It's not a Type 0 unit.

I'll take it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    @Vei Accepted! Good luck
    I tried twice and couldn't seem to one shot him with double setzer elemental chain. It only did about 1/3 of his health

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Double Dice deals random damage, you'll have to reset your game a few times until you get his high damage rolls (minimize/close game -> restart and resume mission; it will put you back at the beginning of your turn as long as you do it before your damage numbers go away or a little before that)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Noctis and RoTL buffs after maint. I don't even have Noctis and I'm excited for it.

How would you judge Noctis relevancy after those buffs?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So in addition to in game news, the Taiwan community team stream also confirmed that the black Friday bundles (one of which may cost 5k lapis rather than cash) and 3% rainbow rate will be coming alongside an FFXV Mog King event and the FFXV banner featuring Gladiolus, Cor, and Iris. Prolly get this as news after maintenance or later today I imagine.

Noctis will be a pretty bomb finisher with lots of utility attached post-buff, especially if you can buff his LB fill rate. He will also get enhancements later on, making him even stronger. He's more than an arena unit again.

The next few weeks will be crazy if they go FFXV - > Roy - > Cloud - > Christmas like I expect them to. I really hope they save Cloud for next year though, I wanna save more. Right now I'm at about a 60% chance of an on banner rainbow with 3% rates in play.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bundle is meh honestly, trading a banner pull for a 10+1 ticket, a 10% moogle and a mediocre sword isn't that great. The materia is ok but nothing really groundbreaking.
    If you're looking for a MAG sword there's Silvia's with +100 ATK and +84 MAG.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Bundle is meh honestly, trading a banner pull for a 10+1 ticket, a 10% moogle and a mediocre sword isn't that great. The materia is ok but nothing really groundbreaking.
    If you're looking for a MAG sword there's Silvia's with +100 ATK and +84 MAG.
    Ha, banner pulls. If only my luck wasn't like 5% for an on banner unit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you don't like banner pulls we're likely getting a 5k lapis pull with guaranteed rainbow according to the leak, that's worth more than anything on this bundle.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I'm just saying, for me, it is seems like a trade up to at least get something of value. I'm about a likely to get a banner unit on a 10+1 pull as I am with a 5K on banner pull. Might as well get a trust moogle and sword to top off.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Had 2 blues-into-golds today, Cagnazzo and Rasler. I'll take it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm glad noctis is finally getting buffed. But I don't know that he'll crack the starting rotation?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nice Zealot. I'm still looking for my first Rasler. There's a few golds I'm missing now actually. Wind Veritas and Rasler being the most notable. I also don't have the maid chick(Amelia?) but I don't have Olive so that's not a big deal.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Any advice on getting the esper kill on golbez? I may be using the wrong esper (odin), but i have had him at 1% for 10+ turns only using WoL, Rikku, and Refia shaving off his hp. By the time i use odin, he’s still at 1%. -_-

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Start summon, do your dps chain, as long as summon damage lands as the killing blow OR during the overkill phase, you'll get credit.

You have to initiate the summon before you drop his hp to zero, or it won't even summon.

I typically summon, count to two, then drop my chain. Works every time.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    I typically summon, count to two, then drop my chain. Works every time.
    One thing to keep in mind, specific to Odin, is his attack animation (not the CG, but the actual ingame attack visual) is very short. In my experience, doing that will tend to have the attack hit before the chain gets started. That works for many of the others that have long 3-5+ second animations though.

Think we'll just all agree that esper kills are the worst.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The Esper thing isn't too bad if you can use Bahamut + Summoner buff (Eiko coming soon, Garnet/Rydia now). Otherwise, chain+Esper.

The biggest thing about the sword is, I believe, it's lightning which is why people want it. Other than Coral Sword, every other option is another type.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The bundled sword has no element. The lightning sword is from Grom in Roy's banner next week.

Edit: Seems like we're getting JP Noctis, nerfs included. Flasks will remain with GL's modifiers (so stronger) but the ring is getting nerfed in MP restoration and (possibly) with unstackable dodge like in JP. No changes to the other XV units so Gladio remains meh... still want a Noctis lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So Noctis is on this banner? I wasn't expecting that for some reason.

Closed Thread
Page 57 of 153 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast