Closed Thread
Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

How should I move onto the next stage of the game? I finally have a full 6 star team at 100. I started farming for Hero rings, I have one completed and 3 fire mega away from a 2nd one. Below are my units. Is it a team comp that is stopping me from completing ELT or severe lack of higher tier gear?

http://imgur.com/a/1wepl

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    How should I move onto the next stage of the game? I finally have a full 6 star team at 100. I started farming for Hero rings, I have one completed and 3 fire mega away from a 2nd one. Below are my units. Is it a team comp that is stopping me from completing ELT or severe lack of higher tier gear?

What do you mean by next stage of the game? And completing ELT what? Hein Castle? You've definitely got a solid start to a good generalized team. I'm not familiar with who Fohlen can chain with other than himself. If there aren't any options there, it may be worth considering leveling the two Setzers up so they can chain with Prismatic with Olive closing.

Hero Rings are ok but there's quite a few better accessories out there. Have you done any TM farming? If not, that may be a better use of your energy at this stage, you've got a fair number of good ones you could be chasing to round out your team. Fohlen, Olive, Veritas of Wind and Earth, Ashe, Iilas (would be a useful healer to level, too), Gaffgarion, Agrias, Chizuru, Cecil, 9S, Zyrus, etc would all be good to get their TMs.

If you're looking at doing Hein Castle elite, I don't think you'll have much luck with what you have available. He's definitely a dick of a boss that pretty much shuts down physical based teams. I'd stick to pro to get tickets and such and complete elite with an Onion Knight carry when you can.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    What do you mean by next stage of the game? And completing ELT what? Hein Castle? You've definitely got a solid start to a good generalized team. I'm not familiar with who Fohlen can chain with other than himself. If there aren't any options there, it may be worth considering leveling the two Setzers up so they can chain with Prismatic with Olive closing.

Hero Rings are ok but there's quite a few better accessories out there. Have you done any TM farming? If not, that may be a better use of your energy at this stage, you've got a fair number of good ones you could be chasing to round out your team. Fohlen, Olive, Veritas of Wind and Earth, Ashe, Iilas (would be a useful healer to level, too), Gaffgarion, Agrias, Chizuru, Cecil, 9S, Zyrus, etc would all be good to get their TMs.

If you're looking at doing Hein Castle elite, I don't think you'll have much luck with what you have available. He's definitely a dick of a boss that pretty much shuts down physical based teams. I'd stick to pro to get tickets and such and complete elite with an Onion Knight carry when you can.
    ELT on just about anything lol.

For TMRs I have Noctis, Olive, Zidane's, and I can put a 10% moogle to Kefka to get a ribbon if needed.

Beat elite with mal and one other friends onion knight decked out with mag. Works out well. Anything to make this farming go faster helps. Failed way too many 80% explorations the last few days. Guess if it ain't 100% shits going to fail a lot.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I've started doing only explorations that are ~95%+. And I still failed one the other day at like 98%. Yes, RNG gonna RNG, but wtf?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by DFJS View Post
    Beat elite with mal and one other friends onion knight decked out with mag. Works out well. Anything to make this farming go faster helps. Failed way too many 80% explorations the last few days. Guess if it ain't 100% shits going to fail a lot.
    Mine is set up and can two turn solo it. Dual cast Alterna takes it down to about 4% with breaks and Mag boost LB lady. If I had TT and thus her TM, life would be easier. Stuck with only 3/4 Letters and Arms equipped

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

4 eleven pulls and a group of tickets and I finally net a rainbow! Oldmandu. I'm okay with this.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I set up D. Fina (876 mag) as my friend unit.

One cast of 2+ enhanced Ultima will get anyone to final boss on ELT. Auto attack with everyone else for LB crysts.

For boss, I have Desch use Full Break, and one of the 3* mage lady use her LB (mag boost). D. Fina dualcast Ultima and boss dies on turn 1.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I guess pulling mostly mages has finally paid off for me because I haven't had any trouble with this event so far. I currently have a fairly meh equiped (600ish mag) D.Fina as a friend, but with the Mag+ LB from the boobie chick and any kind of SPR down, her DC Ultima++ almost one shots the boss. With Ashe and a TT on the team, I'm overkilling him with no problem and have enough space for 3 carries, and could easily fit a fourth if I ever pull one.

Honestly though, I really don't want to pull much past dailies on this event. I burned through a lot of resources during the Nier banner (with very little to show for it outside of a pod TM) so I'm trying to restock my tickets before they release Prishe. Though it would be nice to get more strong melee units as right now my strongest ones are Aileen, Tidus and Agrias.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

i've set my D.Fina (enhanced) that can 1-shot the boss with a dual-cast ultima,... provided you supply a spirit break along with, or 2-shot w/o a spirit break.

ID - 565,646,981 if you need and im not already on your list . i have a couple spots open still

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    i've set my D.Fina (enhanced) that can 1-shot the boss with a dual-cast ultima,... provided you supply a spirit break along with, or 2-shot w/o a spirit break.

ID - 565,646,981 if you need and im not already on your list . i have a couple spots open still
    Sent. name is Vei

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post

What specific content has been out of your reach?

Units you're missing: Rikku and a Green Mage, if you end up with an Aria you should level her as well. She's got stuff in her kit that Refia doesn't and having more options for your healer is better than not.
    Units you should level: Those 2 Setzers, alternatively Ashe + Rasler can chain amusingly if you want to run a waifu+husbando, 9s, Zyrus would all be efficient use of your time to work towards.

The next time the FFXIV event comes around... make sure you pick up Y'shtola and Minfilia as they would probably greatly help you. I noticed you lack a dual casting healer which for most content you'll be fine with but the hardest content there's no way Refia can keep up without that. (alternatively if you own a Ludmille you could work on Dual Cast, it's not a bad idea to own 1 but most healers nowadays come with it) Even though the meta is moving more towards full heals, Y'shtola would be a lot better than Refia without dual cast for you and she can at least full heal the tank if they are AoE blocking.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post

Sent an invite, my ingame name is Kame. Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well after the disappointment in GL's Nier and OK banners I went back to my JP account and... pulled 2 Lilas, Aranea and Sephiroth lol. Much better, fuck GL. Step up banner is a great thing.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Apparently this fri will be the last FFXI raid that includes Shantotto 5* (why no 6* for the most badass Taru?!) and Prishe, Werei (who?!), and Kupipi (who?!). Kupipi is crap with a crap TMR, but Werei has a +40% ATK when wielding GSword that will be nice. Prishe is one of the characters that makes combo/skill chains that I don't particularly like.

For instance, one of her chains can be this:
    turn1 - self 2-turn 30% dmg mitigation
    turn2 - aoe auto-revive
    turn3 - aoe 130mp recovery

or this:
    turn1 - (JPN moonrunes, can't tell)
    turn2 - 180% ST 3hit + 25% def ignore + 3turn 100% self ATK buff
    turn3 - 250% AOE 3-hit + 25% def ignore
    turn4 - 500% ST 15-hit +50% ignore def (effective 1000%) + self 2-turn 50% damage reduction

That is a massive multiplier. But who actually manages to land a 4-hit combo? Any monster that survives 4 rounds probably isn't going to let you sit there and do this shit. And if Luneth self-ruining chains with bullshit is any example, you'd never get there anyway?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    Apparently this fri will be the last FFXI raid that includes Shantotto 5* (why no 6* for the most badass Taru?!) and Prishe, Werei (who?!), and Kupipi (who?!). Kupipi is crap with a crap TMR, but Werei has a +40% ATK when wielding GSword that will be nice. Prishe is one of the characters that makes combo/skill chains that I don't particularly like.

For instance, one of her chains can be this:
    turn1 - self 2-turn 30% dmg mitigation
    turn2 - aoe auto-revive
    turn3 - aoe 130mp recovery

or this:
    turn1 - (JPN moonrunes, can't tell)
    turn2 - 180% ST 3hit + 25% def ignore + 3turn 100% self ATK buff
    turn3 - 250% AOE 3-hit + 25% def ignore
    turn4 - 500% ST 15-hit +50% ignore def (effective 1000%) + self 2-turn 50% damage reduction

That is a massive multiplier. But who actually manages to land a 4-hit combo? Any monster that survives 4 rounds probably isn't going to let you sit there and do this shit. And if Luneth self-ruining chains with bullshit is any example, you'd never get there anyway?
    It does seem like a catch 22 with Gumi... if it lives 4 turns it's probably killing you or ruining you a lot (See: Marlboro, Algaion), and if it's not then the combos are wonk.

I wonder if they'll ever design a longer fight where these are useful where the strategy isn't "Reraise every turn lol". Algaion might've been a viable fight for it if he wasn't so painfully long and KOs your highest attack hero making Fryevia the go to

What's a good LB to cap out? Got Cecil and rikku done. Just about finished with olive. Wondering who's a good option for LB pots. Was thinking maybe veritas of the earth but I don't use him all that much. No one on my main team has an LB with maxing out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

VoE and Y'shtola/your main healer are good options imo. Maybe Minfilia if you use her?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

9S is another good candidate for bosses that can be broken.

I'll probably go with voe then. Might get some use out of him from 10 man trials. For healers I'm using tillith right now but my second healer is Refia. Then yshtola.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast