Closed Thread
Page 11 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, they're gonna milk 7 and 8 as much as possible so I'm totally expecting all of those main characters to be 5* in a banner of FFBE units. 8 is supposed to be releasing soon in JP so we'll see...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just pulled my second Onion Knight from daily. Haven't spent a single ticket on the banner, because I have plenty of 5* chainers. Guess I'm leveling up both and getting their TMRs though, because the thought of capping off a 2x Onion Cutter chain with an 1,100+ Cut Through seems really nice.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    I think they waited on the most popular ones, actually. That's why 7 is just now releasing Sephiroth (and we'll get cloud soon). I'm betting 8 isn't too far off as well.

But that doesn't explain why 14 is well-represented and 11 is just garbage though. I'm hoping they will release better characters later.
    XIV is more represented but many of them are garbage units so there that I guess.

XI just does not get the love it deserves seeing as how it's been operating successfully for over 15 years now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Its getting love, just not of the NA variety. They picked the first loli; werei, kupipi based on jp popularity polls. Half the Trust npcs chosen for xi were the same way.
    Watch something like that xiv show dad of light, to get a peek into the mindset of jp. All will be clear.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Werei won a popularity poll ??!?!?

Damn JP are weird.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Werei isn't a trust though, did he really win a popularity poll? He's barely in the game...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

As far as xi trust, just meant in general many were chosen that people had to go google to find out who they were.

I Know Werei gains bit more backstory in wotg expansion when he gets his bromance scenes with Raogrimm.
    However I have no clue why, for a SL raid, there is no Zeid.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I think, as much as everyone loves Zeid and Iron Eater and all the famous Galka, Werei trained them, so getting the master of the legendary fighters seems appropriate.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I'd still prefer someone like Curilla or even Trion. Prishe with Werei and Kupipi is like if there were an VIII banner and the units were Rinoa, but then Director Cid and Hot Dog Lunch Lady.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Director Cid
    Sounds like a viable 3*. Lani from FFIX was just as much outta left field. Libertus from Kingsglaive too to a point, though his LB is full of win.

LB for reference:

Spoiler: show

Also, highly recommend checking out this playlist. I don't know if it has EVERY FFXI song, but it seems to at least have a great majority of them, all the way to current day FFXI. So many memories from random songs. I've been listening pretty much straight through, I'm on Dusk and Dawn atm and I can't recall 100% what it's from, but I think it was CS music that may have been used for one BC. Whatever it was, I know it was epic.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anastasis is probably the most obscure character they could have ever added tbh

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was just thinking this morning how bad it would be to see a rainbow crystal, and it turning out to be a Merc. Ramza.

Fast forward to four minutes ago, and my last desperate attempt at OK. Rainbow!

Merc. Ramza.

Salt.

Had to rush a few expeditions for the first time today otherwise in wouldn't have got the moogle. Way too many 80% failures.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

My new strategy of doing nothing under ~95% is paying off I guess. I ended up with 271 relics this week, a personal best! Also finished adventurer IV finally.

Also finally finished farming Hein (only doing 3-5 per day): 84 clears, 15 sea lions, 6 ouroboros.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I really think the stats for expeditions are bogus. If it's not 100% it's 50%.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

2 golds from EX tickets: 3rd Leon and non-dupe Desch. Rest were garbage.

Also SL sucks just like we thought, have to dick around a few turns till he changes DEF or RES if he starts out resistant to your DMG type if pure physical or magical.

Edit: He can blind/silence/paralyze and he is classified as Demon and Man. Put up my Tidus with Sun Barette and Diabolos.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

He takes buttloads of damage from light? My Zargabaath just counterattacked for 45k damage/hand using Rune Blade and no attack build.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

You definitely don't want to have dark equipped.

Requote of my tips below:
    Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMJjSnH9Zjc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXoP0o2Qauk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkxjg_8b-a8

3 Examples of the fight in JP.

He does 2 patterns of the fight

Pattern 1
    Turn 2: Defense Down
    Turn 3: Defense Down

Turn 4: Mental Down
    Turn 5: Mental Down
    Turn 6: Mental Down

Turn 7: Defense Down
    Turn 8: Defense Down
    Turn 9: Defense Down

(continues this pattern swapping every 3 turns)

Pattern 2 is the flipside of that. (just imagine the Mental and Defense swapped)

Some tips from what I remember of the JP version and watching these videos:
    - Dark Resistance buff. Marie/Minfilia MVP.
    Alternatively, consider Sakura, she has a 50% dark resistance and 20% damage mitigation.
    - Warrior of Light's Arm Eraser(do this first) + Light is with Us(do this second)
    - MAKE SURE YOU EQUIP STATUS RESIST

You can either opt for a balanced team or prepare to turtle for rounds you can't damage. The fight is a long one if you don't have capable units but it's entirely possible (as JP players have done) to solo the entire thing with a well built Prishe (but it will take fucking forever).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How about fuck farming ELT Shadow Lord, guy has way too much HP. My Tidus is stacked with every form of Demon Killer available, and with 100% water imperil on a capped chain with another Tidus still fails to deal enough dmg to kill in 2 physical vulnerability turns.

Think I'll stick to pro just because it's quick and easy. Beat elite without much trouble but the time it takes sucks. 7 ex tickets and 1 half pull, all blues all crap. Not even a decent tmr unit. At least the freebie dailies are coming soon.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast