Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have Wilhelm who is enhanced and is just a purely better tank... but he doesn’t have break... or AoE cover potential without Illusionist Nichol... so I’m having a real hard time deciding who to use. Wilhelm is just beefier where as Basche does AoE tanking and meta tier breaks... plus a 70% defensive buff...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They are two completely different tanks really, you choose based on what you need for a fight. When 3* Espers come out most strategies revolve around using both actually so you're pretty much set (Wilhelm to Provoke ST hits, Basch to Cover magic with full elemental resist gear).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So many fights would be better with two tanks. But idk who I’d replace. I guess that’s why finishers died off a bit.

That said I guess I’ll jjst have to read up on fights... this game needs gear sets. Bad.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finishers are a luxury in this game sadly, every other role is far more valuable.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Finishers are a luxury in this game sadly, every other role is far more valuable.
    b-b-but muh TDH unit(s) :/

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Just realized I was capped... opened up some spots.

214 909 337

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

daily rainbow and another Aileen... that makes 5 or 6? i forget... im set for when she 7 stars i guess

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

How many of you converted to Aileen as your main DPS unit with the new awakenings?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I have an Aileen I've never touched, is she good now? There were so many Orlandeaus on my FL all the time that I had no reason to switch chainers.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I would think so. -75% Earth Imperial on her chaining move, boost in damage & hits. Plus she got a 50% atk boost with spears

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    How many of you converted to Aileen as your main DPS unit with the new awakenings?
    I'll 4ever use Onion Knight as my main-chain but she's definitely top of the back up list as soon as I finish her TMR. She's also a beast with TDH and Fixed Dice setup.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm 1 power giancryst away from unlocking Piledriver +2. May just bust and buy it from the MK

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I have 2 aileens with+2 piledriver and her polearm mastery, but i haven't madd rhe switch yet cause i dont have an artisan For either of them yet. Plus my laptop is most likely broken now so i can't macro farm for a long ass time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Aileen is stronger for sure, if you can get the hits in her chain to line up because she still moves. Also, she's still not so great for 10 mans until Camille comes out to chain with her.

If I had an Aileen(I don't), I'd enhance her once I had content I couldn't clear. For now, Oldman and Agrias are serving me well.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

welp, considering a 800 ATK DW Balthier can pretty much empty out the LGD boss's entire HP bar in two shots with a little chaining help... I'm on board. never used a finisher before but wtf this is insane

granted, that's with imbue/imperil, def break, and Finishing Blow, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    I have 2 aileens with+2 piledriver and her polearm mastery, but i haven't madd rhe switch yet cause i dont have an artisan For either of them yet. Plus my laptop is most likely broken now so i can't macro farm for a long ass time.
    good news! there's an Artisan trust moogle on sale right now for the MK event. only 100k currency, what a steal!

seriously though, lol wtf were they thinking? is ANYONE buying that?

BG Level

I absolutely cannot understand the 100k moogles. I thought they were 10k at first and even then I said "well that's a little much for a 5% specific moogle," then I saw the extra 0.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The 100k ones are all for 5* unit TMRs. Still very very not worth it. None of them are really.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm pretty sure the 100k moogle's made sense(As much as they could, anyway) on the JP side where macroing for tm isn't allowed. We're only 5 days into this MK event and I'm almost out of stuff to buy. With another 9 days I imagine those moogles wouldn't be too outlandish.

BG Level

The only thing I could possibly get is crysts and I just don't need that many of the 4th or 5th tier ones.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What the fuck, why isnt it allowed?