Closed Thread
Page 15 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Which pieces of the raid gear are worth making? I'm hearing a lot of good things about shantotto in the future but I'm also wondering about parade gorgets.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

What I would aim for:
    Shantotto gear (1-2 sets)
    Galka spears (a few)
    HP daggers (a few, double these than the spears)
    Evasion hat (a few, maybe more of these than spears)

How many of those depends on how much you can farm.
    HP daggers are pretty useful to slap onto any explo unit.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ooo alrighty thanks! What was the verdict on parade gorget?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    Ooo alrighty thanks! What was the verdict on parade gorget?
    2% or 3% refresh a turn, I forget which. Most don't consider it worth an accessory slot.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I'd skip unless you're a collector like me.

Don't be a collector like me.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    2% or 3% refresh a turn, I forget which. Most don't consider it worth an accessory slot.
    2%, and it's garbage. Maybe get 1 if you are collector, but that's it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hey guys, back again with another question for team composition. So I've been doing decently lately, been grinding trials, story, events, raids, etc.. The team I've been rolling with hasn't really changed, but it's:

Tilith
    Zargabaath
    Ace
    Amelia
    Earth Veritas
    Friend Unit: Usually a DPS like Orlandeau.

I recently came into Knight Delita and took him to 5* Lv. 80 and left him there, as I've been dumping burst pots into him, though I've run out so I'm thinking of biting the bullet and just making him a 6* as he's 15/20 on Limit Burst, but no way to get pots as I've exhausted my supply from tickets/Colosseum. On top of that, today I pulled a Rikku. I know that Rikku is one of the top dawgs and wouldn't mind getting her into my team. Same goes for Knight Delita once he's a 6* to atleast use him occasionally. Essentially, I don't really know how to fit these characters into my team. Delita I think I can replace Amelia to put him in, as he'd then be the breaker/finisher I assume. Not really sure how to slot in Rikku though, any ideas?

My Ace has Tri-Beam Laser +2 and Spirit Hand +1, if that factors into changing party composition around. I do also have a Warrior of Light, but he's pretty frail when compared to my EV (~80 Defense/20 SPR difference) with the same gear, so I haven't been using him (he gets rekt by elite Shadow Lord, but EV doesn't really take much damage from him, and that's with a lesser ATK- debuff compared to WOL's).

Thanks for the help

EDIT: I maxed out EV's DEF with pots, so that's a big reason why I assume. My extra DEF pots have been going to Tilith, since she's the saving grace, so figured I'd try and make her a little bulkier.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

In regards to Rikku, Im probably and wrong others can correct me, but generally would replace zarg with her. Her mitigation and reraises are awesome but generally I've only used her for extended fights or hard hitting ones.
    Rikku tmr is high priority tho, its limit break+ ability is used for any kind of lb abuse setups and can make any bonus unit useful.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you replace Zarg with Rikku you lose the attack buffs, not worth it (Tilith will not be able to keep them up) unless you replace someone else with Soleil. Depending on the fight I usually drop the tank and use someone else (usually another chainer or support).
    Kinda hard to tell as is honestly but a good party composition could be: tank-healer-support-chainer-finisher-chainer (with your firend unit as any of the last three). 9S TMs can turn anyone into a chainer so that'd be easier if you have 2 or more.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While a standard party comp works for most things, I threw out the idea awhile back and just form a new party for any given event. Specifically for Shadow Lord, I've got Zarg, Tilith, Rikku, Orlandeau, and 2B, taking either a 2B, A2, OK, DV, or Orlandeau friend to 1/2 shot him once he hits physical weakness with repeat, makes it less tedious. I had OK in for a bit but he doesn't seem to be a common friend unit atm, went with my split to take advantage of chains to some degree. Could use Luneth as a finisher too, but I'm lazy and set in my ways of spamming repeat. Some events I'll use a tank, sometimes even 2 (100% voker + cover tank for example), sometimes I'm more on the buff/debuff side allowing 2 chainers to do the work, etc. There's really no concrete 100% way that you have to do everything.

Rikku is nice and all, but if there's not a threat of units getting insta gibbed repeatedly, I find more value in buffs/debuffs/damage. Her TM brings plenty of value though on the right character.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I often bench Rikku as well. Unless it's Aigaion or Morbol it's hard to find a use for her LB. 9S is often more useful for me with his breaks and imperils as it allows me to use Charlotte over WoL more often than not.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

One thing to remember is rikku will shine a bit more in the upcoming 10 man trial.

On another note, pulled a rainbow today, a zarg. Sigh...it would be great if I didn't already have him.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for the help guys. So essentially, just use her in raids as safety and keep to the current team is what I believe the consensus is. For extra DPS, would it be worth it to drop Amelia at points for Knight Delita? I think he chains decently with one of his commands, and he's a decent fisher from what I hear.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

imma be honest Zarg is one of my favorite units of all time

OF ALL TIME

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. So essentially, just use her in raids as safety and keep to the current team is what I believe the consensus is. For extra DPS, would it be worth it to drop Amelia at points for Knight Delita? I think he chains decently with one of his commands, and he's a decent fisher from what I hear.
    He definitely has more damage potential than Amelia, but chaining wise, I think she might actually work better, I'm not sure.

For what most people called a troll rainbow, I've enjoyed my Zarg. My only wishes is for his passives to be easier/more sensical to fulfill, and I wish he had a raise of some kind, even a single target one. Maybe baseline duel wield since his sprite is duel wielding. -.- They've definitely got a lot of options to give him great enhancements once those roll around.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I too don't get why people call Zarg a troll rainbow He's got great utility in a lot of ways even if he requires a bit more TMR to get there. I feel like he's going to really shine during the 10 mans.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    I too don't get why people call Zarg a troll rainbow He's got great utility in a lot of ways even if he requires a bit more TMR to get there. I feel like he's going to really shine during the 10 mans.
    I like him a lot. His elemental+ resist, all stats+ and refresh battery make him worth it completely, but that's a noobs thoughts. I also changed my friend unit to him, if anyone needs or wants to use. He's not the greatest but has decent HP/Attack, and has Pod153 equipped for when he's not buffing/refreshing MP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most were just pissed that Balthier was removed and Zarg added in its place.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Don't forget to exchange your wind fangs! Exchange period ends when maint starts. I almost just lost out on 30k fangs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Thanks for the reminder!

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast