also crafting nails onto any boots you own will make the character wearing them unslippable. equipped whole party with the spiky jawns, rained the entire battlefield, iced the entire battlefield, and watched half a dozen enemies fall down every turn as they hopelessly tried to traverse the impromptu ice rink

game really does reward creativity in thought more than damn near any other i've played

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Holy shit I didn’t realize that about thrown items, that is hilarious

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

One of the hardest fights in the game for me was the battle to enter Arx. JFC. You think you're done? Here's some more mobs for you.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

nice, sounds like Explorer mode is actually kinda a poor recommendation. one might complete the game but not experience the game

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I played classic and it wasnt bad. Most fights were pretty easy once I figured out all the various elemental combinations and got the hang of battlefield tactics.

I can only remember two brutally hard fights, both at the end of the game and both have choices / dialogue options that make them more manageable.
    i'm obviously nub and maybe picking things up more slowly than you did because i've oops'd into a fight i couldn't handle a few times in Act 1. i wasn't even close to being able to handle Radeka when i first stumbled into her -- haven't been back yet

even if i don't have to load my last save anew, i also still fumble with the hotbar and menus sometimes and then waste items. accidentally drank a half dozen potions and just last night before bed i cheaply used another rez scroll when i couldn't gtfo the tower with the captive necros before i had to fight them thrice and they caught me slippin'

tbf PC would be easier and often require fewer commands

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    One of the hardest fights in the game for me was the battle to enter Arx. JFC. You think you're done? Here's some more mobs for you.
    oh yea that one sucked too at first I was stoked cuz there was a ton of NPC help at the start and they just got destroyed in like 1 round of enemy turns

The Anti Miz

BG Level

nice, sounds like Explorer mode is actually kinda a poor recommendation. one might complete the game but not experience the game

i'm obviously nub and maybe picking things up more slowly than you did because i've oops'd into a fight i couldn't handle a few times in Act 1. i wasn't even close to being able to handle Radeka when i first stumbled into her -- haven't been back yet

even if i don't have to load my last save anew, i also still fumble with the hotbar and menus sometimes and then waste items. accidentally drank a half dozen potions and just last night before bed i cheaply used another rez scroll when i couldn't gtfo the tower with the captive necros before i had to fight them thrice and they caught me slippin'

tbf PC would be easier and often require fewer commands
    oh no, rest assured that I oops'd into plenty of fights I wasn't ready for. Guess I wasn't really considering those when I made that post. There are two I stupidly wandered into in Act 2 that I can think of off the top of my head, one of them I wiped before I even took a turn.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man, I have both, but I still need to finish the first one.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I revisited Radeka last night and slapped that bitch silly this time.

It's not cheesy to unchain your whole party and then put everyone on high terrain is it? I also used Fane's Time Warp for my first Source-requiring skill in a fight, hasted and double-turned Red Prince. I killed her in the first round of turns and then later dropped a wheelbarrow on a big bug thanks to inspiration here.

I'm still holding all these soul jars because I can't handle the idea of deciding their fate just yet. To dip my toes in the water of unprovoked murder, I went back to the ghetto areas and killed Yarrow and Migo after letting their inane babble go on long enough. Migo's breastplate was still worth equipping even 3+ levels later -- maybe should've killed him sooner.

BG Level

It's not cheesy to unchain your whole party and then put everyone on high terrain is it?
    not at all any difficult fight is going to require prefight positioning

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC) | Definitive Edition (PC/PS4/XB1)

Catch your boy before every fight creeping in a barrel.

BG Level

ABCB (always be carrying barrels)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i don't know so much but at least i know that i don't know

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

the goal is to play Divinity all weekend until i get a mild headache, step outside a few minutes, then get right back to it

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I think I stopped playing right before the pandemic and I was running a Lone Wolf (with 1 partner) playthrough. It was pretty fun and I got much further than my first blind playthrough. I watched a video of some "party builds" and I'm interested in trying that out for a fresh playthrough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast