Closed Thread
Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

14 standard tickets, 1 4* ticket, and a 10+1 ticket: Onion Knight, Veritas of Earth, Water, and Wind (skipped those banners), WoL, Rosa, King, Helena, and Orran, and 3 Sara, rest 3* junk. Not unhappy with the pulls at all, though I would have liked a 4* banner unit to round out the team for bonus. Haven't done the castle yet, but sounds like I'll need to slot in an Ashe anyways to kill it easily so it all works out.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    With a decked out Ashe at 900+ mag and 45% spirit break, I can kill Hein in 2 rounds. Should I set her as friend unit? Or would ya'll prefer Sara for bonus?

This goes to anyone:
    Honestly if you can't put 4*-5* as a bonus I would 100% put up a competent mage up
    Ashe/Fryevia/Enhanced Ace. Any of these are fine.
    Enhanced Ace chains well with Onion Knight so that's pretty advisable if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Sath kinda set up the FFRK one, but most of us are too lazy to message him to add everyone into the group. It was mainly to appease Rata imo.
    Rata kept having freak outs whenever he saw ffbe lol, like long paragraph freakouts.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

[QUOTE=Mina;6950755
    Rata kept having freak outs whenever he saw ffbe lol, like long paragraph freakouts.[/QUOTE]

makes everything worthwhile right there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hate this event already: 35 pulls got me Aria and 4 Sara, nothing more. And Hein is annoying as hell to fight, forced to take Terra with me to even kill it :/

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    makes everything worthwhile right there.
    Oh it was funny I'll give it that, but made it hard to talk to anyone on discord about FFBE cause he was triggered by non-ffrk talk.
    Then we had to move to #general and pretty much constantly left the entire bg server pissed off cause no one wanted to give us our own channel.

I don't know who wore down the admins first but someone was like "OK ENOUGH" and gave us our own place to talk. XD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Should I put up Zyrus with nearly 1200 magic or maxed 5 star Sara for bonus for other people to use.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's a 662 magic Zyrus. The green numbers are just equipment + abilities + Esper that are an increase over their base unmodified stat. White numbers are the totals.

I'd vote the Sara.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Oh, lol I was reading that wrongly this entire time.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Put up my 613 MAG Enhanced Ace as a friend unit, but his tri-beam is stuck at +1 until I can finish story missions for last 3 Giancrysts and that won't be till I can emulator on Tues (phone crashes on story missions).

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

how good is that 4* healer chick? I'm on a break right now but had some tickets to use up so I pulled on the OK banner. I hear she's basically Tilith lite?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

For people trying to clear this event who are struggling

General Tips:
    1. Carbuncle is best summon to use on the boss. Reflect spell is amazing, especially if you know you can 2-shot it.
    2. Odin offers the killer bonus you're looking for if you're using a unit to get killer bonus.
    3. His SPR can be broke, which is good cause physical ain't doing shit to him.
    4. A good Fryevia can solo him on round 2, especially if your trash units can throw hits in for chain damage. (note: if you have your own fryevia, this is the best fucking option, use her + OK bonus)
    5. Ace's Tri-Beam Laser +2 is great to chain with OK
    6. 2 Ashe's can easily clear this in a single round provided the gear.
    7. You should 100% boost your own SPR defenses as Hein is a magic casting asshole.
    8. Status ailments are bad. If you can't 2-shot him, you'll definitely need resistances. Confusion being the worst because even if you remove it from an ally their turn is used up.

When it comes down to magic... What should I do?
    1) Non-elemental magic spells are the easiest to perform: Meteor, Ultima, Alterna, Blood Pulsar, Tri-beam Laser, Heaven's Fury or hell any of Kefka's strongest shit.
    2) Fryevia can kick his ass round 2 being that he drops ice round 2 and round 4. If you can kick his ass round 2, you're golden.

Who should I put up as a friend unit?
    1) If you can provide a 75% or 100% bonus yes. Even if you can't equip them properly try to give them supportive equipment and resist equipment at the least
    2) For a non-bonus: super-geared Fryevia = super-mages > enhanced Ace > above avg mages (super Fryevia and super mage probably in the same category the more I think about it)
    3) If you have absolutely no mage worth sharing then yeah, the shitty bonus unit
    4) If you lack all of the above probably don't bother swapping units lol

Lastly, yes this event is hard as nails if you've been ignoring your mage units up until this point. JP had a rough time with this event too especially with the meta being physical heavy and got their shit rocked. We at least had people who were preparing for this and the Moon trial so there should be some decently equipped whales to help you along. If you find it too hard, definitely get the bare minimum and get out lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    how good is that 4* healer chick? I'm on a break right now but had some tickets to use up so I pulled on the OK banner. I hear she's basically Tilith lite?
    She is. If you don't have Tilith she's a pretty good replacement for now and arguably better than Refia.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Oh it was funny I'll give it that, but made it hard to talk to anyone on discord about FFBE cause he was triggered by non-ffrk talk.
    Then we had to move to #general and pretty much constantly left the entire bg server pissed off cause no one wanted to give us our own channel.

I don't know who wore down the admins first but someone was like "OK ENOUGH" and gave us our own place to talk. XD
    I think I suggested changing the moba channel to FFBE after general got flooded with a dense amount of ffbe chatter for a week+ that Zet et al was sick of it. In the end, everyone won.

And annoying Rata was a bonus. I didn't mind the off topic banter. Good reads at 8am when I have my first work break.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    She is. If you don't have Tilith she's a pretty good replacement for now and arguably better than Refia.
    good to know, thanks!

Used more tickets than I wanted to. Only to get 5 sera. Dailies only for rest of the banner.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    For people trying to clear this event who are struggling

General Tips:
    9. Solo with Mal's OK. ;P Set him up as a mage with Ring of the Lucii dual casting Alterna. I don't know to what degree he can solo, but with a break from World Breaker and a magic buff from Sara's LB, he one shots.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

What are you equipping him with? I pulled OK and as painful and wrong as it makes me feel I can steal my Fryevia's junk and do the same. I did it to test it out and (forgetting to equip D.C.) could kill it with 3 Alternas. Full break from earring guy and LB from Sara.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm seeing a lot of sealions. I've bought out all the tickets already and I think once I have the Helm I'm done except for 3x clears a day for dailies. I ranked up once and that's the only energy I've put into this event. I'm running with 1 50% unit and a friend Davos.

I've only come across one set of bonus so far but then again I'm only running pro. Which is painfully slow. Running with 150% bonus. Getting maybe 700 to 900 a run depending on what friend I bring along.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Delain View Post
    What are you equipping him with? I pulled OK and as painful and wrong as it makes me feel I can steal my Fryevia's junk and do the same. I did it to test it out and (forgetting to equip D.C.) could kill it with 3 Alternas. Full break from earring guy and LB from Sara.
    You can definitely do it if you've got a Fry geared I'd imagine. I lack her so it's Enhancer with 4x L&A for me.

Spoiler: show

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast