+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I finished off the PS4 version with a solo Honour mode run. A certain room near the end was a bit nerve-wracking, but I ended up having zero issues with it. Used the Elder Blood God build, game got stupidly easy like around level 15. Gonna try out the relic stuff after I buy the PC version.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    the goal is to play Divinity all weekend until i get a mild headache, step outside a few minutes, then get right back to it
    i got in some hours but not quite this many

man there's so much shit everywhere on the map i don't even know whose ass needs spanking first

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

give me a quick rundown on this as a coop game for my wife and I to play, never played the first and dont know anything about this one

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

video from the OP

you can recruit a party of up to 4, which i'd probably recommend but if you want to you could just play the two of you and your wife (and take some innate talents that strengthen your characters to compensate for the smaller party)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

don't really need to know anything about the first one but rather just have a taste for CRPGs. if not, it might feel slow or boring with the sort of extensive dialogue and exploration that's possible. if you're fine with that, it's prolly worth a go. the narration is excellent, the voice acting generally great, the content density fantastic, and the combat system is amazing and perhaps the best part for many fans of the game

if you do try it and like it, consider saving often. for quite abruptly shit can go from easy like Sunday morning to tits up

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    give me a quick rundown on this as a coop game for my wife and I to play, never played the first and dont know anything about this one
    top tier co-cop game, known a number of couples to get into it and enjoy. 4-member party is traditional where each person controls 2 members of the party, tho you can just each play a single character (tho as the pre-created NPCs come with extensive personal sidequests you'll lose out on a lot of story content doing this).

the game itself is defined by freedom more than anything else, you can experience the entire thing together or mostly go your separate ways exploring different areas simultaneously and getting into fights independent of each other. you can betray each other mid-fight with friendly fire, select dialogue options the other one will be horrified by, both of you will have complete autonomy to play the game as you will so it'll comes down to how yall decide to go through.

otherwise like Rora says it's your typical big dense CRPG. masterclass of the genre, but if you've played a Baldur's Gate or Dragon Age or Pillars of Eternity you know what you're getting into (tho this bitch is turn-based).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

For those looking to play coop, the Switch version does not have the split screen couch coop other consoles have. Keep that in mind when deciding between platforms.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

I am really loving the depth of quests, NPCs, dialogues and overall voice acting in the game. Just beyond the 10 hour mark and only recently left the first "area".

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You playing on Switch too, Maya?

I spent 45 hours on Act I, but I am a noob attempting to scour every bit of navigable terrain.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Yup, it was a tough decision giving up couch co op with wife and superior graphics on ps4 but overall portability is just too good to resist on any multiplatform game with a Switch version.

Judging from my gameplay so far it looks like I'll also be taking my time finishing the game..perhaps the best part of Switch is that every game, even the most hardcore ones can be enjoyed casually, in 30 min - 1 hour sessions.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    You playing on Switch too, Maya?

I spent 45 hours on Act I, but I am a noob attempting to scour every bit of navigable terrain.
    That approach is what led to me eventually feeling bogged down and quitting the game near the middle. Same thing that happens to me with every Elder Scrolls game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

found out friday that you can play 2 pcs on a local network with 1 copy so i picked this up

we just spent like an hour on our character creation and she seemed to be enjoying it so hopefully we'll have fun with this! D:

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

that said the char creation was complicated af

BG Level

it def takes some getting used to understanding the combat system is based entirely around skill points and 'classes' are just shorthand for what kind of skills you've invested in

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

can you fully respec your char? I picked a death knight but I'm already having second thoughts

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    it def takes some getting used to understanding the combat system is based entirely around skill points and 'classes' are just shorthand for what kind of skills you've invested in
    after meeting the sheep im deeply regretting not picking the talk to animals perk

it also took us like 10 minutes to figure out how to light the oil on the ship on fire and I still ended up getting roasted kek

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It will disable achievements but you can give yourself Pet Pal with the Gift Bags

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

found out friday that you can play 2 pcs on a local network with 1 copy so i picked this up

we just spent like an hour on our character creation and she seemed to be enjoying it so hopefully we'll have fun with this! D:
    nice, very nice. gl hf etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    That approach is what led to me eventually feeling bogged down and quitting the game near the middle. Same thing that happens to me with every Elder Scrolls game.
    i still optimistically like to think i will finish this game, i haven't quite felt overwhelmed yet. though i say that and haven't played in the last 7-8 days now already; vidya time has been scant and family issues given priority but imma get back in the saddle soon

i can see this game potentially bogging down some people. i think archi or someone else began playing (and presumably burned out?) around the time i began playing

BG Level

can you fully respec your char? I picked a death knight but I'm already having second thoughts
    yee once you hit Act 2 (which takes a while) you can respec everything, even appearance, as much as you want at no cost

after meeting the sheep im deeply regretting not picking the talk to animals perk
    i warned you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

we are playing on 2 different machines in the same room with controllers- I understand that when either of us is talking to a npc the other can find them in the game and walk over to them and "listen" to the conversation but otherwise we have like 2 different dialogue tracks going at the same time and its distracting/annoying or I feel like we're missing out on story.

what do people usually do playing coop?