Closed Thread
Page 10 of 153 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Oh shit, I'm sorry... Actually I had no idea about the mistake they made in the past. Now I know I need to monitor the 3AM server change
    It's happened twice within a week, both times Gumi decided to be dicks and remove the banner so that some players could pull and others couldn't. It's fucking stupid if you ask me, just leave it up...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

did a daily 1/2 price today since a summon is part of the daily quests... blue drops, "oh well, not surprising", oh wait it goes gold "cool maybe i'll get a desch finally", ooooh and now it goes rainbow holy shit this is maybe the 2nd time since launch that a 1/2 price pull has gone rainbow "gonna be an Onion Knight or a troll Lightning???"... BAM Fryevia (my 2nd). Ok, that works.

Are there any good spear users coming in the future for me to keep a 2nd veritas of the heaven's? And not just fuse it to the first one I have? So i missed a 2nd freebie summon. I'm with you guys, is bs that some people get it and some don't. If your gonna fuck up like that everyone should get it not just a few.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So that Labor Day bundle that everyone said was shit, turns out it's not quite so bad. Read about an issue with the ingame mail system here. I had some Amazon Coins still from a purchase nearly a year ago so I decided to give it a go. The idea is you have exactly 23 open unit slots and buy all three bundles. Clear your mail so those are the only units within your mail, and claim all. You'll claim one bundle and be unable to claim the rest. What it does do though is still claims the tickets from all 3 bundles, but the tickets remain in the remaining two bundles. Repeat again for the second bundle, 23 units, claim all.

Pretty much the breakdown is:
    First claim all - 3+3+3 tickets
    Second claim all - 3+3 tickets
    Last claim all - 3 tickets

End result is you get 18 tickets. $21 for 18 tickets, 750 lapis, and the exp/gil isn't all that bad, it's actually on the higher end of value. I actually didn't pay attention to lapis to see if that was doubled up or not, but I don't think so. Whether this would be considered an exploit or not, idk. I assume so, but it's apparently been around for awhile, just that most bundles aren't set up in such a way to take advantage of the issue. Typical use at your own risk type of stuff, but considering data injection is still a thing, I doubt this is something they'd take action over since the end result is they still make money.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I have now died 3 times farming this event because people with onion knight don't have confuse resistance. It's not like all their attack does crap during this event other than screw people over. So salty.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Luckily 2x Ashe has been enough to 1shot elt hein but holy shit let's talk about how annoying these events have been to farm and how much worse they're gonna get. This week will be Shadow Lord who works just like the xi version which, if you don't remember, becomes nigh immune to one type of damage and vulnerable to another. So unless you can swing 2 powerful dds of both magic and physical it can forcibly take 4-5 turns just to start damaging him.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Waaait, we would need to devote 4 slots to DD? But where do the bonus units go, tho?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No bonus; this is a raid. You just kill him (or damage him as much as possible) and he slowly "levels up".

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Ahhh okay.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMJjSnH9Zjc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXoP0o2Qauk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkxjg_8b-a8

3 Examples of the fight in JP.

He does 2 patterns of the fight

Pattern 1
    Turn 2: Defense Down
    Turn 3: Defense Down
    Turn 4: Mental Down
    Turn 5: Mental Down
    Turn 6: Mental Down
    Turn 7: Defense Down
    Turn 8: Defense Down
    Turn 9: Defense Down
    (continues this pattern swapping every 3 turns)

Pattern 2 is the flipside of that. (just imagine the Mental and Defense swapped)

Some tips from what I remember of the JP version and watching these videos:
    - Dark Resistance buff. Marie/Minfilia MVP.
    Alternatively, consider Sakura, she has a 50% dark resistance and 20% damage mitigation.
    - Warrior of Light's Arm Eraser(do this first) + Light is with Us(do this second)
    - MAKE SURE YOU EQUIP STATUS RESIST

You can either opt for a balanced team or prepare to turtle for rounds you can't damage. The fight is a long one if you don't have capable units but it's entirely possible (as JP players have done) to solo the entire thing with a well built Prishe (but it will take fucking forever).

Also would you guys prefer a built mage(Fryevia, Ashe), built phys dps(Orlandu/2B), or a pimped Marie for a friend unit? XD Just wondering.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I really like that Kupipi's TM is the Portal Charm.

I'm going to pull hard for 1, maybe 2 Werei(Whoever the fuck he is). His tm is solid. Does anyone know if moogles will be in the raid summon again? I assume so.

Edit: I'm a pureblooded Windurstian so maybe Werei is from Bastok or Sandy missions?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Werei is from Bastok. I had to ask the same question myself. Kupipi is just as obscure for anyone who didn't fuck with Windurst being that she was that receptionist that I have strong memories of yet no one else would give a fuck lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, they sure went out of their way to pick the most forgettable NPCs in FFXI for this. At least Prishe is there.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

They could of picked the leaders or major figureheads of the nation or even just some heavily story tied units. Hell just pick a random friendly gobbie. Or Bastok's Cid... Cureilla from San d'Oria? That hume from Jeuno? Maat? Okay maybe not Maat... How about one of the memorable class trainers?

But the storyteller from Bastok and the receptionist in the Heaven's Tower?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

In the theme of the shadowlord they could have done

5* Lion
    4* Zeid
    3* Ayame (She's the SAM from 2-3 right? I'm going off memory here)

Zeid could have the same tm as Werei and be a good 4* finisher with Spinning Slash or Ground Strike.

Lion could be the 5* THF we deserve.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In comparison we have Shantotto, Curilla, Ayame, Prishe, Lion, Zeid and Aphmau in FFRK (granted that Aphmau feels out of place given that there hasn't been any ToAU related content but they wanted a popular WHM candidate). That is a good selection of characters with different skillsets and all are memorable in their own ways. At least Kupipi is also a Trust summon lol.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

D: Still feels pretty obscure, makes me wonder who was the one who put these names forward lol.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of rights/cost red tape involved, but yeah, definitely random wtf picks.

I'd attribute similar to why 7 and 8 haven't been represented. Much as some love 9, I think the prior two are the more beloved of the PS1 era.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Semih Lafihna is pretty memorable to me (2-3 fight); probably the most memorable aside from Shantotto.

Ajido-Marujido would have been a much better choice for an(other) early taru unit, or even Karaha-Baruha.

On an unrelated note, just made some room on FL in case I'm still missing anyone from here.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think they waited on the most popular ones, actually. That's why 7 is just now releasing Sephiroth (and we'll get cloud soon). I'm betting 8 isn't too far off as well.

But that doesn't explain why 14 is well-represented and 11 is just garbage though. I'm hoping they will release better characters later.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 153 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast